Thread: Why does not this code run? Program stalled at start up . Using ClanLib 2.3.6

Default Why does not this code run? Program stalled at start up . Using ClanLib 2.3.6

English is not my mother-tone , so the grammar may look weird.
    I am new to ClanLib.
    I am writing a small game using ClanLib2.

I used ClanLib 2.3.4 a few days ago and the code ran normally except for a different behavior between Debug and Release modes. So I upgraded to ClanLib 2.3.6. Unfortunately , the situation gets worse. When I launch the program , it gets full-screen , then stalled . I interrupt the process with gdb and find it stopped at "CL_InputDevice::sig_mouse_move". Nothing is printed to the terminal , does that means there is nothing wrong with ClanLib(or it thoughts nothing wrong)?

I attached the project. It's managed using qmake.
    My kernel version is 2.6.35, architecture is i386.
    Please tell me if you need more information.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ClanLib Developer

I will not be able to compile it for 2 weeks, maybe someone else can. Usually running it under microsoft windows with visual studio will identify if it is the programs fault.

You can try this to help identify the problem: Use clanGL1 or clanSWRender as the render target (instead of clanGL). If that helps, upgrade the video card driver, if possible.

We have tested ClanLib for linux using Debian/Ubuntu and Fedora linux with Nvidia and ATI cards.

Do the ClanLib examples work?

The examples don't work either. Well , I just tried three of them:Basic2D,Fullscreen and Collision.

With OpenGL and OpenGL1 : Basic2D , Collision and my own code show a window that is stucked (only a window frame with something from the underlying window).Look at the attachment "ClanLib.png".
    With OpenGL and OpenGL1: Fullscreen just crashes with segment error.

With SWRender: None of them compile: /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redflag-linux/4.5.0/../../../libclan23SWRender.so: undefined reference to `__sync_val_compare_and_swap_4'

If my gcc version too old ? I'm using 4.5.0.
    My video card is GeForce 9500 GT , the driver is NVIDIA-Linux-x86-285.05.09.run.

Quote Originally Posted by rombust View Post
    I will not be able to compile it for 2 weeks, maybe someone else can. Usually running it under microsoft windows with visual studio will identify if it is the programs fault.

You can try this to help identify the problem: Use clanGL1 or clanSWRender as the render target (instead of clanGL). If that helps, upgrade the video card driver, if possible.

We have tested ClanLib for linux using Debian/Ubuntu and Fedora linux with Nvidia and ATI cards.

Do the ClanLib examples work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ClanLib.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	417.0 KB 
ID:	758  

ClanLib Developer

For clanSWRender (32 bit builds) you need to also use the "-msse2" compiler option.

We used to set the option in pkgconfig automatically, but this caused problems for people who do not have SSE2 - Or have mixed sse2 and non sse2 code

So if you add "-msse2" when running gcc at the linking stage, it should compile.

I am not sure why clanGL1 and clanGL are not working with your setup at the moment.