Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Private games now unranked, team games now randomized

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    yup yup... not sure how it happens but I have been shooting head to head with tanks on many occasions where we both start at full health and I die before I get close to killing them. I have also died a good 3 seconds after I have killed them and gotten the confirmed kill message that I killed them then 3 seconds later as I have started to move I day and it says I was killed by who I just killed.

yellow
    Yellow, that's just standard lag, which I think is okay. The lag I am talking about is that the high CP player would freeze up on you for maybe one second and then you get shot 4 times straight while the high CP player gets shot 2 times. Most of the VIP players can do this so I think it is just a hack they share.

This is the reason why most high CP players choose beagle mode in single user lobby and avoid hardcore or death match. Their chance of winning diminishes as health and shields get in their way.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous1 View Post
    Hi Seth, does he tell the true about the "lag" thing?
    Try to play high CP players who's tank color is laserblue and you know what I am talking about. There are three I can think about right now.

There is another player who's name ends with MX and he is green and does beagle and circle. Hint hint.

All of them lag the same way.

I don't know of any reason why playing with beagles would cause a mysterious lag... unless the FPS dropped from too many beagles being rendered on slower devices, which would cause an advantage to faster devices.

I think a lot of people assume hacks/tricks when they lag out (once you start suspecting everything is a hack, everything does start to look like a hack when you die..), but in fact it's just normal 3d/wifi weirdness and happening to everyone.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I don't know of any reason why playing with beagles would cause a mysterious lag... unless the FPS dropped from too many beagles being rendered on slower devices, which would cause an advantage to faster devices.

I think a lot of people assume hacks/tricks when they lag out (once you start suspecting everything is a hack, everything does start to look like a hack when you die..), but in fact it's just normal 3d/wifi weirdness and happening to everyone.

Seth,

You have to see it for yourself to believe it. Most of these laserblue players does not lag until you are head to head with them. I think there is a hack around that you are not aware of it.

Also I have fast Internet connection so I know my speed is not an issue. I am not talking about when there are lots of beagles running. I am talking about when there are no beagles and just 2 players shooting head to head. And of course, laserblue tanks always lag when at the most important 3rd kill. This happened more than one time. The skills of these laserblue tanks to drop FPS is just superior.

Quote Originally Posted by H8beagles View Post
    Mr. Yellow, you are missing the point. You are complaining about potentially not awarding enough points when there are multiple 1000 pts players but you bring nothing to the table. How is that fair to all players? 50/50 or 60/40 win/loss points sounds fair.

Trust me fella I get the point... like I said in my post I will gladly work my way back up in points just so I can bring something to the table. My point is that capping the most you can win at 60 is just silly. This opens a world of issues, if four 5,000+ players got into a game with each other you are telling me that after an intense game they would be happy with winning 60 points? If a 1000 point player plays 4 greens and wins he gets 60 points... ok, but if a green wins and the 1000 point player comes in last the green still only wins 60??? If that is the case you will never get a new tank into the top 10. If you have that many points and you want to play a bunch of low ranked tanks and they beat you then the deserves more than 60 points. The only way the that capping and having a fixed the point system would be fair is if everyone started over at 0... I think we all know how that would go over.

As far as the lag I do not believe people are hacking the game. I think people get to carried away with the hacking notion. I do believe however that people have learned little tricks or bugs that give an advantage... especially if they have a fast device on a good connection.

yellow
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

Trust me fella I get the point... like I said in my post I will gladly work my way back up in points just so I can bring something to the table. My point is that capping the most you can win at 60 is just silly. This opens a world of issues, if four 5,000+ players got into a game with each other you are telling me that after an intense game they would be happy with winning 60 points? If a 1000 point player plays 4 greens and wins he gets 60 points... ok, but if a green wins and the 1000 point player comes in last the green still only wins 60??? If that is the case you will never get a new tank into the top 10. If you have that many points and you want to play a bunch of low ranked tanks and they beat you then the deserves more than 60 points. The only way the that capping and having a fixed the point system would be fair is if everyone started over at 0... I think we all know how that would go over.

