Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The piont scoring system is all f'd up

Default The piont scoring system is all f'd up

Sorry guys but here goes. I have been thrown into several games tonight that were 2 v 1. I have won against 600p players and gotten 20 or so points. On the other hand, I have been up against 6 and 700 p players and if I lost I got tagged nearly 30 points. Seth says it is a %.... Bullshit. When a 250 player loses 24 points and a 6 or 700 point player only loses the same amount, then the game is not fair and the % is not the same. Seth...%...then make it the same amount for them as well. 10% for a 700 p player is 70 points...not the same amount you ding a 200 p player. And while I'm on it. If a 200 p player plays a 2000 p player. Do you really think it is f'ing fair to give the 200 point player a major point deduction if he loses. No wonder they all stack up on the same side. Maybe you should look at giving the winner just a few points in this case...after all, they really didn't risk much. If the underdog wins, then reward them. Right now, your game is set to keep the new players down.

don't really care if you ban me... The game is not something that everyone can enjoy. You have a f'd up point system.

roadkill

I am very interested in fixing any bugs, so I'm just going to paste the email reply I gave you here too, for the benefit of everyone:

Hmm, if that happens again could you please take a screenshot of the end scores and send it to me? I can use that info and match it up with the real game data, will help me fix the bug.

Keep in mind the percentages taken depend on the game mode and the placement of each player. Also, if you tie with someone, points can get split between you so you could end up winning very little overall.

(In case you don't know how to take a screenshot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQMKSNPs4gI )
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

The point system is a tough one to figure out. I think the way he explains it make sense and is the best method... But there are a lot of inconsistencies. The biggest one I found and have seen repeatedly (I sent a screenshot a few days ago) is when a second place player loses more points the people who finish below them (players below have more career points). I see this all the time in 4 player games. It's happened to me several times and have seen it happen to others as well.

Also I'm definitely not playing team games again until it is fixed. I really like it but everyone or at least several people just switches to the best team and if you get stuck on the other side and people enter the room and it launches you are screwed. Then they usually leave the game and you get slaughtered.
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    The biggest one I found and have seen repeatedly (I sent a screenshot a few days ago) is when a second place player loses more points the people who finish below them (players below have more career points). I see this all the time in 4 player games. It's happened to me several times and have seen it happen to others as well.
    I have encountered this bug to except it never happened to me just to the other players who fall victim to 2, 3 or 4. But i agree this bug needs to be fixed badly. If i can I will get a screenshot and post it here.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    Also I'm definitely not playing team games again until it is fixed. I really like it but everyone or at least several people just switches to the best team and if you get stuck on the other side and people enter the room and it launches you are screwed. Then they usually leave the game and you get slaughtered.
    That is so annoying!
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Default scoring

I'd also like to suggest that people who leave the battle (remember.. They are physically choosing to forfeit), but end up on the winning side, don't get to share in the points. They should get no points! Too many times people leave at the beginning of the battle, register 0 kills, and then get a share of the points I've worked hard to get. Any way, thought I'd get on my soapbox.
    --*Blitz*--

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    I'd also like to suggest that people who leave the battle (remember.. They are physically choosing to forfeit), but end up on the winning side, don't get to share in the points. They should get no points! Too many times people leave at the beginning of the battle, register 0 kills, and then get a share of the points I've worked hard to get. Any way, thought I'd get on my soapbox.
    I agree this happens to me tons of times. I think that to because it is not fair that i earn points for them to get some of them to. I think it is very unfair. i mean one time i gave a white that didn't deserve it 33 points and he left and was on my team. I do not like giving points to people who didnt earn them.

Seth,

I finally got around to taking a some screen shots. I removed the names of the players and I would just ask that you look at the total blue vs red in each screenshot. Why are you taking so many points from the weaker players when they lose. This only facilitates everyone to jump on the power side. Even when you win against much higher ranked players, the points awarded are not inline with the risk. The only way to gain points is to make sure you are most always on the power team. I might suggest that when one team is loaded vs the other, then the losers only lose a very few, and winners gain less then what the losers lost. If you want all to enjoy this game, then a more appropriate risk/reward point system should be implemented.

