Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem Players!!

Well, I think the only real way multiple accounts can game the system in a meaningful way is by having dummy accounts throw (lose on purpose) teamplay games, while their "real" account is on the enemy team. Anything else is just going to not be worth the time... some changes to deal with that are in progress though.

Until then, feel free to stick with non-teamplay games.

There are no rules against multiple accounts or brother sister teams etc, gaming the system unfairly or throwing matches is against the rules.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Well, after I posted that I thought about what you said and changed my mind, yeah using a low guy to avoid risk and trying to transfer points via private games later could work.

I think I know a way to stop that though: All private games would not give/lose points. It would be much harder to coordinate a point transfer then as random people would keep jumping into the room.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Seth and Danny,

I want to raise my thinking about this issue.
    first, i admit that I am one of the players who 'donate' my points among my devices.
    but I call it 'transfer', I don't think it is completely wrong, because all the points is hard earned by myself, i didn't steal and i didn't cheat to others and one of the motive is I try to protect my hard earned points.
    The intriguing or annoying thing of this game is, at some point, the players started to obsessed with their points -- that maybe a reflection of real world, money, rank, etc.. and that become the most improtant goal for the game, you last a big part of fun once you have that mentality --- i think it is wrong, but that besides the point.
    I think most of the less 'elite' players once their points passed 300, they have the experiences in vip room, (many are coaxed into it), the result is their points was ripped off mercilessly by the high point players (sometimes those HP high point players team up at the last moment to game against LP players), it might be 'within the rules', but it is not 'fairplay' if you are on the losing side consistantly and lost your hard earned points almost in a flash (most of the new VIPs' skill are also rough at the time). I experienced it and I don't want to experience it again, so i shuned VIP since then.
    To transfer points among ones own devices is not complete fair I agree, if you tied it with the game context, but I don't think it is wrong if it boost up once ranking in one device -- after all, all the points was earned by that player, just like money, where in the world it bans to transfer money among ones own accounts?). But it gives a false picture of ones ability when he/she uses its low points devices when playing game, and as Danny pointed out, when you play like that, you loss less in a game, this is a 'edge' gained in a grey way ( I love it in the cases when I took away big points from those pinks -- payback time. After all, why they are there to play with whites? they wants to rod the whites effortlessly, now they are being robbed).

This game is intriguing in the sense it reflects so much of the real world and touches deep into human feelings and attachments. and just like real wold, it is not perfect either.

Anonymous

Seth,
    By the way, it seems recently the 'lost connection' problem on iOS became so often to the point that it is very frustrating playing on iPad (on tp is ok, it seems). I vote this is the no.1 problem right now to turn away players.

Anonymous
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-22-2012 at 05:40 PM.

AMAnonymous, i don't have a problem with that. BUT.. if you say it is fair, it is NOT. eg.

you have a main account that have 10 000 pts.. and 2nd account that has only 1000 pts to transfer to the 10 k account.
    when you play with 1000 pts you will not lose as much as the account with 10000 pts.
    so in theory if i would to cheat. i will just play with the low points account to avoid losing too much then transfer the point to the 10000 pts.
    you see... getting to 4k is not hard but then when you are already have too many points.. if you lose it hits you..

BTW i don't do this as i only have a touchpad and an old iphone 3g ( that runs tanks slowww.. )

Simple solution is for everyone to just give me points. I am almost positive TP has codes for heat seeking ammo and unlimited health!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny3838 View Post
    Wow...... U said everything I wanted to say except the part about u leaving... I will truly miss u u r and always will be an awesome teammate. Yo
    I accept your condition.

Squire

Default unique player id. letters.

Hi, you know the two letters we all have which don't change with your name? I've seen someone with my letters, the only difference I can see is that they're using android and I'm using webos.
    What's the story with that? 8

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    Hi, you know the two letters we all have which don't change with your name? I've seen someone with my letters, the only difference I can see is that they're using android and I'm using webos.
    What's the story with that? 8
    here is the story: to many players not enough letter combinations.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Squire

Oh... Well there's nothing sinister about that Thank you.

So if I change my name to theirs there's no way to tell? And vice versa.

Squire

Except the flag perhaps

pretty much, yeah.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    If I notice anybody joining games and quitting on purpose, well, that would be a ban.
    serious???? then pop in any evening EST time and you can witness it game after game after game after game.. there has to be a penalty for it.. even a token loss of points. 5 straight games, same people last night just kept leaving....

serious???? then pop in any evening EST time and you can witness it game after game after game after game.. there has to be a penalty for it.. even a token loss of points. 5 straight games, same people last night just kept leaving....
    In team games? Can you post the player names?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Well, I think the only real way multiple accounts can game the system in a meaningful way is by having dummy accounts throw (lose on purpose) teamplay games, while their "real" account is on the enemy team. Anything else is just going to not be worth the time... some changes to deal with that are in progress though.

Until then, feel free to stick with non-teamplay games.

There are no rules against multiple accounts or brother sister teams etc, gaming the system unfairly or throwing matches is against the rules.
    Hello Seth, I've been told duplicate id numbers are a result of running out of combinations? Fair enough, but I've noticed my cp fluctuating wildly and this coincides with the reappearance of another player with the same id. PO. Is it just paranoia or is possible that his play affects my account? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    Hello Seth, I've been told duplicate id numbers are a result of running out of combinations? Fair enough, but I've noticed my cp fluctuating wildly and this coincides with the reappearance of another player with the same id. PO. Is it just paranoia or is possible that his play affects my account? Thanks.
    If people happen to get the same name/letter combination, it doesn't really matter, that's not really how the system recognizes you, it's just to help people to know who is the "real version" of you, it isn't full proof. (btw, the reason there are so many AA's is because I had a horrible bug in my random number generator where it only gave 0 back for a day or two.. ouch.. but other than looking silly, it doesn't actually cause any problems)

I've heard two or three people complain of losing points while they are offline.

However, it *COULD* be possible that someone else is using your account due to an error, one way to tell would be if you kept getting "you are already logged on, wait X seconds.." for a long period of time. Does that ever happen?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Squire

That happens quite often, usually if I've been idle for a while, sometimes just when I come back from the tavern/store, says I'm disconnected then says I'm already online wait 20s, I don't mind that much but I appear to have dropped over a hundred earlier and it's a bit demoralizing, I know it's all a bit tenuous.. And just a game, weird stuff happens.

It seems that no one has yk as their 2 letter ident. because i have never met someone in my whole career with it!

to be honest, i have a hp touchpad and when i modded it with android i got a two letter id.

the thing is, when i upgraded android from cyanogen 7 to cyanogen 9 i somehow got a new two letter i.d on my same account, with my same name.

even more than that, when i upgraded cyanogenmod 9 with the updated alphas and the nightlies i got a new two letter i.d tag again, but my name stayed the same.

just to let you know seth. i havent been doing anything dodgy, just updating android. thought it was a bit weird

That is a bit weird.