As far as the lag I do not believe people are hacking the game. I think people get to carried away with the hacking notion. I do believe however that people have learned little tricks or bugs that give an advantage... especially if they have a fast device on a good connection.

yellow
    I was thinking in line of 60 points per player but I guessed I read it wrong. 60 points per player equals to potential 420 points per single player game.

As far as bug/hacking/trick you are welcome to play these 2 players that ends with MX or SD and tell me what you think. You decide whether they are hack or bug. Whatever they are using, it is making average player into superior player.

Quote Originally Posted by H8beagles View Post
    I was thinking in line of 60 points per player but I guessed I read it wrong. 60 points per player equals to potential 420 points per single player game.

As far as bug/hacking/trick you are welcome to play these 2 players that ends with MX or SD and tell me what you think. You decide whether they are hack or bug. Whatever they are using, it is making average player into superior player.
    No problem... ya the way I read it is winner gets only 60 so that's what I was arguing but I see where you may have thought I was nuts if you thought it to be 60 points per player.

Even though I think its less hacking and more of bug/trick some players have a clear advantage.

yellow
    "Mortals falter. Kings act. And the mortal who acts? Well that mother f**ker becomes King"

Lesser Knight

No problem... ya the way I read it is winner gets only 60 so that's what I was arguing but I see where you may have thought I was nuts if you thought it to be 60 points per player.

Even though I think its less hacking and more of bug/trick some players have a clear advantage.

yellow
    Actually, a winner gets 60/50 pts per game is a lot.. If you write down the pts each time you win, then average them after 10 games, you will find out most of time it will be less than 60 or 50 pts per game under current point calculation system.

Actually, a winner gets 60/50 pts per game is a lot.. If you write down the pts each time you win, then average them after 10 games, you will find out most of time it will be less than 60 or 50 pts per game under current point calculation system.
    You are right in that many times you win less than 60 points, but many times these are lower cp games. Capping your possible winning at 60 would be a mistake. Think about it, if you get into a game where everyone has say 500+ points and you win but only come away with 60??? Not good...

Lesser Knight

You are right in that many times you win less than 60 points, but many times these are lower cp games. Capping your possible winning at 60 would be a mistake. Think about it, if you get into a game where everyone has say 500+ points and you win but only come away with 60??? Not good...
    If you a low CP-er and want to have a big win, you can always go to TAVERN. However, you want to have big win on the field, like Mr. iH8beagle says, you need to bring enough CP on the table. That is why we need a "SPECIAL VIP ROOM", here is my previous post:

"For those who think winning 60pts a game is not enough, we can set a SPECIAL VIP room for those who
    1. CP is high than 1000pts
    2. are willing to have bigger rewards/risks

In this SPECIAL VIP room, we can add a POINT option. So we can enter the points between 100 to 300 before the game starts. The point calculation is similar that I mentioned above.

Keep in mind, you can win a lot when you win. you can also lose a lot when you lose."

I would like to ask those who love Tanked so much, post their voices here. So that Seth can make a decision which can represent most of us.

I have to agree with the lag or what ever you want to call it. Many times, you find yourself in a game were you are moving in molasses compared to your opponent. It's as if someone is controlling, and as such sucking the fps from the game.

I would also suggest when a game such as the small arena is chosen, that random generated powers be turned off. I can not even begin to tell you how many times I start that one with a dog when my opponent has several shields. There is no skill in winning or losing that one. That game should always start with everyone having the same powers or none at all. If not, then it is nothing more than a computer generated win or loss. You either have the power or you don't. Might as well go to the tavern and gamble.

If you a low CP-er and want to have a big win, you can always go to TAVERN. However, you want to have big win on the field, like Mr. iH8beagle says, you need to bring enough CP on the table. That is why we need a "SPECIAL VIP ROOM", here is my previous post:

"For those who think winning 60pts a game is not enough, we can set a SPECIAL VIP room for those who

In this SPECIAL VIP room, we can add a POINT option. So we can enter the points between 100 to 300 before the game starts. The point calculation is similar that I mentioned above.

