Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestion new kind of game "The never end game"

Lesser Knight

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I think the website server is running on Tokyo time (UTC+9) - but you can set your time zone if you edit your profile (Forum Actions->Edit profile->General settings) so it should show it in local time if you do that.
    Thanks, I did that. Also, I don't mean to be pushy but I never really got an answer: do you like my idea about the wagering points game. The NEG is a better idea, but why not do both.
    Noob will be number one soon

Thanks, I did that. Also, I don't mean to be pushy but I never really got an answer: do you like my idea about the wagering points game. The NEG is a better idea, but why not do both.
    Not a bad idea, but probably not enough people would use it (like 6? ) to make it worth the time to add that right now. What's the main reason people would use this for? To play games where nobody loses a lot of points? If that's the case, I may have a better way, could just let people play "unranked" games.

Or would they want to play games to basically give someone else 10,000 points? This could mess with the rankings...
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Knight

Default I don't understand

Not a bad idea, but probably not enough people would use it (like 6? ) to make it worth the time to add that right now. What's the main reason people would use this for? To play games where nobody loses a lot of points? If that's the case, I may have a better way, could just let people play "unranked" games.

Or would they want to play games to basically give someone else 10,000 points? This could mess with the rankings...
    I don't understand Seth. Sure people want the NEG or just a practice room to play in.

In regards to my idea, I respect your comments but I am offended that you make the idea seem so pointless. Obviously there would be a cap on the wagering. Maybe like each person if they want to set up a game can put the maximum wager to like 200 points. I think a ton of high ranks would love this idea. This way, if they win then they can get the money in the pool. It would not screw up the rankings. Soccerfu and I support this idea and I am sure many others would to. I mean, some people would like a game where the calculations for point winnings is different.

In regards to my idea, I respect your comments but I am offended that you make the idea seem so pointless.
    I didn't say it's pointless, please don't be so sensitive.

Before adding a feature I try to understand the entirely of both the base motivations and possible abuses so I can tweak ideas to work better. And then, balance it on a time to implement vs overall value to everyone scale - sometimes I go ahead and do it and other times it's better to grab for lower hanging fruit first. Does that make sense?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

I like your signature noob.

Before adding a feature I try to understand the entirely of both the base motivations and possible abuses so I can tweak ideas to work better. And then, balance it on a time to implement vs overall value to everyone scale - sometimes I go ahead and do it and other times it's better to grab for lower hanging fruit first. Does that make sense?
    not trying to be nagging but Seth do you like my map themes.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Lesser Knight

Default Ok

I understand. Sorry if i came off as overly sensitive. Thanks for the work you have done.

Randy

The never end game the name itself doesn't sound good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    The never end game the name itself doesn't sound good to me.
    No offense but are you kidding me? The never end game is awesome!
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Hey autotropc got any new ideas for the "NEG".