Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bug report

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    I dont have an ipad but my touchpad still does this very often. About once every other day.
    I would kill for once every other day. I'm crashing on average of once every ten games. I can honestly say I've lost 200 points today alone from crashing early in a match.

Seth I know you are working on it and I can't wit for that update buddy!
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    I would kill for once every other day. I'm crashing on average of once every ten games. I can honestly say I've lost 200 points today alone from crashing early in a match.

Seth I know you are working on it and I can't wit for that update buddy!
    I would guess that it would happen to me about 1 in 100 matches.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

I would guess that it would happen to me about 1 in 100 matches.
    5 more crashes today, lost around 250 points because of it. I hope there is a fix soon as its making me crazy when I play. I finally get to the 1k point color and I see it disappear mostly because of the stupid iPad. I feel even worse because I finally got in a high level team game and sure enough just as I got kill #1 it crashes and when I get back in I see I lost 60+ points... I feel bad for the guys I left shorthanded.
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

Seth me and yellow need the sign in feature so please take this into consideration because we do not want to loose 200 points each time this happens.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Hey Seth,

First off I like to thank you for creating the game. It is very fun and for me a stress reliever!

I like to make you aware of an issue that is occuring. When you kill players and the screen states you have killed them sometimes they do not completely die. They are still able to shoot you for a few seconds and then they respawn. This happened to me a few times last night. I'm 100 percent sure that I killed the player but they are still able to shoot.

This could cost a team the game. Sometimes the score is very close and it only takes on more kill to win.

Of course this is an adavantage for the person that got killed because they still have the ablility to kill you.

Please take a look into this.

Thank You

TPNFRC

Wow I though that was just me. This has happened to me several times to. It actually says you killed so and so yet a few seconds later you die and it says killed by so and so. I thought it was because of a bad connection of my crap ass iPad.

Again great game. I feel bad because it seems like we all have issues but it's pretty neat to help you make the game better.

Quote Originally Posted by TPNFRC View Post
    Hey Seth,

First off I like to thank you for creating the game. It is very fun and for me a stress reliever!

I like to make you aware of an issue that is occuring. When you kill players and the screen states you have killed them sometimes they do not completely die. They are still able to shoot you for a few seconds and then they respawn. This happened to me a few times last night. I'm 100 percent sure that I killed the player but they are still able to shoot.

This could cost a team the game. Sometimes the score is very close and it only takes on more kill to win.

Of course this is an adavantage for the person that got killed because they still have the ablility to kill you.

Please take a look into this.

Thank You

TPNFRC

Thanks for the feedback guys. I probably won't be able to put any serious work into Tanked until after Christmas.. Have too many rushed contract projects right now, but am looking forward to fixing stuff, and adding new stuff like name/password logon (so you can switch devices) etc.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I probably won't be able to put any serious work into Tanked until after Christmas.. Have too many rushed contract projects right now, but am looking forward to fixing stuff, and adding new stuff like name/password logon (so you can switch devices) etc.
    Hear that Yellow. You only have to survive until Christmas!

Hear that Yellow. You only have to survive until Christmas!
    I hope the iPad makes it that long... I have come really close to punting it several times. I will try and contain my frustrations until then.

Default Hi

fhskjfsjd jfflkdsjfsdfdhsjfgdj

What was that for?

I know it's supposed to be random but whenever I get my 1st login of the day points its always been 2. Now I'm not statistical genius or anything but I can imagine that getting a random 1-10 points per day and getting 2 points for the last 8 days would be some kind of lucky feat... Maybe I should play the lottery. Well in all seriousness even people in the lobby getting their 1st login points only seem to be getting 2 points.

OS comparison

I played on my wifes touchpad a little the other day and WOW what a difference vs an iPad 1. Here are my findings.

1. Plays much faster. I was really surprised at the speed of the game... I now understand why (on my iPad) it looks like im shooting someone but its not registering... because they are not there anymore. Really did not have tanks appear next to me or get seemingly killed with 1 shot (because they probably shot me multiple times but they all didnt register on my iPad).

2. Turning and cornering is better. This may be a result of the screen which ill talk about in a next. Best example of this is if im head to head with a tank and they shoot a beagle I can actually reverse and get out of the way! On the iPad I am killed 99% of the time because I just cant move fast enough. I was always amazed when playing on the iPad that tanks get out of the way of my beagles seemingly easily yet I could not do it... now I know why.

3. On the touchpad the screen resolution is much narrower. Good example is on the Egypt map. On my iPad the pyramid seems wider at the base yet on the touchpad the pyramid is skinnier and taller. This makes me think that the wider objects on the iPad is what makes it harder to get around a corner or drive your tank through a spot (say between a dead tank and a wall) that you should easily fit but I constantly get stuck. This may also be why my beagles seem to explode for no reason, especially if they are close to a wall.

