Thread: Question on TouchStripComponent

Lesser Knight

Default Question on TouchStripComponent

How can I stop the component from registering touch when I move my finger outside the boundaries of the parent entity?

Also, if I may ask, how does the "m_pBmpBorderFileName" variable from the rectangle render component work exactly?
    I tried to set a rttex file but it made no difference whatsoever.

Lesser Knight

Bump...........

Hey darkchazz,

I'm not sure about the first question.. you could probably add a input filter to the parent so the child won't get the messages. I use that component for the touch pad usually so it's always on top for me, not in a scrolling menu or anything so I'm not sure.

On the second one, here is how to make a bitmap border rect:

Entity *pQuickToolBG = CreateOverlayRectEntity(pBG, ..size stuff..., DEFAULT_RECT_MIDDLE_COLOR);

//preset up the bitmap we'll use, only have to do this once really
    GetResourceManager()->GetSurfaceAnim("game/gui_box.rttex")->SetupAnimBySize(10,10);

pQuickToolBG->GetComponentByName("RectRender")->GetVar("bmpBorderFileName")->Set("game/gui_box.rttex");

And that should be it. The rect border should now look like those on Growtopia, if you use the attached image.

Name:  gui_box.png
Views: 36
Size:  3.4 KB
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Knight

Hi Seth, thanks for the informative reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I'm not sure about the first question.. you could probably add a input filter to the parent so the child won't get the messages. I use that component for the touch pad usually so it's always on top for me, not in a scrolling menu or anything so I'm not sure.
    I'm not using it in a scrolling menu...
    Actually I use a touchpad as well and I'm having a problem with it: if I press and hold the pad and then move my finger outside the pad without releasing it, the touchpad is still being pressed until I lift my finger.
    Usually I wouldn't care but I have a couple of touchpads each on the opposite side of the screen. Pressing on one then moving my finger to the other messes things up

And about the rectangle border. Turns out I made the mistake of applying the border image to "m_pBmpBorderFileName" instead of "bmpBorderFileName"
    Good example though
    Thanks

Try using TouchHandlerArcadeComponent instead of TouchHandlerComponent in your buttons - this new version fixes a lot of issues.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Knight

Works like a charm!
    problem solved. thanks