Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Private games now unranked, team games now randomized

Quote Originally Posted by Abrams View Post
    I must say your wrong the teams are SOMETIMES equal, and sometimes not. The randomize doesn't work as advertised.
    I have to agree with you there. I guess seth figured random was just that and nothing more. I'm not sure what's so difficult about ranking the players and then moving them around to balance the teams, but then I am not writing the code. When you add in the number of times you or someone gets disconnected, winning is a crap shoot. No wonder so many gamble in the tavern...at least you know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    I have to agree with you there. I guess seth figured random was just that and nothing more. I'm not sure what's so difficult about ranking the players and then moving them around to balance the teams, but then I am not writing the code. When you add in the number of times you or someone gets disconnected, winning is a crap shoot. No wonder so many gamble in the tavern...at least you know what to expect.
    A true random stops an incentive to dump points to another player (or gamble) so you will tend to get placed on stronger teams (screwing normal players), which is what would happen with intelligent team building based only on xp.

Anyway, I'm going to revisit this soon, better teams can still be built by using a more advanced metric than just xp (win loss ratio, total games played, etc) , but I want to get some other balance changes in place before messing with it.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    A true random stops an incentive to dump points to another player (or gamble) so you will tend to get placed on stronger teams (screwing normal players), which is what would happen with intelligent team building based only on xp.

Anyway, I'm going to revisit this soon, better teams can still be built by using a more advanced metric than just xp (win loss ratio, total games played, etc) , but I want to get some other balance changes in place before messing with it.
    You lost me in that first paragraph. I noticed where someone else said something about dumping. I have never understood how players dump points. Are you saying you can transfer points in the tavern?

I was thinking as far as balanced teams, you might want to consider total points and % wins.

players total points. Plus. Add to base ratio . Example base % total % for game
    >100 +.01. .54. .55
    >200 . .02. .54. .56.
    >300 . .03. Etc. .57
    >400 .04 .58
    >500 .05 .59
    >1000 .10 .64
    >2500 .20 .74
    >5000 .30 .84
    >10000 .40 .94
    >20000 .50 1.00

then sort players by there total % for game amount.

I'm not sure if the above will help you or not, but I wanted to offer it rather than just complaining.