Overall the playing experience is much better on the touchpad (even my droid but screen too small). I really look forward to the sign in feature so I can steal the wifes touch pad and start doing some real damage... maybe even give Soccerfu a run for his money.

oh ya and the best reason... I played about 30 games and not once did it crash!!!!

OS comparison

I played on my wifes touchpad a little the other day and WOW what a difference vs an iPad 1. Here are my findings.

1. Plays much faster. I was really surprised at the speed of the game... I now understand why (on my iPad) it looks like im shooting someone but its not registering... because they are not there anymore. Really did not have tanks appear next to me or get seemingly killed with 1 shot (because they probably shot me multiple times but they all didnt register on my iPad).

2. Turning and cornering is better. This may be a result of the screen which ill talk about in a next. Best example of this is if im head to head with a tank and they shoot a beagle I can actually reverse and get out of the way! On the iPad I am killed 99% of the time because I just cant move fast enough. I was always amazed when playing on the iPad that tanks get out of the way of my beagles seemingly easily yet I could not do it... now I know why.

3. On the touchpad the screen resolution is much narrower. Good example is on the Egypt map. On my iPad the pyramid seems wider at the base yet on the touchpad the pyramid is skinnier and taller. This makes me think that the wider objects on the iPad is what makes it harder to get around a corner or drive your tank through a spot (say between a dead tank and a wall) that you should easily fit but I constantly get stuck. This may also be why my beagles seem to explode for no reason, especially if they are close to a wall.

Overall the playing experience is much better on the touchpad (even my droid but screen too small). I really look forward to the sign in feature so I can steal the wifes touch pad and start doing some real damage... maybe even give Soccerfu a run for his money.

oh ya and the best reason... I played about 30 games and not once did it crash!!!!
    The touchpad prevails again. About giving me a run for the money. GOOD luck with that one!!!!

The touchpad prevails again. About giving me a run for the money. GOOD luck with that one!!!!

I have to say Soccerfu is good, very good! I finally got to play with you in something besides Beagle mode and you rocked. About giving you a run for your money, I know of one person that will! You will find out very soon! I'll give you a hint look at world rankings and see who is climbing up and up fast! Btw it is not me. I for sure have room for improvement to get to your level. Trying my best to do that!

Im out see ya!

Don't worry soccer your points are safe... At least from me. I just want to have a fairer fight ingame and not get slaughtered as usual.

Don't worry soccer your points are safe... At least from me. I just want to have a fairer fight ingame and not get slaughtered as usual.
    Yo Yellow!

Play, at night lots of good player online. Most of the Vip games are fair and most of the time come down to one kill to win the game for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by TPNFRC View Post
    Yo Yellow!

Play, at night lots of good player online. Most of the Vip games are fair and most of the time come down to one kill to win the game for both sides.
    Hey TPNFRC, I try and play with those tanks as often as I can. I will try and get on tonight between 6 and 8 for a while. I've actually been playing a lot less lately because the issues I have with my iPad is making me nuts. Every time i start to get some momentum and win some points I crash at least 2 to 3 times per night and I get whacked for 100+ points each time. The crashing seems to get worse when there is alot of action and explosions (like in the VIP games). Im hoping Seth gets the crashing fixed and implements the login feature soon so I can waste as much time as possible on Tanked.

maybe ill catch you later

Default Losing Point Tonight

Seth,

There is a big big problem tonight. First of all I have never seen or experience the lag I did tonight. I played a game where It said lost connection and took me to a screen showing all players name n kills. Also that no point gained or lost. So I thought everyone lost connection because this does happen, and when it does I see the final score screen.

I get a message from a player from my team asking if we won, I said we all lost connection. He said look at my points. I did and I lost about 40 pts. Come to find out One of my teammates didn't lose connection n we lost. Fair enough but why did I see the final score screen no pts gained or lost.

Next played another game n won, won big 8 to 1. I get a message from my teammate that he lost 15 pts for no reason. I looked at my points and again I lost 30 pts. What is going on?! I lost about 70 pts for no reason.

I bet a lot of player playing tonite will experience this. This is a very very big bug

TPNFC

Hmm, well, it could be a bug in the latest patch, anybody else seeing weird things with points?

The server hasn't crashes or anything, and remember you can do /stats to see the server load - if this is < 1 it probably means the lag isn't because the server is processing logs or something.

Also, not saying this is what happened, but keep in mind if you were kicked out of a game, it could still take 5 minutes to finish, and may be confusing if you had just won in a different game, then the point loss from the first game gets removed.

I'd like to setup a message log so you can easily see all messages with stuff like that, even if you weren't connected at the time, to make things clearer.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies