Thread: Someone start a new TOURNEY server

Someone should start a new tourney server:

45 Days

30 Turns/Day

The recent server outage screwed a lot of people, and the majority of people are asking for a reset to Day 8 (or a reset overall)...even the #1 ranked player agrees. But these requests are being ignored.

As we all know, starting late (or missing days) in FQ basically puts you out of it. So unless people are willing to wait a month to start over, or play a game they have no chance to win, there's nothing they can do.

I know a lot of people won't check back a month from now and start again, they'll just find other interests. So I'm proposing that someone else start a tourney in the mold of the BBS/ACC one...but with a sysop that actually pays attention and keeps the game fair.

~mike

Lesser Wizard

Wow. You're clearly hopping mad at the outage, I gather. It's just a game. There will be other tourneys, I promise. Outages happen. Seth does his best to keep things running. FQ isn't his top priority. Those that run their own FQ sites also do the best they can to provide this service, often at no charge to you. If your FQ server is charging you money, I can understand your umbrage.

Take a deep clensing breath. mmm. That feels good.

What not set up your own FQ game? It's pretty easy to do.

You could play Legends of the Green Dragon. That's a fun game.

You could program your own game. Or learn to program your own game. Tools are freely available for all platforms to do so.
    It's harder than it looks.

You could read a book. I recomend anything by Lovecraft or Wodehouse. Different genres, same great taste.

Anything beats fuming about an online game.

Anything.

Haha..he said umbrage

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 02 2004,22:15)]Someone should start a new tourney server:

45 Days

30 Turns/Day

The recent server outage screwed a lot of people, and the majority of people are asking for a reset to Day 8 (or a reset overall)...even the #1 ranked player agrees. But these requests are being ignored.

As we all know, starting late (or missing days) in FQ basically puts you out of it. So unless people are willing to wait a month to start over, or play a game they have no chance to win, there's nothing they can do.

I know a lot of people won't check back a month from now and start again, they'll just find other interests. So I'm proposing that someone else start a tourney in the mold of the BBS/ACC one...but with a sysop that actually pays attention and keeps the game fair.

~mike
    Or you could even try playing at beyond the grave where we have Legend of the green Dragon,Alien assault Traders and we even have Funeralquest and dont forget get tiffany..should you get bored with that try out our bbs and play the greatest Dragon game ever Legend Of The Red Dragon..or one of the other 10 door games available on the bbs...all totally free and available 24hrs a day & days a week..more then that I cant offer for free....

Or come on over to my new forums and help me get things started.....lots to do....so little time.....