Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Private games now unranked, team games now randomized

  1. #1
    Administrator Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    5,343

    Default Private games now unranked, team games now randomized

    Trying to make things more fair... If you'd like to play for fun/practice, private rooms now do not give/take CP, so that's the place to do it.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

  2. #2
    Lesser Wizard dontshoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    279

    Default

    good move seth, good for newbie to practice..
    i sometime wants to give them pointers and teach them. now i can do that without losing points

  3. #3

    Default

    Seth,

    Thanks for all the work. I would also suggest that you provide a several second "exit" from a game. So many times I am still sucked into a game where I have no idea who is even there. Additionally, some players (playernew) change every game to beagles. Maybe you could set up a room for him and his beagles so others can enjoy other game play. I have never seen someone so fast at changing the mode.

  4. #4
    Administrator Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    5,343

    Default

    Here is one sort of funny idea - what if you cannot change the mode in a room if someone with more CP than you already changed it? What do you think?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

  5. #5

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Here is one sort of funny idea - what if you cannot change the mode in a room if someone with more CP than you already changed it? What do you think?
    That would be very funny because all high CP players changes the mode to Beagles and Arena anyway.

  6. #6

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Here is one sort of funny idea - what if you cannot change the mode in a room if someone with more CP than you already changed it? What do you think?
    That would be very funny because all high CP players change the mode to Beagles and Arena anyway.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Here is one sort of funny idea - what if you cannot change the mode in a room if someone with more CP than you already changed it? What do you think?
    how about making the single player game completely random. No changing modes. Or maybe require 2 players to change the mode...that way someone would have a chance to exit before the game started.

    High cp players already have the vip room where they can set a fair game with players who agree..or they can set up a private beagles room and play all they want (call it beagles). Right now, some have taken over the single area and force b's even if they then exit because of lack of enough points to win.

  8. #8
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Here is one sort of funny idea - what if you cannot change the mode in a room if someone with more CP than you already changed it? What do you think?
    Beagles and deathmatch mode are the games of luck. Especially beagles mode, people just randomly release the beagles to the open space, in hope to hit someone. When there are multiple beagles around you, you are bond to hit one and that person whose beagle hit you gets lucky. They assign two beagles every time you respawn so you don't need to get a box unless you run out. Not like hardcore mode, people are born and respawn with nothing. You need to have ability to get the box, when to shoot, how to move your tank and when to use your protection and weapons. Hardcore mode is the most complex and fair mode.

    My ideal for the game is to make the game fair and enjoyable. Here are my suggestions:

    For beagles mode, don't assign anything when people born or respawn. Only way they can get beagles is to get the box. So people need to have the skills to get the box and kill others.

    For deathmatch mode and crate king mode, only assign one health when people born or respawn every time. So people need to have the skills to get the box and kill others.

    For Egypt map, nobody is allowed to be born or to be respawn in the middle of pyramid, no matter what mode they're playing. So people need to have the skills to get the box and kill others.

    The whole point of this game is you need to have the skills to get the box and kill others.

  9. #9
    Administrator Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    5,343

    Default

    Thanks for the suggestions.. yeah I agree. Ok, I'm going to make some of those changes soon.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

  10. #10
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Trying to make things more fair... If you'd like to play for fun/practice, private rooms now do not give/take CP, so that's the place to do it.
    Our current career point (CP) calculation system is if you are a low CP-er, you get more points when you win, you lose less points when you lose. On the other hand, if you are a high CP-er, you get less points when you win, you lose more points when you lose. So when your CP is high, letís say you have 5000 pts, you need to win three games to make up one game the pts you lose. When people have high CP, they donít want to lose their hard earned points any more. If they have multiple devices, they start only playing the low CP one and transfer the pts to the high CP device. (That is human nature. LOL.) So some other people start complaining. Some are even quitting. That is bad for the Tanked community.

    Here are my suggestions to fix this problem:

    You can keep the current CP calculation system in lobby, but only the white players (CP pts less than 100) can play there.

    For those CP high than 100, they MUST play in the VIP room. VIP room is a FIXED point calculation system. Let me explain:

    For VIP team game, it does not matter how many CP people have, if your team wins/loses, you will get/lose same amount of pts. Letís say 40 pts, when your team wins, everybody in team wins 40 pts, on the other hand, when your team loses, everybody in team loses 40pts. For someone who intentionally (not because of connection loss) leaves in the middle of the game, if his/her team wins, his /her teammates will split the pts he/she is supposed to earn. On the other hand, if his/her team loses, he/she will lose 50% more points than his/her teammates. That way will encourage everyone to stay until the game finishes.

