Thread: Confused about GUIComponent creation: what does GUITopLevelDescription do when given?

Default Confused about GUIComponent creation: what does GUITopLevelDescription do when given?

If I construct my custom GUIComponent without passing a GUITopLevelDescription to the GUIComponent constructor, the rendered text and filled rectangles are opaque (as I want and as it was before making this a GUIComponent):

Code:
    PerfViewComponent::PerfViewComponent( clan::GUIComponent *parent, const clan::FontDescription *baseFontDesc )
        : clan::GUIComponent( parent )
        , view_( parent->get_canvas(), baseFontDesc )
    {
        set_constant_repaint(true);
        set_geometry( parent->get_display_window().get_viewport() );
        func_render().set(this, &PerfViewComponent::onRender);
    }
    If I construct my custom GUIComponent passing a GUITopLevelDescription to the GUIComponent constructor then the rendered text and filled rectangles have some sort of blending effects (which I don't want).

Code:
    PerfViewComponent::PerfViewComponent( clan::GUIComponent *parent, const clan::FontDescription *baseFontDesc )
        : clan::GUIComponent( parent, clan::GUITopLevelDescription(parent->get_display_window().get_viewport(), false) )
        , view_( parent->get_canvas(), baseFontDesc )
    {
        set_constant_repaint(true);
        func_render().set(this, &PerfViewComponent::onRender);
    }
    Where does this blending effect come from?
    Why would you want to pass a GUITopLevelDescription to the GUIComponent constructor as the clanlib GUICustomComponent example does?

ClanLib Developer

Out of interest, what happens if you change:

Code:
    clan::GUIComponent( parent, clan::GUITopLevelDescription(parent->get_display_window().get_viewport(), false) )
    To...

Code:
    clan::GUIComponent( parent, clan::GUITopLevelDescription(parent->get_display_window().get_viewport(), false), "something_that_is_not_window" )

Quote Originally Posted by rombust View Post
    Out of interest, what happens if you change:
    To...

Code:
    clan::GUIComponent( parent, clan::GUITopLevelDescription(parent->get_display_window().get_viewport(), false), "something_that_is_not_window" )
    I've got the same result as when no string was given: some blending effect during rendering.

I've also tried "toolbar" and "radialmenu" string, it displays the background image of the corresponding css and also causes the blending effect during rendering.

What sort of blending effects are you getting?