Thread: Hackers on tonster

So what's with all the hackers on the tonster server? kali has around 300 hps, ashley4jesus has 110 and a strength of 50. Doesn't the sysadmin give a crap? Is it so full of holes because of all the mods? Have to say, the server is pretty much a joke.

Ok, first of all there are no hackers on tonster. Second, I created the mod on tonster, and it can be found here fqmods.cjb.net.

As for the server having 50 turns and 5 visits, that was tonster's doing, and is not an option in my mod. I think he did it because he wanted his server to be diffrent, and also so people could get the guns and weapons quicker.

If you want to see how a server looks with the di-mart guns mod and options more similar to what a traditional game looks like go look at the server on maddnet.

If you notice a slight diffrence it is because tonster and maddnet are running two diffrent beta versions of the mod.
    Tonster is running 0.30 and maddnet is running 0.20, and the most currrent version is 0.40 whch fixes a few bugs left over from 0.30. Neither one of them has upgraded as of yet.

Wow, I had no idea there was so much contraversy over the server I'm running. I gave 50 turns a day and increased some of the other options because I can, and because myself and a number of friends who I've gotten turned onto the game enjoy it so much they wanted to be able to play more per day. If you don't like it, you're free to visit another server or start one of your own.

I've got 57 active users at the moment, and you're sure to attract some of your own with settings you enjoy. I've got some mods that, if you looked in the store, you would see what they are and how they can help you. I think they bring added competition into the game myself, and once you've played the game for a few weeks, you'll learn them all and be more competitive when the game resets.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rmcnew @ Jan. 13 2004,6:30)]Ok, first of all there are no hackers on tonster. Second, I created the mod on tonster, and it can be found here fqmods.cjb.net.

As for the server having 50 turns and 5 visits, that was tonster's doing, and is not an option in my mod. I think he did it because he wanted his server to be diffrent, and also so people could get the guns and weapons quicker.

If you want to see how a server looks with the di-mart guns mod and options more similar to what a traditional game looks like go look at the server on maddnet.

If you notice a slight diffrence it is because tonster and maddnet are running two diffrent beta versions of the mod.
    Tonster is running 0.30 and maddnet is running 0.20, and the most currrent version is 0.40 whch fixes a few bugs left over from 0.30. Neither one of them has upgraded as of yet.
    Ah. So someone having more strength and hps than could be purchased in the game even if they'd made a gold tag sale on every possible turn isn't a hack? Interesting viewpoint.

50 turns and 5 visits isn't per se a problem. I'm simply curious about what made it hackable. You want to ignore the problem? That's fine by me. I don't play on that server any more.

Riff your're confused.

You CAN purchase 200+ hit points... just buying the Kevlar vest gives you 200 hit points...

And a rile with a scope will give you 45 strength points...

I have no clue what you can get if you buy better guns and armor, since I haven't seen anyone purchase them yet.

So once again, it's not a hack, you just haven't played the DI-Guns mod much, and thus you have no clue

Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 22 2004,7:14)]Ah. So someone having more strength and hps than could be purchased in the game even if they'd made a gold tag sale on every possible turn isn't a hack? Interesting viewpoint.

50 turns and 5 visits isn't per se a problem. I'm simply curious about what made it hackable. You want to ignore the problem? That's fine by me. I don't play on that server any more.
    Riffraff, I think by 529 hitpoints you are speaking of sloppy seconds, who is currently the top player....

He did not get that many hitpoints by using a hack or by bugs in the di-mart guns mod. He apparently saved up a 100 or so gold tags after he bought some swat armour, sold the armor, increased his hitpoints at the university, and then bought the armor back again.

I asked him about this personally when I noticed he had it, and I believe for the simple fact that I remember thinking about that being a way to get extra strength when I was coding.

Unhappy

So how'd this SuperNate guy get 25000 pts in one day when some of the top players usually get around 10000?

Odd...

Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 24 2004,9:29)]So how'd this SuperNate guy get 25000 pts in one day when some of the top players usually get around 10000?

Odd...
    That doesn't sound odd to me at all; infact, that sounds about right for this point in the game..

He probably only got about 15000 - 18000 bury points from buying and selling then attacked the top player five times for an additional 1500 - 2000 bury points per pop... That should come out to about 25000 bury.

I don't understand why you guys are so skepticle about players that are doing well simply because there is a mod that changes some of the game play.

If you guys believe that there are bugs or ways to cheat in the mod and you can logically point it out to me and it is not something I intentionally put into the game I will look into it and correct it. If you don't like my mod that is also ok, you don't have to like my mod.

Talking

Quote[/b] (rmcnew @ Jan. 24 2004,12:21)]
    Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 24 2004,9:29)]So how'd this SuperNate guy get 25000 pts in one day when some of the top players usually get around 10000?

Odd...
    That doesn't sound odd to me at all; infact, that sounds about right for this point in the game..

He probably only got about 15000 - 18000 bury points from buying and selling then attacked the top player five times for an additional 1500 - 2000 bury points per pop... That should come out to about 25000 bury.

I don't understand why you guys are so skepticle about players that are doing well simply because there is a mod that changes some of the game play.

If you guys believe that there are bugs or ways to cheat in the mod and you can logically point it out to me and it is not something I intentionally put into the game I will look into it and correct it. If you don't like my mod that is also ok, you don't have to like my mod.
    15000-18000 bury points from buying and selling stuff? That doesn't sound right. Say you've got the best hearse and get 60 turns per day. To get 15000 out of 60 turns you need to AVERAGE 250 bury points per customer. Is that a realistic number? I don't come close to it, personally. Attacking the top player fives times doesn't guarantee you'll beat him five times, either. Chances are, if you're down 15-20 spots in the rankings from him/her, you'll be lucky to beat him twice.

Strange...

Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 24 2004,10:08)]
    Quote[/b] (rmcnew @ Jan. 24 2004,12:21)]

Odd...

15000-18000 bury points from buying and selling stuff? That doesn't sound right. Say you've got the best hearse and get 60 turns per day. To get 15000 out of 60 turns you need to AVERAGE 250 bury points per customer. Is that a realistic number? I don't come close to it, personally. Attacking the top player fives times doesn't guarantee you'll beat him five times, either. Chances are, if you're down 15-20 spots in the rankings from him/her, you'll be lucky to beat him twice.

Strange...
    I agree, something's rotten, but why let it ruin the game for you?

Well, I'm personally looking into the issue and if indeed I find that there is someone abusing any bugs found in the mod I will do my best to correct it. Does that sound fair to you guys?