Thread: Hi Seth, Can you upgrade server or move server to US please?

Default Hi Seth, Can you upgrade server or move server to US please?

Hi Seth,

We really appreciate your nice job, talents and contribution to this community.

Recently, the game is really sluggish, and disconnection happens more frequently even in IPAD I heard. It is not the internet problem, I have fastest internet at home. Since most players are in US, does that help if you can move server to US or just upgrade it.

Can you allow us to gamble cp or allow exchange between cp and coins please? We like gamble but run out of coins so fast.

Can you increase the button of fire please? It is too small on iphone. I believe bigger button may attract more players to the game.

Can you allow us to change the tank during the game please if that is possible? I believe it will bring more fun particularly in the team play.

Can you provide more statistics information on website please? for example, the win ratio for past 100 games. I found some top players have either very higher W/L ratio like 0.97 or very low like 0.48. This information is useless since most of us now own new tanks.

Some suggestions come from other players, thank you all and Seth. We really like your games, hope your responses to these suggestion will attract and keep more palyers.

A statistics page would be awesome. But the lags and disconnects are more pressing issues. It's the server that is dropping us.

Seth, is funding an issue for getting a new server? I might just break down and buy some more coins if that's something that is delaying a new dedicated server.
    Watch Me Play Tanked in these Four Videos! (#1 Win 174 Points) (#2 VIP Teams) (#3 Win 527 Points) (#4 Shadow Tank)

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong1 View Post
    Hi Seth,

We really appreciate your nice job, talents and contribution to this community.

Recently, the game is really sluggish, and disconnection happens more frequently even in IPAD I heard. It is not the internet problem, I have fastest internet at home. Since most players are in US, does that help if you can move server to US or just upgrade it.

Can you allow us to gamble cp or allow exchange between cp and coins please? We like gamble but run out of coins so fast.

Can you increase the button of fire please? It is too small on iphone. I believe bigger button may attract more players to the game.

Can you allow us to change the tank during the game please if that is possible? I believe it will bring more fun particularly in the team play.

Can you provide more statistics information on website please? for example, the win ratio for past 100 games. I found some top players have either very higher W/L ratio like 0.97 or very low like 0.48. This information is useless since most of us now own new tanks.

Some suggestions come from other players, thank you all and Seth. We really like your games, hope your responses to these suggestion will attract and keep more palyers.
    If you could exchange coins for points, people would basically be buying their way into the ranks. People would shell out on a couple thousand coins, and then get the points for them, and end up in the world rankings. That wouldn't portray real skill, and would oppress the players who work for it.

I have a Touchpad, so I don't know much about the iPhone button. But I do know that the iPhone is small; if the button gets too big, you won't be able to see the screen.

I don't know if having the server in the country of most use does anything. I would guess that it doesn't matter (but getting a second server, now that might be expensive).

Changing tanks might cause issues. What if people join a game of crate king, and then everybody changes to a Panzer? The people without one will be at a disadvantage they didn't see coming. Even in real combat, people like to know what they are getting into, so they can strategize. And how would the system compensate for the difference in health levels. Let's say a love tank has one health left, and switches with a m3. One shot of health is basically 1/2 of a love tank's health. So would the new tank come in dead, or with half a health? That might confuse the server. And what if the person has every tank? Then they would switch so that they could be good at everything. The point of tank weaknesses is that everyone has something to exploit. Look at this situation: A person sees an m3 really close (too close, so it can't back up), and fires a beagle. Then, BOOM, the m3 is suddenly a love tank, and takes the shock of the beagle. Then the person switches to a skull, and shoots you dead. Tank switching would cause very unfair advantages and wouldn't work. In a real battle, you can't spontaneously change tanks, you need to get out and do it (same thing in MW3, you need to pick up a new gun, not just "change" it by magic).

.....................but stats would be nice.............
    Roses are red. Bacon is also red. Poems are hard. Bacon.

Peasant

Default Lost Connection

I don't know about everyone else, but I hate when I lose connection, and I lose points anyway. I could see if you leave the game, then you should lose points. But I hate getting disconnected and I can't do anything about it

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by usst6 View Post
    I don't know about everyone else, but I hate when I lose connection, and I lose points anyway. I could see if you leave the game, then you should lose points. But I hate getting disconnected and I can't do anything about it
    Yeah, that's a problem we all hate, but it has to stay like that. Let's say everyone who loses connection doesn't lose points. Then, in a team game, the score is 19 to 10. The other team sees it as a lose-lose situation, so they disconnection their connection, or turn off their wireless, or somehting to that effect. They lose connection, but keep the points. And in solo, basically, the winner(s) gets roughly the amount of points lost, so if all the losers leave, then no one will be there to give points, and the winner will get nothing.

So it's an annoying problem that we just have to bite the bullet for.
    Roses are red. Bacon is also red. Poems are hard. Bacon.

Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by bacon1 View Post
    Yeah, that's a problem we all hate, but it has to stay like that. Let's say everyone who loses connection doesn't lose points. Then, in a team game, the score is 19 to 10. The other team sees it as a lose-lose situation, so they disconnection their connection, or turn off their wireless, or somehting to that effect. They lose connection, but keep the points. And in solo, basically, the winner(s) gets roughly the amount of points lost, so if all the losers leave, then no one will be there to give points, and the winner will get nothing.

So it's an annoying problem that we just have to bite the bullet for.
    that is very true

Well, the server is in the US, it is a VPS on servint.com. If you pink rtsoft.com from your desktop, you hopefully are getting a pretty good ping already.

I upgraded the server last week to a more expensive VPS, and basically noticed no difference at all, in fact, I've seen things get less stable...

I think the next step is to buy a totally separate server just for the game.. or a super-powerful dedicated server for everything, one or the other.

I just got hit with some contract work that I have to do for the next few days, which is a bummer because it doesn't look like I'm going to have the new TankID logon system working this month, or be able to migrate to the new server.. but that's the plan for early next month.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Thanks for the update Seth. Now maybe we can try not to bug you over the next few days...
    Watch Me Play Tanked in these Four Videos! (#1 Win 174 Points) (#2 VIP Teams) (#3 Win 527 Points) (#4 Shadow Tank)