Thread: Team mode play thoughts

Default Team mode play thoughts

Ajax: I've only tried team mode a few times, but it just isn't fun if you get teamed up with newbies. On a 15 point game I might score 9 and be in first or second place overall and still lose 100+ points since no one else was helping.
    This is a tricky one to fix. People can switch teams before launch and try to even it up, but I think it's more likely that good players will gravitate towards one side and cream the worse players.

I have one idea but it will make some angry:

What if right as you're about to launch, the game re-arranges unbalanced teams (by looking at career points) and shuffles them to be better? It could be smart enough to not interfere unless the point differential is > 60% or something.

Note: In private games it wouldn't interfere, in fact, right now in private team games it even allows unbalanced teams like 6 against 1.

A separate problem is what to do in a 2-2 game when one player quits? People do crash or get phone calls.. you sort of feel bad about beating the guy at that point.

Some possible solutions:

• Server kicks off someone to make the teams even (don't like this..)
    • Server gives super powers to the remaining player to even it up (I like this.. his Tank could look different to make it clear)

Anyway, this thread is for any suggestions/comments on teamplay.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Question What about a team leader

sometimes people aren't helping so i just want to kill them my self. could you add a function where it randomly chooses a team leader or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    This is a tricky one to fix. People can switch teams before launch and try to even it up, but I think it's more likely that good players will gravitate towards one side and cream the worse players.

I have one idea but it will make some angry:

What if right as you're about to launch, the game re-arranges unbalanced teams (by looking at career points) and shuffles them to be better? It could be smart enough to not interfere unless the point differential is > 60% or something.

Note: In private games it wouldn't interfere, in fact, right now in private team games it even allows unbalanced teams like 6 against 1.

A separate problem is what to do in a 2-2 game when one player quits? People do crash or get phone calls.. you sort of feel bad about beating the guy at that point.

Some possible solutions:

• Server kicks off someone to make the teams even (don't like this..)
    • Server gives super powers to the remaining player to even it up (I like this.. his Tank could look different to make it clear)

Anyway, this thread is for any suggestions/comments on teamplay.
    I had the same problem today.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Hey Seth just wondering. what is the points system/distribution in team games.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Hmm, good question, I've sort of forgotten. I think I just share the winning points (the exact amount the losers lose) equally between all winning players. Right? If you quit early you still lose points, so there is a chance you still get points too, even if you lose connection. (as long as your time wins)
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Hmm, good question, I've sort of forgotten. I think I just share the winning points (the exact amount the losers lose) equally between all winning players. Right? If you quit early you still lose points, so there is a chance you still get points too, even if you lose connection. (as long as your time wins)
    Thanks for the information but I have another question. how do you figure how much each person on the losing team gets taken away from them?

Everyone on the losing team loses 5% of their career points. (max of 200 though) As with winning, the personal placement (1st, 2nd, etc) doesn't matter when calculating points, it's a team effort.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies