Thread: Bigger games

Default Bigger games

Hey seth what about making a room where teams would be like 6 vs 6 or 5 vs 5. Also a lobby with 10 to 12 a game because now the games in the afternoon get really packed.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Lesser Wizard

I think Seth would have to come up with more maps for that to work. The only map right now that can accommodate more players is town. Arena and Egypt would just get conjested and cluttered, and the game would require nothing more than turing your turret and firing. Plus, each map has only 8 places to respawn (safely-I know Egypt has 9 and arena has 10, but the ones in the middle of arena are easy to shoot at, and the one in the middle of the pyramid is way to advantageous for getting crates).

Yeah I know but if he made bigger maps I would not want them to look like town. I would like them to have a lot more obstacles.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Lesser Wizard

Well, if he was going at it, he should make a map plus a new mode that lets you explore. Kinda like an obstacle course. It could have target practice, and ramps, and just be a fun/interesting place.

Yeah that would be nice.

Serf

For those using webOS like myself, do you notice alot of lag and disconnecting during bigger games? If there is any way to prevent this that would be helpful to my career points.
    -noobexpert

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by noobexpert View Post
    For those using webOS like myself, do you notice alot of lag and disconnecting during bigger games? If there is any way to prevent this that would be helpful to my career points.
    Don't really know what to tell you. I use webOS and it works okay. Sometimes it lags a lot, and gets disconnected, but that seems to be a server problem. It is probably something with your connection. One time, we were backing up our entire computer system, which takes 3 days, and it slowed down everything in Tanked. I kept disconnecting, and there was a lot of lag. My controls were even messed up (I.e. Hit shoot, open chat. Close chat, delete window. Move forward, shoot. Nothing was working right). So if you have a bad/slow connection, that could be your problem.

Town is big enough to support 10 or 12 players, especially if a building or something was added to the middle.

Lesser Wizard

While I don't disagree that town is definitely big enough for many more players, there is a problem with that idea. There are only 8 places to respawn in town (The four corners, the four mid-sections). Any other place would be too close to another person and throw off the balance there.

But that is where a big disturbance comes. The other two maps have more than eight respawn areas, but they just aren't big enough for more people. Egypt's respawns are: all eight sides of the outer pedestals and the middle of the pyramid (for a grand total of nine-not fair teams). Arena's are: all eight sides of the outer walls (whatever you want to call them) and on each side of the big retaining walls in the middle (for a grand total of 10). So arena is the only map that can respawn more players, but it would just get too crowded with more than eight at a time.

So the only solution to a bigger game is more maps.