Thread: texture is either white or filled with font texture?

Default texture is either white or filled with font texture?

I am testing on my tegra2 device, the texture doesn't show at all, if I use rttex,it display font texture font_trajan_00.png for almost all surface, I don't know why,quake3 level are totally white no matter what format I use,I am using latest svn version, My device is atrix4g

3d house scene log says: (with a dot ended,no texture name);
    file manager report,load texture failed: .

the animation mesh says: missing *.bmp even after I change node texture to xxx or jpg, it seems binded somewhere.

thanks

Hmm, as a sanity test I compiled and tried the latest RT3DApp on my N1 and it was ok, so don't think I recently broke anything.

In comments on my new game, a person reported it worked fine with the Optimus 2X which is a Tegra2 device.

Could you give my game a try? If it works.. hm, maybe you are missing a step with the texture packing? Did you run update.bat in the media dir? Does RT3DApp work under Windows through the MSVC solution?

Those errors do look strange. Hmm. I wonder if I have a bug in the error logging. (like, forgot to add a .c_str(); or something)

My game (built with Proton) is here if you want to try it on the tegra2: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rtsoft.tanked
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

hi,thanks for the reply,today after a fresh install from svn,the texture now works fine,but I do found another problem,the quake3 level now renders without lightmap on my atrix4g,but do works fine on my me501.b3d level renders lightmap correctly on both device.
    also another question,how to setup the right armeabi or armeabi-v7a lib to load if the device do support v7a ? I found that if I build two version it load armeabi lib on my device since atrix4g support armeabi-v7a? thanks

quake3 level now renders without lightmap on my atrix4g,but do works fine on my me501.b3d level renders lightmap correctly on both device.
    Hmm. Not sure, I haven't seen any problems with the Quake map renderer but all my "real" stuff has also used the .b3d loader so maybe it does something differently. Would have to get that phone to fix it reproduce it I guess.

how to setup the right armeabi or armeabi-v7a lib to load if the device do support v7a ? I found that if I build two version it load armeabi lib on my device since atrix4g support armeabi-v7a? thanks
    Edit RT3DApp\android\jni\Application.mk and change

Code:
    APP_ABI := armeabi
    to

Code:
    APP_ABI := armeabi armeabi-v7a
    (It's actually there but commented out..) This should cause it to build and include both versions. Maybe I should enable that as the default for that example, although it does double compile times.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Hi, again, I've download the apk from this page http://www.codedojo.com/?p=1052, the result is the same, works on my old me501 but not showing quake3 lightmap on my atrix4g, I've also tried on my new lg 2x,same result. I guess there is some compatible problem with tegra2, also I've tested a demo from http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/foru...ic.php?t=37235
    the lightmaps works fine on atrix4g. thanks.

http://code.google.com/p/kwaak3
    edit: I've also found quake3 port for android,it runs on my device renders without lightmaps too, even if I enable lightmaps from menu, disable it vertex light renders fine.so it is not problem with proton I guess, it's some sort of problem between quake3 bsp and tegra2 ?
    Last edited by johnst; 09-15-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Hmm - does the option that just renders a house with lightmap work ok?

If so, yeah, it looks like the Quake map loader/renderer may be doing something the tegra doesn't like, but could probably be tweaked to work if the house example does.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

the b3d house scene works fine on all my devices.I've manage to use b3d for now although my favorite gtkradiant would be missed

Lesser Knight

Have you installed the chainfire3d driver ?
    That's what makes the quake 3 lightmaps not load on my galaxy S2 , when I uninstall it the lightmaps load just fine.

Still I reinstalled it to run incompatible games, I don't use quake3 level format anyway, b3d ftw!
    Also I've tried both quake3 ports kwaak3 and quake3droid neither one of them loads lightmaps at all , probably a bug...

I don't have that app on my atrx4g, I remember chainfire3d is for device that is not tegra right? lightmaps just don't load for some reason, only one lightmap works that is the irrlicht port for android.(on the irrlicht forum link from my previous reply).although you mention that, I've tried to install it, doesn't change anything.maybe some bsp loader error.

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by johnst View Post
    I don't have that app on my atrx4g, I remember chainfire3d is for device that is not tegra right? lightmaps just don't load for some reason, only one lightmap works that is the irrlicht port for android.(on the irrlicht forum link from my previous reply).although you mention that, I've tried to install it, doesn't change anything.maybe some bsp loader error.
    I see.. Well , quake 3 lightmaps load fine here so it's probably incompatible with tegra or something like that..