View Poll Results: Who should be a new moderator?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • soccerfu

12 27.27%
  • TPNFRC

23 52.27%
  • minja

5 11.36%
  • usst6

3 6.82%
  • Bllbb6435

3 6.82%
  • bacon1

14 31.82%
  • other: please list below

14 31.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Who do you want to be a moderator?

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by AOEO View Post
    Did seth say this would happen? or is it just for fun?
    He said we should start a poll so he could see possible moderators. He could go off on his own and pick some random guy, but this is to give him suggestions, and show him what the people think. Plus, it gets people to stop flooding his email with requests to be a moderator.

And other does seem to be pulling ahead.
    Roses are red. Bacon is also red. Poems are hard. Bacon.

Alright! ( he probably won't pick me because I want to be one so bad, it makes me look immature.) Lets see the votes for "other" rise up!
    I've tested the Beta of Age of Empires Online (AOEO) and Castle Empires.

Lesser Wizard

Hey, begging is okay in moderation. Soccerfu, noob, and you all asked. I did, too. I just haven't been begging that much (leave it up to the people, and Seth). And TP, I don't even know if he knows he's nominated. I haven't heard a peep out of him, even though he's winning.

Quote Originally Posted by bacon1 View Post
    Hey, begging is okay in moderation. Soccerfu, noob, and you all asked. I did, too. I just haven't been begging that much (leave it up to the people, and Seth). And TP, I don't even know if he knows he's nominated. I haven't heard a peep out of him, even though he's winning.

Yo I just found out that I was nominated! All I would like to say is thank you for nominating me and if chosen I will do the best i can to make sure the game is kept abusive free! Also I think all the people nominated here would be good mods as well! Oh yeah there are two polls going and some ppl are in both of them. Looks like this one has been up longer and the other one was started today.
    Last edited by TPNFRC; 04-13-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TPNFRC View Post
    Yo I just found out that I was nominated! All I would like to say is thank you for nominating me and if choosen I will do the best i can to make sure the game is kept abusive free! Also I think all the people nominated here would be good mods as well! Oh yeah there are two polls going and some ppl are in both of them. Looks like this one has been up longer and the other one was started today.
    I'm sure you will keep the game nice (that's why your nominated ). I didn't know about the other poll, will have to take a look.

Honestly i am rethinking about becoming a moderator.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    Honestly i am rethinking about becoming a moderator.
    Well, it's your decision, dude. Just vocalise your thoughts when you decide.

Yeah i get back too you in a couple of days.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Yo guys I was thinking and I do not want to be a mod. There are many other players that would do a better job than me. The reason behind this is that I might have to play less often if my work load increases, and Im sure it will. A mod should be able to monitor the game regularly to make sure it is kept abusive free. I don't want to let anyone down so I humbly decline being a mod. Thank you everyone of thinking about me when it came to choose one but if I play less often I won't be a good mod.

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TPNFRC View Post
    Yo guys I was thinking and I do not want to be a mod. There are many other players that would do a better job than me. The reason behind this is that I might have to play less often if my work load increases, and Im sure it will. A mod should be able to monitor the game regularly to make sure it is kept abusive free. I don't want to let anyone down so I humbly decline being a mod. Thank you everyone of thinking about me when it came to choose one but if I play less often I won't be a good mod.
    Doh, I just signed up and voted for you before seeing this post! Definitely makes sense though and hopefully you'll continue to play as time allows!

Also, FWIW, here are some of my thoughts on a few of the others that have been mentioned to possibly become moderators:

Soccerfu: Within the first few days of playing the game I, like many other noobs, was having a hard time grasping everything. However, it was immediately clear I learned even less when I played in games where high ranked players like Soccerfu typically dominated (especially with Beagles...man did I hate Beagles mode then!). So, I left the lobby anytime Soccerfu was there, sometimes going in and out a few times in a row hoping the lobby had cleared out because the game started (a bad habit I fortunately no longer have, sorry about that!). After that, and completely unprovoked, Soccerfu began telling everyone in the lobby I was a 'coward'. He even made it a point to follow me from solo to teams lobby to further publicly and private message me the same. Needless to say I put the game down for quite a number of weeks after that. Since then I've improved, and even beaten him a few times, while also witnessing him treat some other new players in unhelpful and unsupportive ways. To sum it up....Skilled player; Yes....Good contributor on the forum; Yes....Moderator material; Sorry, but no.