Roadkill
    Attached Images Attached Images      

New scoring system is pretty interesting. Like Seth stated, if you have several high level players points will go up. Today I played a few games with mostly blues and up and most games points won were over 200 and sometimes over 400 points. Its rough if you lose but it definitely makes things more interesting. Im a fan so far.
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

I agree the points system is at the best as its ever been in the team mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    Seth,

I finally got around to taking a some screen shots. I removed the names of the players and I would just ask that you look at the total blue vs red in each screenshot. Why are you taking so many points from the weaker players when they lose. This only facilitates everyone to jump on the power side. Even when you win against much higher ranked players, the points awarded are not inline with the risk. The only way to gain points is to make sure you are most always on the power team. I might suggest that when one team is loaded vs the other, then the losers only lose a very few, and winners gain less then what the losers lost. If you want all to enjoy this game, then a more appropriate risk/reward point system should be implemented.

Roadkill
    At first I didn't know what Roadkill was talking about but today I saw it. I couldn't take a screen shot but here is what happened.

I played a single player match, perfer less people. It was me, a pink (abt 2200 pts), a blue ( abt 730 pts), and a white ( abt 70 pts). I won and got abt 118 pts total. The pink player only lost about 37 pts where as the blue player lost abt 73 pts and the white lost abt 8 pts. How is this fair?!

The pink player who has the most points, beside me, only loses 37 where as blue player lost the most 73 pts!

Something is not right. I looked at the end score for about 5 mins to make sure

It depends on what position they placed.

Default Help me understad

Seth,

Help me understand your reasoning for the pointing system. I have attached a screenshot from a real killing today. I clicked on the prefer less people tab and before I could react, I was sucked into this...my bad, all part of the game.
    But, please explain to me why a Player with 4912 points would only lose 41 points, yet I had 380 and lost 42 points. I realize i did very poorly in the game, but to lose over 10% of my total points, when he only looses less than 1%.

Roadkill

Thumbs down

That is very weird. Seth I dont think this is supposed to be happening. Very wrong things are starting to occur and destroy our peaceful would of Tanked.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    Seth,

Help me understand your reasoning for the pointing system. I have attached a screenshot from a real killing today. I clicked on the prefer less people tab and before I could react, I was sucked into this...my bad, all part of the game.
    But, please explain to me why a Player with 4912 points would only lose 41 points, yet I had 380 and lost 42 points. I realize i did very poorly in the game, but to lose over 10% of my total points, when he only looses less than 1%.

Roadkill
    Hmm, don't see a screenshot? But what's happening is it's limiting the CP used for the point math to the average of all players in the game, then it it takes 5% or 10% whatever based on final placement, so in theory that could happen if the 4912 placed higher.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Hmm, don't see a screenshot? But what's happening is it's limiting the CP used for the point math to the average of all players in the game, then it it takes 5% or 10% whatever based on final placement, so in theory that could happen if the 4912 placed higher.

Sorry...my bad...forgot to attach the SC. Hope this helps.

Yup, its because the pink player finished way higher then you did. thats why you lost more points then he did.

Again...love the game...hate the scoring system. This is really not what you think is fair? 4 players against 2. And one with over 1700 points. Yet I lose 20. (see the attached)

Roadkill: Was that team game in a private room? Only private rooms should allow a 4 on 2 match... (public rooms required the same # of players on both teams.. even if they dropped out, they'd still be on the roster, I think...)

Also, "forced balancing" in team games is coming...
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Again...love the game...hate the scoring system. This is really not what you think is fair? 4 players against 2. And one with over 1700 points. Yet I lose 20. (see the attached #7)

The very next game I play, Rawmilk gets a raw deal (sorry buddy) and is overwhelmed by more players. Still, the original count and teams seemed to be even. Yet, Rawmilk loses just 13 points of his 963. (attached #8). How is it that I lose more points in the previous game.