Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The piont scoring system is all f'd up

Add all the CP from all the players together, then divide it by the number of players - now make sure, for scoring purposes, to limit everyone's CP to that average. Because Sentinal was in the first game, the average moved up - you lost more, but you also would have gained more. Does that make sense? In other words, if you play in a game with seven 20 CP players, you will barely lose anything, as it was a very "low stakes" game.

This seems to be working correctly.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Roadkill: Was that team game in a private room? Only private rooms should allow a 4 on 2 match... (public rooms required the same # of players on both teams.. even if they dropped out, they'd still be on the roster, I think...)

Also, "forced balancing" in team games is coming...
    That game was from the lobby...nothing private about it.

and the balancing will be great. I work (lol) very hard earning 2 or 4 points per game only to get sucked into a game where it is totally one sided...and there goes my 20 points again. I don't even want to think about how many times I have ended up in that position...how's that go...no luck at all.

Again...sucked into another one...

Fair...not even close. 4 vs 3 (red) and one of the 3 dropped out, making it 2 vs 4. Even among the 3, The game was really stacked. That's fine...I enjoyed the play....but, to lose 19 points. Now that's really messed up. Really.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah, something is broken, it shouldn't be letting uneven teams start.. are people quitting right away so quick they don't even show as gray or something?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

I have no idea if they are quitting right before the start. Generally, when this happens, I just click on "connect" and I am launched into the game. I don't even know who is there. The game starts and I quickly find out I'm on the wrong team...if you know what I mean. As you can see...they were not even greyed out

I'd be happy to see points scrapped in team games. So much depends on who you're playing with. It encourages players to switch teams to be in a stronger team and rarely is fair.

Yeah, something is broken, it shouldn't be letting uneven teams start.. are people quitting right away so quick they don't even show as gray or something?
    yup a teammate of mine left early and the name isn't even on the score sheet. Btw...... Roadkill don't you know that it is just 20 that you keep losing. When I lose I lose about 3 to 4 times as much as you do.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

I think losses in lobby games need to be more equitable.

The current process deters high rank players from entering the lobby.

It happens to all of us, but you lose 3 times more points in lobby games than if you win. I lose 20-30 points in lobby games and then I win 3-5 depending on who I am playing. It can get frustrating. I played for two hours this morning, just lobby games, trying to get over 1100 but every time I lost it would set me back 20 points and then I would have to play another 5 games to make up what I lost.

I feel like the VIP scoring is more fair because if you lose you can make up just as many points by winning the next game.

I don't mind losing games or points for that matter, just hate having to spend an hour plus trying to make up points from a game where everyone left or the teams were uneven.

Any thoughts? Anything we can do to adjust this?

Quote Originally Posted by rawmilk View Post
    I think losses in lobby games need to be more equitable.

The current process deters high rank players from entering the lobby.

It happens to all of us, but you lose 3 times more points in lobby games than if you win. I lose 20-30 points in lobby games and then I win 3-5 depending on who I am playing. It can get frustrating. I played for two hours this morning, just lobby games, trying to get over 1100 but every time I lost it would set me back 20 points and then I would have to play another 5 games to make up what I lost.

I feel like the VIP scoring is more fair because if you lose you can make up just as many points by winning the next game.

I don't mind losing games or points for that matter, just hate having to spend an hour plus trying to make up points from a game where everyone left or the teams were uneven.

Any thoughts? Anything we can do to adjust this?
    You talking about the team lobby right.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    You talking about the team lobby right.
    Yah team lobby.

OK. now i know not to play in the team lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    That game was from the lobby...nothing private about it.

and the balancing will be great. I work (lol) very hard earning 2 or 4 points per game only to get sucked into a game where it is totally one sided...and there goes my 20 points again. I don't even want to think about how many times I have ended up in that position...how's that go...no luck at all.
    Man I feel like I'm reading myself talking. I even used the same terminology in another thread. This happens to me so often that I'm just afraid to play. Then I just tell myself f*k it, and just get sucked into game after game after game where everything is stacked, have no choice, have no vote, plummet to white, crawl for days up to green again.... agh.. I'm right there with ya, buddy.

Then I go the the tavern, drink myself to sleep, wake up and gamble what little I have away. Then like magic I'm up to 400 again. Repeat.

Let's face it; us lower ranks are just cannon fodder for the upper ranks.

Squire

I joined into a team VIP game the other day, it started immediately before I could even see who was in the groups and found that the game started 3 vs me only. -50 points later... No one had dropped. Wish I had taken a screen shot of it.

Again...how and why do you take 18 points from a 352 point player to cover a 2397 and 90 player? Do you really think I had a chance of winning that one? Maybe you should start using a % of total points. I know the winners would not get as much in this case, but then really, should they get 10 each.

BTW...good game bemz.

Again...how and why do you take 18 points from a 352 point player to cover a 2397 and 90 player? Do you really think I had a chance of winning that one? Maybe you should start using a % of total points. I know the winners would not get as much in this case, but then really, should they get 10 each.
    You lose 5% of your points, or of the "game average" points (the average of all players in the game, which is maxed out at 2000), whichever is lower. 17.6 is 5%, so 18 is correct. (rounded up..)
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Here is another one. This time I won and was rewarded 6 points. The player with 362 points only lost -10 points, not 5% of his points, which would have been 18. Total team average at 5% loss would be over 20 points. I do think the scoring in this screenshot is more fair than my previous post where I lost 18 points to someone with nearly 2400 points. Why do you cap it at 2000 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    Here is another one. This time I won and was rewarded 6 points. The player with 362 points only lost -10 points, not 5% of his points, which would have been 18. Total team average at 5% loss would be over 20 points. I do think the scoring in this screenshot is more fair than my previous post where I lost 18 points to someone with nearly 2400 points. Why do you cap it at 2000 points.
    Ok, step one.. what is the average score of all players in that game?

Step two, realize that everyone's score will be capped to that for scoring purposes.

Step 3, realize that 5% of 203 is ... you guessed it, 10.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Default jacked up scoring (or jacked up understanding)

So perhaps it was discussed elsewhere, but I missed it...but, I am BRAND new at this game. I tried to understand the scoring but I am not yet fully up to speed. I got so angry (and I MIGHT have, like 50 pts) when I was the 2nd place tank after the "mission", and I killed 4, only got killed once, and LOST points...(Egypt). How can that happen...there were like, 7 people in the match?

Quote Originally Posted by km2000 View Post
    So perhaps it was discussed elsewhere, but I missed it...but, I am BRAND new at this game. I tried to understand the scoring but I am not yet fully up to speed. I got so angry (and I MIGHT have, like 50 pts) when I was the 2nd place tank after the "mission", and I killed 4, only got killed once, and LOST points...(Egypt). How can that happen...there were like, 7 people in the match?
    After what mission? about the score. did you finish second or what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    After what mission? about the score. did you finish second or what are you talking about?
    Pardon the improper terminology...the "match" (military background; hard habit to break), and yes, I finished second of all the tankers (sorry if that is not the right geek speak), with either 4/1 or a 5/1 (don't remember), but when the match was over, I lost points....how does that happen? What's the point of killing more tanks than I lose if I can still lose points?