Thread: Scoring inconsistencies??

Default Scoring inconsistencies??

Maybe its just me but I find myself often on the short side of the stick. I will lose and then lose massive points. When I win, players on the losing side who have hundreds or even thousands of more points lose a much smaller percentage of their points. Or if I am the major scorer by far on a losing side composed mainly of new players (or just having a good game) ... I still lose massive points with no recognition of my uneven contribution.

Is the scoring formula posted somewhere?
    Last edited by Seth; 05-07-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jim_chung View Post
    Maybe its just me but I find myself often on the short side of the stick. I will lose and then lose massive points. When I win, players on the losing side who have hundreds or even thousands of more points lose a much smaller percentage of their points. Or if I am the major scorer by far on a losing side composed mainly of new players (or just having a good game) ... I still lose massive points with no recognition of my uneven contribution.

Is the scoring formula posted somewhere?
    Welcome to the forum, Jim. Yes, Seth explained his scoring algorithm in a previous post. We may not all like it, but it is part of the game to win small, but lose big. Here is the discussion of scoring in a solo environment:

http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...hlight=scoring

And here he briefly explains the scoring in a team environment:

http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...hlight=scoring

In general, the losing team in a team game will lose percentages (based on game placement) of the average of the current scores of all losing team members.

Lesser Wizard

But it does seem to bite you in the butt, doesn't it? I remember being green, and playing with three whites (team game). I lost, and lost a lot of points (for a green). Then, right after that, me and a white played two pinks and won, and they lost less points than I had the round before. It stinks, but it just has to be dealt with. Just be cool about it.
    Roses are red. Bacon is also red. Poems are hard. Bacon.