Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: @play

Default @play

hey Seth who is this moderator? i have never seen him before. Is there a slot available for another? (just curious!)
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Squire

I want to be a moderator too. How did play became a moderator anyways last time I saw him he was just a regular guy playing games.

Yep, Play agreed to accept the mantle of the mod power.

I do plan on deputizing more mods to keep the community safe and fun. Free games that allow full communication like this one does tend to attract a lot of trouble makers, more than I can handle on my own. I don't want to ban/mute anyone but really, it's the only way to keep this game family friendly. (I wrote it for my 8 year old son, after all!)

To be selected as a mod, I'll be looking for people who fit this profile:

1. Be generally nice. The kind of person who helps other people that have questions.
    2. Have a clean record (never been banned/muted)
    3. Be a mature person who won't use mod powers for evil or go power mad <-- most important!

Anyway, if you want to nominate someone you think is mod material, feel free to do so here in the forums. (someone could setup a poll, hehe)

Eventually I'll pick some more.. but please don't email me, would prefer to keep it to the forums here.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    To be selected as a mod, I'll be looking for people who fit this profile:

1. Be generally nice. The kind of person who helps other people that have questions.
    2. Have a clean record (never been banned/muted)
    3. Be a mature person who won't use mod powers for evil or go power mad <-- most important.

I seem to fit that profile. Is there some way i could be one?
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    [/LIST]

I would nominate Soccerfu as an mediator, if my opinion matters anymore! He fits your description and always is very helpful when it comes to the game. Also choosing Play as one is a good choice as well. Thank You Seth for increasing the prices of some tanks. I think it is more balance this way, and something like this is all I was asking for. I never knew you creating the game for your son, I think that is awesome! Does he ever play? If so under what name?

TPNFRCuk

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    [/LIST]

Hi Seth, I would recommend soccerfu to be a new moderator too. He plays often and was an opinion leader in forum for a while.

Lesser Wizard

Yeah, soccerfu is great, and helpful. One time, when I wanted to test my controls, he agreed to come help after I asked. I can't think of many top 50 players who would want to waste their time with a green like me.

I also recommend TP, who is also very helpful. When I hadn't had the chance to fight an rtsoft tank, and saw that he had one, I asked if he wanted to battle. He agreed right away, and showed great sportsmanship when I killed him (the few times I was able to, at least).

You should incorporate one or two moderators per rank/color. My two choices (to be along with Play) are above. I don't know many purples or pinks, but in my experience, one of each has stood out. Purple: minja. Pink: usst6. They both seem nice and considerate, and very helpful. I couldn't tell you any teals. Whites shouldn't really get one, because they are mostly noobs or people who lose a lot (and, as such, are somewhat resentful of the game.)

And now to the shameless self promotion. I nominate myself as the green moderator. I think I fit the bill pretty well.

But if you are only going with one or two more, I'd say take soccerfu or TP.
    Last edited by bacon1; 04-11-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: didn't like the spacing

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong1 View Post
    Hi Seth, I would recommend soccerfu to be a new moderator too. He plays often and was an opinion leader in forum for a while.
    Was? i still am! Oh and i would recommend tp and bacon1 just because they nominated me, they have good behavoir and they know the game and play it a while too. I agree with ya bacon there sould be no white moderators because the whites are the ones who start mass fights because they have nothing else to do!

Yes Soccerfu and TP would make good moderators. I might consider being one too, but I like Laser blue better than turquiose, lol.

Squire

Angry

Yea I totally don't fit that cause I got banned and I think muted (ANGRY)!

play is nice.. good choice

Lesser Knight

Default Mod

I dont know, i think maybe I could be a good moderator. Now, im not a top 50 player, but i think i can use that to my advantage. I think you should have a long standing tanked member who may not be excellent at it but knows the ins and outs of it. I am a long time member lf tanked and have been posting on these forums with suggestions and comments. I can be very diplomatic on the tanked server was able to help work out the issue a while ago with the fake sethadmin accusing soccerfu of cheating.

Oh and i agree that soccerfu should be a moderator.
    Noob will be number one soon

Peasant

I'd make bacon1 a moderator, players won't expect a green to be one. Just an idea

But they will get an @ sign and will turn a special color so people will know.

Peasant

oh, like how Seth is. Well I think the color should stay the same so people don't know and the cursing, etc, stops

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bllbb6435 View Post
    I dont know, i think maybe I could be a good moderator. Now, im not a top 50 player, but i think i can use that to my advantage. I think you should have a long standing tanked member who may not be excellent at it but knows the ins and outs of it. I am a long time member lf tanked and have been posting on these forums with suggestions and comments. I can be very diplomatic on the tanked server was able to help work out the issue a while ago with the fake sethadmin accusing soccerfu of cheating.

Oh and i agree that soccerfu should be a moderator.
    You and me both, kid (minus the fake sethadmin thing, although I did have my own fiasco like that).

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by usst6 View Post
    oh, like how Seth is. Well I think the color should stay the same so people don't know and the cursing, etc, stops
    First off, thank you for backing me up (you saw that I nominated you, right?). Second, that was my idea, with a hidden moderator, because then people could be themselves, and get in trouble as such (because people are always on good behavior when authority comes in). I give people warnings to watch their language in the game, and they normally tell me to be quiet and go on with their swearing, so they would have a warning (just not from someone with the power to get them in trouble, in their mind). It would show the true nature of people more.

Lesser Wizard

As for soccerfu cussing you out.....he's in the top 5, right. What do people often do to famous people? They imitate them, and I have seen many soccerfu fakes out there. You could have been tricked. Are you sure it was a laser blue soccerfu with the letter code YK? Because that's the real soccerfu.

And that's right. I hate people who screw up other peoples good names.

Default RE: bacon1

Dude, soccerfu was acting like that just months ago! Bacon1, we were just playing together, and you know that other players were commenting about how mean he is. Even his thread about the "noobs" exploiting him was full of arrogance. He just pretends to be nice here because he wants more power. While you may be an average player, this forum is dominated by high ranking players who want to secure their scores. Now that's not the forum's fault, one just needs to remain cognizant of the fact that the comments made here do not always represent reality.