View Poll Results: alliances anyone?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, I would like these ideas to be put into affect.

6 60.00%
  • no I would not like these ideas to be put into affect.

4 40.00%

Thread: Alliances anyone?

Default Alliances anyone?

Hey guys and Seth what about creating alliances with up to say 4 to 9 other people(that's 5 to10 total) and when one of your alliance friends got into a game with you, you two would be on one team and kill all the other people. If one of your alliance members win you will split the winnings or the alliance member who won gets all the points but the second place member or third,etc would loose nothing at all. Also there could be tournaments with special prizes at the end like say up to 1000 coins for each player on the winning team. Those prizes would appear less often. One that would appear a lot would be each team member of the winning team would win a new tank( like the dink tank). There could be say up to 10 to 20 teams that participate in each tournament. And when the tournament time has been set ( I think they should almost always happen on weekends because kids playing this would be sad if they could be there when their team won) it pasts it in the news so each alliance and alliance member will now when their alliance has to fight. They could bring up to 10 people to each of the games but not less that 5 total. If they arrive with less than 5 then they automatically loose and the other team that was supposed to face them would win and go to the next round. Also the prize would be given out to ALL alliance members including the people that weren't online at the time. There could even be a second and third but they would be a lot smaller than the first place prize. When the game starts for the alliance their chat would all go only to their team. If they wanted to chat to everyone they would type /all. Also say there is about 7 people on each team 7 times 4 is 28. So the goal would be 28. When an alliance is nocked out they will (all alliance members) would get kicked out of the alliance tournament rooms or whatever and goes beck to the hub to do whatever they want to. Now back to creating alliances. The alliance creator would have to pay a small fee ( say 100 to 300 coins) to create the alliance so we don't have much alliances with whites as the leader. I have a feeling they would just take up space in tournaments and get destroyed the first round. Also if a player wants to join an alliance they have to get permission( the alliance leader has to bring them into the alliance) and they pay 5 to 10 coins ( still working on this idea not sure if I like it) to the alliance leader to become a part of their alliance. And when a player joins someone's alliance it could show it in the thing with the cp. For example: (points, platform, alliance name). That way anyone who saw a player could see if they are in an alliance. There could also be an alliance treasury( not sure about this idea I would doubt this would be put into affect) so the alliance could upgrade the amount of members they could have or add additional alliance bonuses. Each player could donate to the alliance cash box if they feel like it or have the coins. Also only the alliance leader could activate the alliance bonuses.

I thought I had more but I am blank. Seth please consider these ideas and try to add them if you can after the log-in feature.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Great Ideas! this is getting close to a game a I quit (I won't quit tanked, the other game had MANY other problems)! I would love to have teams.
    I've tested the Beta of Age of Empires Online (AOEO) and Castle Empires.

Lesser Wizard

i think it would be cool to be able to make teams and play as a team. Logistically sound like a nightmare to get games tho...

Lesser Wizard

But some alliances could end up annihilating everyone, and never lose. That's why, when it's random, you get stuck with who you get. You have to learn how to play better. Sometimes, my friends say they won't kill me. I tell them they aren't my friends if they don't kill me, because killing leads to practice, which leads to better skill. Alliances may throw off that dynamic a bit.
    Roses are red. Bacon is also red. Poems are hard. Bacon.

Say you could have a max of 2 of the same colored players in ur alliance. That would stretch things.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    Say you could have a max of 2 of the same colored players in ur alliance. That would stretch things.
    Possibly........Still,I have a bad feeling about it.

Then take that bad feeling and throw it out the window.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    Then take that bad feeling and throw it out the window.
    Eh, I've stated my mind. I'll leave it to Seth to decide. I'll be indifferent to the outcome.

I like alliances, just a matter of finding a good way to do them. It's fun because then you can do a "Ranking by Brigade" or whatever and possibly have a special private room with "brigade only" features.

Something to think about after I fix/add the more pressing things first..

Anyone play my super old BBS game Planets: The Exploration Of Space? It had alliances. Was fun
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Wizard

Default ailiances

i think there should be alliances with people i also think the person with most kills should get extra coins and there should be like 4 teams red blue yellow and greeen

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ducktape View Post
    i think there should be alliances with people i also think the person with most kills should get extra coins and there should be like 4 teams red blue yellow and greeen
    Still, I think awarding the person with the most kills extra coins is silly, because then you run into kill stealing. On teams, the point is to work together to bring down the other team, and trying to one up each other to get extra coins would throw off that dynamic. And if you are talking about solo games, you do get extra coins for the most kills (it's called first place).

More than two teams would run into the same issue.

And I just think alliances would throw off the whole dynamic of the game.

Lesser Wizard

Don't get me wrong: there are lots of people I would like to have on an alliance. I just think that alliances would make the game a little unfair (I mean, how are you going to make friends if you always fight with the same people?).

Quote Originally Posted by bacon1 View Post
    Don't get me wrong: there are lots of people I would like to have on an alliance. I just think that alliances would make the game a little unfair (I mean, how are you going to make friends if you always fight with the same people?).
    True, very true...
    I've tested the Beta of Age of Empires Online (AOEO) and Castle Empires.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I like alliances, just a matter of finding a good way to do them. It's fun because then you can do a "Ranking by Brigade" or whatever and possibly have a special private room with "brigade only" features.

Something to think about after I fix/add the more pressing things first..

Anyone play my super old BBS game Planets: The Exploration Of Space? It had alliances. Was fun
    That's why you should add alliances to tanked to make it even more fun.