Thread: ClanLib 1.0 and ATI Catalyst 11.10

Lesser Knight

Default ClanLib 1.0 and ATI Catalyst 11.10

I've received some reports from the players, that my game (using ClanLib 1.0) displays blank sprites, buttons, fonts etc after they've updated ATI Catalyst to 11.10. Do you have any idea what could be the cause of this? Could it be something that will be fixed in the future versions of Catalyst, or should I upgrade to ClanLib 2.X?

A discussion thread on the game forum, includes some screenshots:

http://www.armoredbrigade.com/forums....php?f=9&t=335

ClanLib Developer

The problem sounds alot like the problem in this thread http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...7-test-my-demo

There is a patch on that thread that might help you.

Of course, upgrading to clanlib 2 is probably wise, but it might require quite some work; depending on how much of the clanlib api you are using...

Lesser Knight

Has somebody ensured that ClanLib 2.0 is working with the latest ATI drivers?

ClanLib Developer

I personally use AMD and latest drivers with Clanlib 2, so should be working good.

Did you try the 1.0 patch on that other thread?

Lesser Knight

Not yet, but I tried the precompiled VS2010 binaries from that thread. It gave float/int conversion warnings, and the release build failed at linking. Maybe it failed because I'm using VS2008. The debug build was built successfully, but I couldn't test it as I haven't installed the latest ATI drivers yet, and I don't want to send the debug build to the players. I'll get back to this after a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitikka View Post
    Has somebody ensured that ClanLib 2.0 is working with the latest ATI drivers?
    I have tested version 2.3.4 and everything works with ATI driver accept the shadow example. It works on version 2.3.0 though.