Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "TIPS OF THE DAY"

Default "TIPS OF THE DAY"

Hey,

I thought it would be helpful if we came up with some "TIPS OF THE DAY" that Seth could use on the front page. There are a lot of new players joining the game each day who may not know some basic things that we may consider are obvious...so post any tip you can think of. Maybe Seth can start having 2-3 tips showing at once...e.g. 1 tip that is helpful to brand new players e.g. "Press the big red button to shoot" and 1 tip that is helpful to most of us.

Here's a start:

TIP: "You only see a message when someone wins 15 coins or more in the tavern." (This would let players know that when they see the "win" messages, the player who just won could have actually gambled over 100 coins just to get those 3 15-coin wins. Knowing this, players will hopefully stop saying things like "that's not fair...you always win", "what do you do to win", "you have so many coins...can I have some", "you're cheating", etc)

TIP: "You need at least 300 points to gain access to the VIP rooms."

TIP: "You can switch between tanks if you have more than one." (So that players know they don't lose their old tank when they buy a new one).

What are some tips that you can think of?

Here's some tips that I thought of:

tip 1: use /tavern to go to tavern. (or does Seth already have that one? Can't remember)

tip 2: click on "gamble coin" in tavern to gamble a coin.
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Lesser Wizard

"You need 100 career points to turn your name green."

"If you are bad and swear, you will get muted or banned."
    Roses are red. Bacon is also red. Poems are hard. Bacon.

Lesser Wizard

"Beagles destroy an enemy upon contact."

"Use the icons on the right side of the screen during battle to activate a power-up."

"Type /? to learn all of the controls for that area."

Lesser Wizard

"If you hit 'vote to launch', games will start sooner."

Conversely,

"If you don't hit 'vote to launch', more people can enter the lobby and larger games can be formed."

Squire

I think there's a tip thing on the NEWS button "RANDOM TIP" at the bottom

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    I think there's a tip thing on the NEWS button "RANDOM TIP" at the bottom
    That's what Play's referring to. He's saying have these for complete noobs who've never played the game before. So there would be that random news thing that's there, PLUS these tips for noobs.

Noobs are players who have played for a long time but never progressed. Newbs are players who are new to the game. Which one are these tips directed to?
    For anyone who knows me from a long time ago I've started playing again but don't expect me to be as competitive as I once was (just play for fun now).:wheelchair: In Game account: Soccerfu Current points: 90k+

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    Noobs are players who have played for a long time but never progressed. Newbs are players who are new to the game. Which one are these tips directed to?
    I wasn't aware there was a difference. I think these are for brand new players.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfu View Post
    Hey,

I was thinking we should post ALL tips...for new players and also for the regular players. The reason I mentioned there are many new players joining the game was just my way of saying that there is no "stupid" tip...so people should post whatever they can think of. And this was just a suggestion, but maybe if we come up with enough tips, Seth could have 2 or 3 tips showing at the same time on the front page...for example 1 tip could be for the new players and 1 tip could be a general tip for all players.

As far as what you're referring to as a newb vs a noob...I don't know. That's a good point...maybe we could even post tips on how to play better, for example "Circling around another tank while shooting it is a good way to avoid getting hit." I'm sure other players can come up with better ones...

So far, so good.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Play View Post

That's a good point...maybe we could even post tips on how to play better, for example "Circling around another tank while shooting it is a good way to avoid getting hit." I'm sure other players can come up with better ones...
    General tips? How about:

"Never get within 3 crates' distance to the front of a tank, because then you can't reverse away from a beagle fast enough."

"Activate a shield with one or two health left, to trick your foe into thinking you are almost dead."

"Try to predict where your opponent is going. Then fire a beagle into their direction, and they may run right into it!"

"Wait until you are almost dead and then use your health."

"go for the tank that best fits your playstyle. Not the first one you can buy."

Lesser Wizard

In TEAMS...

play as a member of a team, not an individual.

leave a crate for someone who needs it... block a guy getting nailed with your shield... dont cut off team members for a crate, dont cram in the pyramid so your teammate cant back out...

in other words, be smart, think smart, play smart.

Thanks, I'll add some of these...
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tanker View Post
    In TEAMS...

play as a member of a team, not an individual.

leave a crate for someone who needs it... block a guy getting nailed with your shield... dont cut off team members for a crate, dont cram in the pyramid so your teammate cant back out...

And, by George, if your teammate is retreating away from a beagle, don't block him from behind so he dies.

I like the human shield and leaving crates for the weak......don't see nearly enough of that in gameplay. I would like to see more of that type of team effort, though. So a very good tip indeed, my friend.

BE A TEAM PLAYER!!

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bacon1 View Post
    And, by George, if your teammate is retreating away from a beagle, don't block him from behind so he dies.

I like the human shield and leaving crates for the weak......don't see nearly enough of that in gameplay. I would like to see more of that type of team effort, though. So a very good tip indeed, my friend.

BE A TEAM PLAYER!!
    nothing worse than retreating only to be blocked by a teammate..

I guess I finally agree with you on some things bacon

Lesser Wizard

nothing worse than retreating only to be blocked by a teammate..

I guess I finally agree with you on some things bacon
    Ummmm, thanks....? Feels good to be agreed with, I guess (if you want, you can tell me what you don't agree with....but not on this thread. This is a tip thread.).

In TEAMS...

Quote Originally Posted by bacon1 View Post

BE A TEAM PLAYER!!
    I agree...these are very, very good tips while playing team mode.

TIP: "You can practice and play in the Beginners Lobby if you have less than 150 career points."

TIP: "Players are automatically randomized into teams in the Team Lobby before the game starts, so there's no need to manually switch."

TIP: "You can shoot and kill enemies from a distance."
    Last edited by Play; 04-19-2012 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Changed the number, thanks.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Play View Post
    I agree...these are very, very good tips while playing team mode.

TIP: "You can practice and play in the Beginners Lobby if you have less than 100 career points."

TIP: "Players are automatically randomized into teams in the Team Lobby before the game starts, so there's no need to manually switch."

TIP: "You can shoot and kill enemies from a distance."
    I think the beginners lobby is for less than 150 (I could be wrong......it may have changed. But I saw a screenshot here on the forums where a guy with 140 was in there.).

I don't know if the /switch even works or has an effect in he lobby (most functions are non-working.....).

Never would have thought about the shooting tip, though.

"If you can't find anybody, a nice thing to try is firing a beagle into the pyramid. With any luck, it may hit an opponent who won't even hear it coming!"

"If an opponent was moving towards you but then stops, he is either lagging or has a beagle ready to fire. Be careful, each situation is bad for you."

Lesser Wizard

Wink

Hey everyone,
    I think we must revive this thread as it is very usefull

My Tip : try to do solo most as you gain much coins their... And if you are a Mvp then you win extra carrier points

Well I was reading threads and found this usefull thread for all of us so lets donate our tips too and help each other
    Trillionaire