Thread: Team/Guild/Cult Support?

Lesser Wizard

Question

Are you planning on adding some sort of team-based support in FQ? Right now it feels like you vs everyone else... whereas different alliances and such might make things more interesting.

I know teams didn't work very well on the RTSoft server before... I wrote a ridiculous diatribe yelling at people for yanging me, just because I yanged someone who attacked someone on my team.

But, if there was official support, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. And if the Team-based support added more gameplay on top of the already existing selling/fighting foundations, without altering them too much...

So I have a few crappy ideas, that are an example of how Team things could work.

1) Team Events. Like say you get an event like, "A gold casket fell off the shelf, and made a hole in your floor. You can't lift it by yourself... select a team member to help you." Then after clicking on a team member who is online, that team member gets some sort of pop-up thing (maybe), with the offer of help. Then if he accepts, then both of the team members reap the benefits.

2) Burglary/Fighting Help. If someone breaks into your parlor, then a team member has a chance of being alerted, and can offer to help get the burglar/fighter out of your house.

3) Fire Prevention. I'm not sure how fires work in the gamenow... but say it takes 5 minutes for a fire to completely burn all of your wood tags, and 5% of your BPs. Then a team member could login, and save the remaining Wood Tags/BPs if he comes online in that 5 minute window.

Those are really crappy ideas... but the general point is to add things on top of the already established parameters of the game.

Also, I've thought of a few different ways you could go about making Teams/Guilds. You could have it completely user-driven, so someone creates a Guild for like 5 gold tags, and people can join it for like 1 gold tag or whatever.

Or, you could have several pre-set guilds with no leader... sorta like the Cult in Teenage Lawnmower. Well, not really. But like if you join the Pacifist Cult, then you can't attack anyone, and no-one can attack you. If you join the Psychic Cult, then you can go one Psy level higher than anyone else. Sorta the same thing for a Strength/HP Cult. Or perhaps a Crematory Cult, where you can get a Creamator, which leads to (comparatively) lots of cheap burials to get BPs, which wouldn't take turns. Or even a Voodoo Cult, where you can offer to Raise-Loved-One-From-The-Dead for Super-Rich people, which would lead to lots of money (BP), but no funeral tags. And so on... just to spice things up.

Lesser Knight

Thumbs up

The Lord. clan MUST LIVE ON!!! lol

And mimifish' clan of mutli accounts shall die!

But yea, remember oh nearly a year ago you said clans would be a great idea.

Meh, I don't know what else to say.
    Jason Grandon
    Lord.Gandalf

Also known as banditcom on IGN.

This may just be the Political Science major in me talking but I have to wonder if having actual support for clans etc would be good. There is something neat about being able to do something in a game just by interacting with the other players, rather then going through a system. If people want to form their own special versions of NATO then by all means go for it. When the players independently effect the way the game is played that is beneficial, at least according to me. Of course Seth could try to implement Clan stuff as modifiable scripts, letting the hosts decide whether or not to have actual clans. My two cents, with interest!
    --Heretic Man. Hey, it's better than being an Infidel!

Lesser Knight

Arrow

Hey, Lord! Why do you want to pick on me?!
    BTW, I have nothing to do with Hori. So, curse him all you want. Just leave me out of it.

As for redink1's ideas, I like the pre-set public Guild idea. All those possible tag transfer should be restricted within an open public structure. I am a lone player, unlike many other players who have many pals joining. So I don't like the idea to do things within chatroom.

All other ideas that redink1 suggested are not very practical. FQ game usually has only less than 100 active players in one server. Most of other servers might only have less than 10 active players. There is no way to coincidently have some of your team member(s) online while an intruder visits your friend's parlor or a fire is set. It's good idea, but not practically useful.

Thumbs up

I see a a future in Redink's ideas!
    So Seth, share your opinion with us

Lesser Wizard

Well, I think Lord was picking on you, mimifish, because you registered like 50 accounts (with Seth's permission, though) on the official server. I know that pissed me off too

Hmm... you're right about the impracticality of my team ideas... but like I said, those were crappy ideas.

Lesser Knight

Arrow

Most of your ideas ARE crappy Dan.

mimi: You say you're a lone player? I knew that... I mean, you controlled all those accounts by yourself, didn't you?

HAHA
    Jason Grandon
    Lord.Gandalf

Also known as banditcom on IGN.

Well, I've been thinking about this - one idea was have a kind of overall 'good vs evil' cult, you can either join the church or join an odd character from "the ancient graves" (make use of the graves icon on the map) and become a necromanacer kind of evil thing.

Similar to joining the Alliance or Maraken if you've ever played my old door game TEOS. Basically you get bonuses for killing those of the opposite site. Maybe necro/spirital powers don't work when fighting those of the same side. Something like that.

But a game where everyone becomes a necro isn't fun, so I need to think of the mechanics and powers and how you advance them, perhaps you NEED to practice them on an opposite enemy to build them up so the teams would even out automatically. Anyway there are some other things I want to do first but that is on the plate.

BTW, rtsoft was moved to a new registrar and a new server last week and in some places the DNS changes are taking a week to get updated so the website is kind of screwy right now, should be back to normal in a few days.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Knight

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I think Lord was picking on you, mimifish, because you registered like 50 accounts
    If what you said is true, I don't think anyone else can ever have any chance to crack into top 50.

Unless Seth paid me to play 50 accounts at the same time, I was not that free of time even back then. Now I can have only 10 to 20 minutes a day to spare for this game...

To set the history straight, I only had at most 4 (most of the time, 3: mimifish, xiaoyu, and noname) accounts during the major beta-testing run. And yes, unlike some of other people, I told Seth before doing so and he encouraged me to do, too.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Seth @ Dec. 12 2002,4:43)]Well, I've been thinking about this - one idea was have a kind of overall 'good vs evil' cult, you can either join the church or join an odd character from "the ancient graves" (make use of the graves icon on the map) and become a necromanacer kind of evil thing.
    I like this idea, but I don't think the concept of battling cults fits in well with FQ "greedy merchant" shtick. Perhaps cults can be added just for atmosphere, or to influence news, events and risks? I'm just riffing here.