    For VIP single game, it is a little complex. I call this a 60/50 pts calculation system.

    For VIP single game less than four people:
    1. Only two people game; winner gets 50pts and loser loses 50pts.
    2. Three people game; winner gets 50pts, 2nd place loses 20pts and 3rd place loses 30pts.
    3. Four people game; winner gets 60pts, 2nd place loses 10pts, 3rd place loses 20pts and 4th place loses 30pts.

    For VIP single game more than four people:
    1. Five people game; winner gets 50pts, 2nd place gets 10pts, 3nd place loses 10pts, 4th place loses 20pts and 5th place loses 30pts. If more than one 2nd place, they can split the 10pts or no point.
    2. Six people game; winner gets 60pts, 2nd place gets 10pts, 3nd place loses 10pts, 4th place loses 15pts, 5th place loses 20pts and 6th place loses 30pts. If more than one 2nd place, they can split the 10pts or no point.
    3. Seven people game; winner gets 60pts, 2nd place gets 20pts, 3nd place loses 5pts, 4th place loses 10pts, 5th place loses 15pts and 6th place loses 20pts. 7th place loses 30pts. If more than one 2nd place, they can split the 20pts or no point.
    4. Eight people game; winner gets 60pts, 2nd place gets 30pts, 3nd place loses 0pts, 4th place loses 5pts, 5th place loses 10pts and 6th place loses 20pts. 7th place loses 25pts. 8th place loses 30pts. If more than one 2nd place, they can split the 30pts or no point.
    5. If the game has one winner and others are all in 2nd place. The 2nd places lose same amount of points.

    If a player loses enough CP and below 100pts, they will kick out from VIP room and only can play in lobby.

    My 60/50 pts calculation system means you donít win more than 60 pts or lose 50pts in a game. That way you donít worry which device you are playing, because they are all equal. Even if you want to transfer pts from one device to the other, you require same amount of works to earn your pts.

    All in all, the only way you can earn more points is to improve your skills. The more you play and the more you win, the more points you can earn.

  11. #11
    Administrator Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    5,343

    Default

    Hmm... yeah, I think I like the idea.. what does everybody else think?

    A possible issue is during slow times I suspect VIP players will be waiting around too long for games to start. Also, when I turn on VIP room "forcing" for higher players, well, they get ornery.

    I'm working on a huge update right now... will post some screenshots soon
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

  12. #12
    Knight yellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NJ/NYC
    Posts
    71

    Default

    You need to be able to win more than 60 points in a game. If you have several players with over 1000 points in a game together having the winner get only 60 points pretty much sucks.
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

  13. #13
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    You need to be able to win more than 60 points in a game. If you have several players with over 1000 points in a game together having the winner get only 60 points pretty much sucks.
    For those who think winning 60pts a game is not enough, we can set a SPECIAL VIP room for those who
    1. CP is high than 1000pts
    2. are willing to have bigger rewards/risks

    In this SPECIAL VIP room, we can add a POINT option. So we can enter the points between 100 to 300 before the game starts. The point calculation is similar that I mentioned above.

    Keep in mind, you can win a lot when you win. you can also lose a lot when you lose.

  14. #14
    Knight yellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NJ/NYC
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous1 View Post
    For those who think winning 60pts a game is not enough, we can set a SPECIAL VIP room for those who
    1. CP is high than 1000pts
    2. are willing to have bigger rewards/risks

    In this SPECIAL VIP room, we can add a POINT option. So we can enter the points between 100 to 300 before the game starts. The point calculation is similar that I mentioned above.

    Keep in mind, you can win a lot when you win. you can also lose a lot when you lose.
    Well 60 is not enough and I'm sure many people will agree and losing points is part of the game. Remember most people who play do not look at these forums and a change like that will cause a lot of issues. Also too many rooms and too many point scenarios. The thing that makes tanked fun is its simplicity. The one thing I like is where you said POINT option. I brought a similar idea up a while ago to have games set up kind of like a poker lobby where you choose which game you want to play and have to put whatever amount the "buy in" is to play and players are paid out frm the pot of cp points.

    Or I'm just more than fine with the system staying the same with some small tweaks.
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    You need to be able to win more than 60 points in a game. If you have several players with over 1000 points in a game together having the winner get only 60 points pretty much sucks.
    That's all fine and all but how many points do you plan to bring to the table? 0 points as usual after you went to the tavern?