Keep in mind, you can win a lot when you win. you can also lose a lot when you lose."

I would like to ask those who love Tanked so much, post their voices here. So that Seth can make a decision which can represent most of us.
    Ya sorry but I disagree with your scenario. Tavern is changing and it had nothing to do with what u bring to the table. To many what ifs... needs to be simple. I get what u are saying and i get your thought process but i dont think it will work for tanked.

Lesser Knight

I totally agree with anonymous1's FIXED POINT CALCULATION SYSTEM and SPECIAL VIP ROOM options. It seems more fair and more skill is required to earn your pts.
    tAnkGIRL

Default Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Trying to make things more fair... If you'd like to play for fun/practice, private rooms now do not give/take CP, so that's the place to do it.

So what if 2 friends want to play on the same team together, they get randomized and likely will not be on the same team. Coalition and I are RL friends who like to occasionally jump on and run together, but with the randomization crap we no longer can. Is there anyway we can once again run together. Also as a low ranked player it is very frustrating to win 1 point and lose 7. If I have to win 7 in a row to break even from one loss, there is really no point in even trying. This game has a great concept and I loved it when I could choose to play with my buddy, but now with the new changes it gives me a reason to stop playing. Hopefully there is a way we can play together again.

I disagree with the VIP option. Its hard enough to get people to agree on the modes, now we have to agree on the points? Besides on the single players lobby, its all about how fast you can kill the noobs and how lucky you can find wounded tanks. I don't think we need another VIP room for that.

Also the auto switching is making more unbalanced teams. There are more 4-3 teams or 2-1 teams. Something has to be done on that.

Would like to have the status as to when will Seth implement fixed points calculation for win/loss. Current system is favoring lower points players.

Quote Originally Posted by Abrams View Post
    So what if 2 friends want to play on the same team together, they get randomized and likely will not be on the same team. Coalition and I are RL friends who like to occasionally jump on and run together, but with the randomization crap we no longer can. Is there anyway we can once again run together. Also as a low ranked player it is very frustrating to win 1 point and lose 7. If I have to win 7 in a row to break even from one loss, there is really no point in even trying. This game has a great concept and I loved it when I could choose to play with my buddy, but now with the new changes it gives me a reason to stop playing. Hopefully there is a way we can play together again.

I agree, randomizer really takes away sometimes,... but then again, sometimes its nice just to get in and launch and not worry who teh partner is...
    so why set up as teams with the randomizer then...

Quote Originally Posted by boater View Post
    I agree, randomizer really takes away sometimes,... but then again, sometimes its nice just to get in and launch and not worry who teh partner is...
    so why set up as teams with the randomizer then...
    yeah i agree with ya boater. BTW Seth i loike what you have done to the game since i have been gone!
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

i like the randomizer for what it is... but just have a certain number of tanks enter, then boom, it takes off and sets teams./. cheerio

i cant even figure it out now how it does it.. ranking? entrance? random???

whatever, I am bitter today.. all done for a spell... Ill miss tpn soccer and getting whooped by AGirl..
    cheers bigdogg

actually I really like the randomized teams. Some times you win, others you lose. But it is never like the old games where everyone ganged up on one side. Too many players here who were crap but would always play with their buddies who would help them win. Now at least, the teams are equal. Sorry to call out a few...but then if you don't like it, come see me. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    actually I really like the randomized teams. Some times you win, others you lose. But it is never like the old games where everyone ganged up on one side. Too many players here who were crap but would always play with their buddies who would help them win. Now at least, the teams are equal. Sorry to call out a few...but then if you don't like it, come see me. Lol

well my buddy and I WERE casual gamers, play 2 or 3 matches a day, the most points I have ever had was 180 so its not like we were destroying people lol. And I must say your wrong the teams are SOMETIMES equal, and sometimes not. The randomize doesn't work as advertised. I didn't mind fighting a bunch of high level guys with my buddy because we dont take this game seriously, Life is to important for that. It doesn't matter anyhow seeing as we don't play anymore.