KevinZhu (not sure what name he's using now but I think his two letter code is OP): He literally jumps in and out of the solo lobby demanding that people 'vote!' or 'play!' while also asking high ranked players to meet him in VIP lobby for 1 on 1 (all of which would be OK in moderation but it seems to happen excessively every time he's on and is particularly frustrating for newer players trying to gather themselves before the next game). He also jumps into the VIP teams lobby and takes it upon himself to set maps and modes the bulk of people in the room don't want to play in the split second before the game starts (maybe also OK in moderation but I've seen how upset it makes some of the other players when he does it game after game and they really can't leave because they don't want to lose points and/or leave their teammates hanging). The real problem though is that he often uses the names of other high ranked players (like TPNFRC) and is not always forthcoming that he's not the 'real' one when asked directly. Also a pretty skilled player but does not seem well suited to be a moderator.

On a related note, there are some guys not included in this poll who I think should be nominated including Junior (BN if I recall correctly) and Darkhawk (KC I believe). I see they're included in the other poll so I'll vote for them there and hopefully there will be a way to combine both threads and/or start another thread that narrows the poll down to only those that have all positive feedback from the group.

Thank you also to Seth for creating this incredible game that I’ve shared with many of my family and friends! It’s fun and challenging and I’m happy to see it getting better and better!

silver OO

MEEEEE SILVER id tag OO should be mod YIPEE lalalalalala elmos world

Quote Originally Posted by tankedrox View Post
    Doh, I just signed up and voted for you before seeing this post! Definitely makes sense though and hopefully you'll continue to play as time allows!

Also, FWIW, here are some of my thoughts on a few of the others that have been mentioned to possibly become moderators:

Soccerfu: Within the first few days of playing the game I, like many other noobs, was having a hard time grasping everything. However, it was immediately clear I learned even less when I played in games where high ranked players like Soccerfu typically dominated (especially with Beagles...man did I hate Beagles mode then!). So, I left the lobby anytime Soccerfu was there, sometimes going in and out a few times in a row hoping the lobby had cleared out because the game started (a bad habit I fortunately no longer have, sorry about that!). After that, and completely unprovoked, Soccerfu began telling everyone in the lobby I was a 'coward'. He even made it a point to follow me from solo to teams lobby to further publicly and private message me the same. Needless to say I put the game down for quite a number of weeks after that. Since then I've improved, and even beaten him a few times, while also witnessing him treat some other new players in unhelpful and unsupportive ways. To sum it up....Skilled player; Yes....Good contributor on the forum; Yes....Moderator material; Sorry, but no.
    ok now you guys are making this crap up. I never called you a coward silver and I never will. You must've been there when I called that pink a coward even though I knew he had the skill to fight me. Or were you him? If so I am sorry for saying that. But I only did it to him and that was once. I didn't do it to anyone else!

silver OO

Default not me

ok now you guys are making this crap up. I never called you a coward silver and I never will. You must've been there when I called that pink a coward even though I knew he had the skill to fight me. Or were you him? If so I am sorry for saying that. But I only did it to him and that was once. I didn't do it to anyone else!
    when did you call me a coward never I hardly even see you in the game by the way where is playernew

Lesser Wizard

Default Re: Playernew

Quote Originally Posted by silver OO View Post
    when did you call me a coward never I hardly even see you in the game by the way where is playernew
    Hey, playernew was on last night for quite some time.

And sorry to hear about that TP, but I respect your decision.

Default Really hard decision

TNPFRC would make a really good moderator, but minja would to... so idk

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by AquaWhale View Post
    TNPFRC would make a really good moderator, but minja would to... so idk
    Well, it's multiple choice, and TP dropped out of the race.

After thinking a little while I have decided I do want to persue becoming a moderator.

Lesser Knight

Not making it up one bit and I'm not Silver nor the 'pink' guy you admit to calling a coward. I was green at the time and you called me a coward in public and private messages. It was some months ago so perhaps you don't remember but it happened nonetheless and almost caused me to quit the game entirely.

After thinking a little while I have decided I do want to persue becoming a moderator.
    On that note I'd like to reiterate my comments in post #30 above. At least a half dozen people posting on the forum feel the same and a dozen more that play the game and don't post here would agree.

Also, my suggestion is that if more than one person can post a bad experience with a player who has been nominated to be a mod (or self-declared they want to 'pursue' becoming a mod), and it can be confirmed the people are not just 'shills' setup by the same person, the player in consideration should be out of the running.
    Last edited by tankedrox; 04-21-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Lesser Wizard

But where would you draw the line? What exactly is a "bad experience"? I mean, calling someone a "coward" may be disrespectful, but I don't think it constitutes never letting someone be a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by tankedrox View Post
    Not making it up one bit and I'm not Silver nor the 'pink' guy you admit to calling a coward. I was green at the time and you called me a coward in public and private messages. It was some months ago so perhaps you don't remember but it happened nonetheless and almost caused me to quit the game entirely.
    I have never called a green a coward! Also what was my color at the time and what was the last 2 id codes in my name? I think there has been an imposter running around doing this crap to people. Or you people are just making this crap up. I honestly think it is the second one.