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous1 View Post
    Beagles and deathmatch mode are the games of luck. Especially beagles mode, people just randomly release the beagles to the open space, in hope to hit someone. When there are multiple beagles around you, you are bond to hit one and that person whose beagle hit you gets lucky. They assign two beagles every time you respawn so you don't need to get a box unless you run out. Not like hardcore mode, people are born and respawn with nothing. You need to have ability to get the box, when to shoot, how to move your tank and when to use your protection and weapons. Hardcore mode is the most complex and fair mode.

    My ideal for the game is to make the game fair and enjoyable. Here are my suggestions:

    For beagles mode, don't assign anything when people born or respawn. Only way they can get beagles is to get the box. So people need to have the skills to get the box and kill others.

    For deathmatch mode and crate king mode, only assign one health when people born or respawn every time. So people need to have the skills to get the box and kill others.

    For Egypt map, nobody is allowed to be born or to be respawn in the middle of pyramid, no matter what mode they're playing. So people need to have the skills to get the box and kill others.

    The whole point of this game is you need to have the skills to get the box and kill others.
    You are missing the picture why most high CP players choose beagle mode. They have a way to lag on you so that during head to head battle, you can't shoot them more than 4 times while they can shoot you 6 times. Therefore you are guaranteed to lose. If it is on hardcore or death match, if you have health or shield, their trick still works but not very well. That's why most VIP or high CP players choose beagle mode.

    How do they lag? Go and play these high CP players who choose beagle mode, especially those who choose map circle and you know what I am talking about.

  17. #17
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H8beagles View Post
    You are missing the picture why most high CP players choose beagle mode. They have a way to lag on you so that during head to head battle, you can't shoot them more than 4 times while they can shoot you 6 times. Therefore you are guaranteed to lose. If it is on hardcore or death match, if you have health or shield, their trick still works but not very well. That's why most VIP or high CP players choose beagle mode.

    How do they lag? Go and play these high CP players who choose beagle mode, especially those who choose map circle and you know what I am talking about.
    Hi Seth, does he tell the true about the "lag" thing?

  18. #18
    Knight yellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NJ/NYC
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H8beagles View Post
    That's all fine and all but how many points do you plan to bring to the table? 0 points as usual after you went to the tavern?
    I cant help it if I am addicted to their outstanding beverages and mesmerizing slots. I have made it known on here before I plan on blowing all of my winnings in the tavern while Seth makes his changes. I have blown it all and worked my way back up to 700+ points on many occasions only to lose it all again in pursuit of those legendary triple beagles. Don't worry Mr. H8Beagles I will quit my gambling and drinking with the guys and work my way back up the ranks to make my point donations to all of the professional Tank players on here.

    yellow
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

  19. #19
    Knight yellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NJ/NYC
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous1 View Post
    Hi Seth, does he tell the true about the "lag" thing?
    yup yup... not sure how it happens but I have been shooting head to head with tanks on many occasions where we both start at full health and I die before I get close to killing them. I have also died a good 3 seconds after I have killed them and gotten the confirmed kill message that I killed them then 3 seconds later as I have started to move I day and it says I was killed by who I just killed.

    yellow
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    I cant help it if I am addicted to their outstanding beverages and mesmerizing slots. I have made it known on here before I plan on blowing all of my winnings in the tavern while Seth makes his changes. I have blown it all and worked my way back up to 700+ points on many occasions only to lose it all again in pursuit of those legendary triple beagles. Don't worry Mr. H8Beagles I will quit my gambling and drinking with the guys and work my way back up the ranks to make my point donations to all of the professional Tank players on here.

    yellow
    Mr. Yellow, you are missing the point. You are complaining about potentially not awarding enough points when there are multiple 1000 pts players but you bring nothing to the table. How is that fair to all players? 50/50 or 60/40 win/loss points sounds fair.

Similar Threads

  1. what games (other than RTsoft games) do you play?
    By Cleatus in forum RTsoft Tavern
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 11:08 AM
  2. What about a radar for team games
    By soccerfu in forum Tanked
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 12:34 AM
  3. Team mode in private room? How?
    By Blast07 in forum Tanked
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 12:17 PM
  4. FQ Games
    By ServerHost in forum Funeral Quest
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 03:39 PM
  5. Other Games
    By in forum RTsoft Tavern
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 02:36 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •