Thread: Migration from ndk-r4b-crystax and old SDK to latest and crash issue

Default Migration from ndk-r4b-crystax and old SDK to latest and crash issue

Hi,
    is there any manual how to migrate from those old components to new? For example to r6b and latest SDK ? I have very starange problems and I think this will resolve them. WHen I start application on device with android 2.1 all is worki on 2.2 and newer I have crash while startup - just after checking SDK version.

Regards
    -AxeD

Hmm, I'm trying to remember what I did.. this is from the svn commit:

* (android) Installed the r15 android sdk and as usual they decided not to remain backwards compatible.. why?!! Rebuilt the build.xml to work with it, this probably means you have to update to the latest android sdk to build for android. Sorry, but blame them!

BEWARE: From the Google tools r15 docs: "Changed default.properties to project.properties and build.properties to ant.properties. Any existing projects that you build with Ant must be updated with the android update project command."
    I think if you install the latest sdk/ndk, then run "android update project" from the DOS prompt in the /yourapp/android dir it will try to update stuff. But the Build.xml needs changes due to the custom steps I add to find the Proton java source - so you should probably copy that from RTSimpleApp and hand-edit it to change the project name inside.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Thank You Seth for hints..... however my problem with Android devices had other source. Project should not be compiled on more than 4 threads in my case and it looks like it has something common with number of hardware cores in CPU.

Best
    -AxeD