Thread: Proton and Playbook simulator

Default Proton and Playbook simulator

Hi,

I'll try to compile the RTSimpleApp project to test it in a virtual machine, but I couldn't because the project doesn't generate binaries for the simulator.

I'm using a CentOS linux distribution, and I'm using the 2.1.0 Momentics IDE.

The project works fine in a linux environment, but I can't no run it in a virtual machine.

Do you have any suggest?

Thank's in advance.

You should be able to right click the project and choose Build Configuration->Set Active->SimulatorDebug or similar and have it work, I did use them with the virtual machine simulator ok, although I may have had to fiddle a bit with it. (I think you have to set its IP address somewhere in the IDE or such)

Do the other BB examples work on the sim, like their HelloWorld one?

Disclaimer: I'm still using the V1.X IDE and I'm on Win.. I should upgrade to the latest...
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Hi,

The problem is that some links needs to be updated. Thank's by the way.

I have another problem, I'll try to compile the samples for android, but there's no script files for build an android project from linux.

I download the lasted svn version.

CC

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by 3d_cc View Post
    I have another problem, I'll try to compile the samples for android, but there's no script files for build an android project from linux.

I download the lasted svn version.
    Have you checked this: http://www.rtsoft.com/wiki/doku.php?...id_setup_linux

- If no, then try to follow that first. And if (when) problems occur let's solve those and improve the tools and documentation.
    - If yes, then how far exactly you got?
    Founder, owner and pretty much everything else at
    Second Lion Ltd.

Yes, I follow those steps, but I have an error, so I suspect that some scripts are missing. The error I have is this:

Code:
    dos2unix: convirtiendo archivo AndroidManifest.xml a formato Unix ...
    sending incremental file list

sent 322 bytes  received 13 bytes  670.00 bytes/sec
    total size is 153325  speedup is 457.69
    Buildfile: /home/cecr/proton/proton/RTBareBones/android/build.xml
      [taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource javapp-defs.xml. It could not be found.

preprocess_cpp:

BUILD FAILED
    /home/cecr/proton/proton/RTBareBones/android/build.xml:84: Problem: failed to create task or type javapp
    Cause: The name is undefined.
    Action: Check the spelling.
    Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
    Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

Total time: 1 second
      [taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource javapp-defs.xml. It could not be found.

preprocess:

BUILD FAILED
    /home/cecr/proton/proton/RTBareBones/android/build.xml:78: Problem: failed to create task or type javapp
    Cause: The name is undefined.
    Action: Check the spelling.
    Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
    Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

Total time: 0 seconds
    I am using the ndk-r8

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by 3d_cc View Post
    Yes, I follow those steps, but I have an error, so I suspect that some scripts are missing. The error I have is this:
    Code:
    OK, it seems that I forgot to update some build.xml files for Android when figuring out how to build these in Linux. Only RTLooneyLadders was uptodate which I used for testing :wheelchair:

Now the build.xmls should be correct. Fetch from svn.

There are a few points when one must be careful, especially with RTBareBones.

1. You should NOT use the updateMedia.sh script with RTBareBones. That is kind of explained in some place in the wiki but alas not on the page where I pointed earlier in this thread. You should use androidSyncAssets.sh however.
    2. You need to supply correct parameters to prepareAndroid.sh or otherwise you get build errors later. For RTBareBones you need to give it the -i flag which includes the in-app billing codes (although RTBareBones doesn't have any IAP stuff in it AFAIK - it shouldn't need that stuff).

Hopefully these will get you forward.

<note receiver="self">
    The second point above especially is something where people will stumble. I need to do something about it. Perhaps I need to put similar kinds of build.sh scripts to every project what RTLooneyLadders has...
    </note>
    Founder, owner and pretty much everything else at
    Second Lion Ltd.