Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: test my demo

ClanLib Developer

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca.palmer View Post
    See here.

iPads run iOS, not MacOS, which ClanLib has never supported. (Proton, though by the same developer, is a completely different API.)
    Actually, see http://esoteric.clanlib.org/~mbn/temp/iDungBeetles.png

ClanLib Developer

I have compiled ClanLib 1.0 with this patch applied for you.

You can download the VS 2010 precompiled libraries and headers from http://clanlib.org/download/binaries...-radeonfix.zip

Note, I have not tested this at all - I have only compiled ClanLib, not any ClanLib 1.0 games to check if it works.

Good luck

Lesser Knight

thanks especially sphair and seth.

If have next game,I think i will take proton or unity.

About clanlib1.0 and clanlib2.0 use same lib,really? When I use the lib from the site for clanlib2.0, the libpng method have changed,I mean that the version of lib have changed.And some lib not success complie.I have success complie four years ago.

Whatever I will try until success,because it's my work for four years.Hope get help from you!Thanks ,everyone.God bless!

ClanLib Developer

Clanlib1.0 and Clanlib2.x share the same dependencies libraries

ClanLib 2.x is a lot different than ClanLib 1.0

ClanLib should in theory be easy to port to MacOS or IOS or Android etc. We just don't have any developers that have them platforms.

We could use the ClanLib donations to buy a developer kit. But that would mean commitment from the developer.

Maybe if someone denoted lots of money, an active (and approved) developer might work on it for a set period of time. (Not me though )

http://clanlib.org/wiki/Donations <-- to denote lots of money

Until then I suggest proton, because it is tuned for mobile phones. ClanLib is designed for heavy duty applications, and i'm not sure how well it would scale.

ClanLib Developer

Actually Proton was made by Seth, while ClanLib was originally started by me. But yes, if you have a need to run the game on mobile devices using Proton is not a bad idea.

ClanLib Developer

About that iDungBeetles screenshot, that is indeed ClanLib 2 running on the iPad emulator. And I also managed to get it to run on the real device too. However I never completely completed the work mostly due to a lack of a personal need. So using Proton is still the better option for those platforms, unless you are up for the task to complete the work.

Animehunter also managed to get the code to run on OS X after a bit of tweaking (those platforms are fairly similar), but once again its not finished enough to make the support official.

Lesser Knight

sphair,it's work,you build lib for clanlib1.0 is work. Thanks very much. But, I think must port to 2.3.Because I found that when my game fullscreen run on some machines have varios problem,clanlib2.3 in fullscreen is good.
    BTW, the FPS(frame per second) is odd on some machine. I will upload some code I use.

ClanLib Developer

The OpenGL 3.0 (clanGL) performance in ClanLib 2.3.3 is not as good as it can be on some graphic cards. This issue will be fixed for ClanLib 2.3.4

(The fix can be found in ClanLib 2.3 SVN)