Thread: "Kicked for exploiting pause glitch"???

Exclamation "Kicked for exploiting pause glitch"???

Seth,
    I just got kicked off a game for supposedly "exploiting a pause glitch". Problem is, I didn't. I don't even know how to. I frequently have an issue, when lagging is occurring, of a delayed re-spawn. I don't think it's my connection- often other people get dropped during these same lags. Maybe the time needs to be adjusted on the auto-kick. Seems like it was only 5 seconds- maybe 10 or 20 seconds would be better.

Thanks
    Watch Me Play Tanked in these Four Videos! (#1 Win 174 Points) (#2 VIP Teams) (#3 Win 527 Points) (#4 Shadow Tank)

Lesser Knight

Just experienced the same so came here to see if I might not be the only one Only happeneded once but have never seen or heard of it before so I was caught a bit off guard when it happened!

Lesser Wizard

same for me, the system kicked me several times. I didn't do anything wrong, just tried to play.
    it seems that it is somehow related to connection issue, I play over 3G and before being kicked I had strong lags

Lesser Wizard

Hmmmm.......

Maybe the lag is being interpreted in the system as the pause glitch itself. In severe lag I have been able to sit there for a while whilst being "dead".

For those who don't know what the pause glitch is, here you go:

(edited/removed: a public, detailed explanation of how to exploit a glitch may only lead to confusion and/or further exploitation of the glitch if it were to reappear) After I knew Seth did something abou this, I tested it, and it only let you stay paused for five minutes, then brought you back in. I guess this is the next progression of the thing. Basically, don't do it. It's bad for you, and poor sportsmanship.

And if you are having problems with lag, here's an idea..........don't play when there's lag.
    Last edited by Play; 04-28-2012 at 07:09 AM.
    Roses are red. Bacon is also red. Poems are hard. Bacon.

I assumed the pause glitch was something like that, but never tested it. It's good the bug is fixed, but it seems to have created another bug... surely there is a way to tell when the pause button has been pressed, or the timeout should be longer.
    Watch Me Play Tanked in these Four Videos! (#1 Win 174 Points) (#2 VIP Teams) (#3 Win 527 Points) (#4 Shadow Tank)

I am not too computer savy and I don't leave games even I am getting my butt kicked (which is often) but have been dropped/frozen or lost connection about 10 times this week. I just finished a game that everyone was frozen but me. The sound of the weapons would fire but no fireball and I could move freely about the game. I also noticed that the music sounded raspy like the speaker were blown.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ALien BBQ View Post
    I am not too computer savy and I don't leave games even I am getting my butt kicked (which is often) but have been dropped/frozen or lost connection about 10 times this week. I just finished a game that everyone was frozen but me. The sound of the weapons would fire but no fireball and I could move freely about the game. I also noticed that the music sounded raspy like the speaker were blown.
    If everyone is frozen around you, that most likely means you have severe lag, and are about to lose connection. 9 times out of 10, that happens to me, and the next thing I know, I get the "lost connection" message. If you don't get dropped, then all of you shots will fire simultaneously when the game starts moving again, result in a rather loud BOOM. Music could either be the lag, which would slow down everything, inclding music, or the power level on your device. When my Touchpad gets below 50%, I need to keep the sound relatively low, or it sounds like the speakers got shot out.
    Roses are red. Bacon is also red. Poems are hard. Bacon.

Default Banned for suspicious behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Blast07 View Post
    same for me, the system kicked me several times. I didn't do anything wrong, just tried to play.
    it seems that it is somehow related to connection issue, I play over 3G and before being kicked I had strong lags
    Ok here we go again. This kinda happened to me 2. I started to play a team game and was stopped in time. I couldn't fire, move, or talk. Every death was doubled and I couldn't access the pause screen. But instead of getting kicked, I got BANNED. Plz unban me Seth. This is MrBeastly over & out.
    Oh I almost forgot, I get lagg alot too. My Internet is always turning off and on. Oh and sometimes when I'm in the middle of a game, the game just shuts off and leaves me on my iPod's home screen. Wierd