Thread: A major bug in Dink HD that should be looked into

Default A major bug in Dink HD that should be looked into

There have been quite a few complaints about Dink HD crashing at certain parts in different D-Mods. I looked into it but there didn't seem to be any connection in these crashes. However, while creating my own D-Mod I happened to stumble upon a similar crash myself. I looked into it and compared it to the other complaints, and I noticed a connection. This seems to either happen randomly when the screen fades down or when the game changes the screen via script (I'm still not entirely sure which one causes this). Weird thing is, some people seem to get this bug while others don't. From what I've understood, this has also happened on the iPhone/iPad/whatever.

This has been bugging me for a while now, and I can't remember Seth's e-mail so I decided to post it here. I hope Seth looks into this, cause at the moment this bug is making many D-Mods basically unplayable.

Sincerely, Skull from The Dink Network.

Hmm, I can probably fix it if you can get me a dmod with a savegame (a Dink HD full state save would be best...) right before the bug happens, with directions on what to do to cause the crash.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Default per your request (helping to squash bug hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Hmm, I can probably fix it if you can get me a dmod with a savegame (a Dink HD full state save would be best...) right before the bug happens, with directions on what to do to cause the crash.
    First off, thank you for making such an amazing game that has gave me so much joy through the years. I tend to hit dry spells in my quest for video games and come back to Dink to relive the fond memories and play new Dmods.

I was very excited to see the new HD interface. I too have seen this bug (on dmods) rear it's head a few times and if it helps at all I can provide a save game (from HD) at a spot where the bug will occur.

This example is from Cast Awakening Part 1: Initiation v 1.0. The save is from Dink HD. You walk from the strange machine (save point) throught he swirly gate pass by the stairs and through the arch (i've already whacked the forcefield with the flame sword. The minute you zone into the next room (with the cast king) dink.exe hard crashes. I run Windows 7 64 bit ultimate if this matters:

If you need anything else (dxdiag.txt, etc) anything at all let me know.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: dink.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4d465b69
    Fault Module Name: dink.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4d465b69
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0004462c
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Sorry for resurrecting a year old post, I honestly thought this was from a few days ago <wince> don't send the bonkas after me
    Attached Files Attached Files

Perfect, that's exactly what I need to fix it. I'll definitely take a look at this before the next release, although that may be a while.. !
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies