View Poll Results: Should the Fatty be weakened slightly?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - all tanks should be interesting to play and currently Fatty is just too strong

    47 47.96%
  • No! Fatty isn't too strong... and I'm not just saying that because I own one!

    51 52.04%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69

Thread: Should the Fatty be made slightly weaker?

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagwan/Noobie View Post
    I agree, 10-15% of speed slowed would be good idea.

    I don't believe everyone is complaining about the fact they bought the fatty, earned it, etc. Obvisously it should be better than the m3, but to be SOO much better... It isn't fair. everyone tries to earn the bigger tanks, because they are better, but the fatty is at the stage where if you own one, you are automatically shot up the ranks. It isn't fair. Be better, but not that much better.

    I preferred the old tanked. Everyone had the same tank. You couldn't buy new tanks, and there were only 2 maps (I think only 2...). Back then, winning was entirely about skill. Now, winning is down, largely, to your tank.
    I like the old tanked too but, I probably wouldn't be purple... Sooooo.
    FOOTBALL Is my favorite game SO DON'T MESS IT UP WITH BOUNTY PROJECTS, STEROIDS, AND STUPID SCANDALS!!!!

  2. #22
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagwan/Noobie View Post
    I agree, 10-15% of speed slowed would be good idea.

    I don't believe everyone is complaining about the fact they bought the fatty, earned it, etc. Obvisously it should be better than the m3, but to be SOO much better... It isn't fair. everyone tries to earn the bigger tanks, because they are better, but the fatty is at the stage where if you own one, you are automatically shot up the ranks. It isn't fair. Be better, but not that much better.

    I preferred the old tanked. Everyone had the same tank. You couldn't buy new tanks, and there were only 2 maps (I think only 2...). Back then, winning was entirely about skill. Now, winning is down, largely, to your tank.
    I agree with this 100%, the game is fast becoming about what tank you drive and not skill !!
    the truth will set you free

  3. #23

    Default

    the existing speed is enough of a nerf to counter its strong points. The point is to be rolling armor. If you place a fatty in town, vs spider or rt in tight space especially in beagles the odds mount strongly against the fatty. Consider the situations. Of course fatty is going to win 1v1 just standing there...that is the point of this tank. It would be like saying if there were tank races the panzer or spider should be slowed down.

  4. #24
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    32

    Default

    IT depends on skill AND Tank.Like a M3,M4,Dink,Spider,Skull,Love Tank vs.fatty.Who's gonna win?Most likely the fatty.Even though you have great skill with a M3 or M4 or any others ,your still gonna lose against the fatty.Ever since people got the fatty,they have been gaining points crazy.I think the fatty should be weaker in damage or armor.
    Just bein' me

  5. #25

    Default

    And what about with the introduction of time battles? 1v1 if you kill a fatty once any other tank is going to be able to run away for 1:30 to win 1:0. By that account what about the reintroduction of crate king? The fatty stands absolutely no chance. I saw someone say that the fatty's are dodging beagles to easily...are you kidding?

  6. #26
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    107

    Default

    lets have an example.....'badboy'.
    before fatty when he had spider 2-5k
    after he got fatty and played with it for a couple weeks....20k!
    the fAtty was good the way before when I tested with it. The speed change just made it be able to dodge beagles easier than it should be. I think it you should change it back to the way it used to be before speed change. It will still dodge beagles just a little more 'skill will be required'. And I'm not saying this because I don't have a fatty! I have been saving for either fatty or rtsoft for a very long time and I can almost get fatty right now but I still think it should be made slower. Plz consider my post Seth.
    Don't Fear. The Beast is Here.

  7. #27
    Lesser Wizard dontshoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    278

    Default

    seth, its right, this poll its somewhat irrelevant to those who have not purchase fatty.
    Please read this as I think it is unbiased.

    first of all, i don't like fatty.. as u may have guessed that, since i emailed you regarding refund 2 days after purchasing it.
    1 is it too strong? YES it is too strong, one on one it is very very strong.
    2 does it need to be made slower? although its not my main tank, and only using it for a few battle these are fatty's weakness:
    - you can actually see a fatty from a far distance, sneak on it without firing and sneak a beagle.
    - how many crates can you actually get from a battle? NOT MANY.. you are lucky if you get 3 in 1 whole game. sometime you only get one.
    - being fired against 2 tanks which fatty gets often, it doesn't stand a chance.
    - this is the reason why i don't like fatty and why it is not to be slowed: the kills! as i said, it is too strong but caping the speed further its not the way to go. and this is the reason all the fattys user are objecting. you just can't get many kills with fatty the way it is.. unless its one on one.

    can you see the point i'm making here seth? it is too strong in 1 vs 1 but on a big game it struggles. the issue here is not the speed but the fire power.
    Perhaps if you want to tweak , not to reduce the speed but the power? eg. reload time/ the actual firing power?

    as i said, i would make this comment unbiased, i would prefer leaving fatty as it is, but if you would tweak the tank, reducing it speed is not the way to go.

    ----------------

    now on a different matter, there are a few of people that gains cp fast.. eg badboy, rufi, god.. one of them is badboy. I have played with badboy for a decent amount of time. and i can testify that he is skilful and "better" at this game than me. i have fought him with various tank, including m3 vs m3. rt vs rt. and i can say that the cp that he got is not just because he have fatty, but he is also better at the game.
    i am not defending him, because i chat with him a lot.. so why the negativity towards him.

  8. #28
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    107

    Default

    there was no negativity towards him I'm confused.
    Don't Fear. The Beast is Here.

  9. #29
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnbreaker View Post
    IT depends on skill AND Tank.Like a M3,M4,Dink,Spider,Skull,Love Tank vs.fatty.Who's gonna win?Most likely the fatty.Even though you have great skill with a M3 or M4 or any others ,your still gonna lose against the fatty.Ever since people got the fatty,they have been gaining points crazy.I think the fatty should be weaker in damage or armor.
    That's actually not true. Fatty actually doesn't have a huge chance in winning when competing with many tanks in a solo game. This is because it's already very slow as it is and no one will come up to the fatty to get killed, making it difficult for it to kill as much as the goal needs.

    Slowing it down even more will make it totally useless because everyone now knows to run away from the fatty and the fatty has no choice but to wait for someone else to come along to kill. Though there aren't many victims that actually go head-to-head against the fatty. This occurs mostly in big maps (Arena, Egypt, Town) and the fatty definitely struggles in those games.

    Yes, in 1v1, the fatty has a huge advantage, but not many high-ranks are willing to 1v1 a fatty. Some high ranks are very clever and change the map to crate king or hardcore, leaving the fatty vulnerable. In hardcore, the fatty only picks up 1 box while its opponent has already picked up three. Even with the fatty's power, there is no way the fatty will win that game. In crate king, the fatty will obviously lose, no need to explain there.

    Since the fatty's player doesn't want their CP to go down, the owner decides to play beagles with 3-8 players. Even if it's the fatty's "mode", everyone runs away from the fatty and few actually encounter the fatty. This is truly sad for the fatty since it can't chase anyone, not even a M3.

    If you slowed it down, it would be so heart-breaking when you find out that your hard-earned 3,000 coins tank is basically useless.

  10. #30
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagwan/Noobie View Post
    I agree, 10-15% of speed slowed would be good idea.

    I don't believe everyone is complaining about the fact they bought the fatty, earned it, etc. Obvisously it should be better than the m3, but to be SOO much better... It isn't fair. everyone tries to earn the bigger tanks, because they are better, but the fatty is at the stage where if you own one, you are automatically shot up the ranks. It isn't fair. Be better, but not that much better.

    I preferred the old tanked. Everyone had the same tank. You couldn't buy new tanks, and there were only 2 maps (I think only 2...). Back then, winning was entirely about skill. Now, winning is down, largely, to your tank.
    I totally agree with you. The old Tanked days were so much better. There is way too much conflict now. The only conflict before was probably which players are causing problems in the game. Now? We're arguing about the tanks' strengths, This game is not about skill anymore. There's too much of a diversity now. Even if we argue about the tanks so much, it's NEVER gonna please anyone. There will always be people that think that, and others that think the opposite.

    I hope Seth will create some kind of room, so that people with the same tanks can play one another and people that like diversity can battle different tanks.

  11. #31
    Lesser Wizard AquaWhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Boston VA
    Posts
    139

    Default Yes

    Yes, the fatty is disproportionately strong compared to the other tanks in the game, especially RTsoft. The Fatty deserves a 15 percent decrease in speed like my bro said, (BTW dude, I won the dink, and FireSudS1C used to be my AquaWhale WR account but anyways it doesn't matter ) and the RTsoft needs a little enhancement, in reload maybe? Really, 40 bucks should buy something a little more powerful. Btw I own the Fatty, and this is my uninfluenced opinion.

    Its your game Seth, and you can do whatever seems fit to you. happy choosing
    No Matter How Many Fish Are In The Sea, IT WILL BE SO EMPTY WITHOUT ME!

  12. #32

    Default Yes, I'm agree

    Hi

    Yes, I'm agree to make Fatty slightly weaker. It is too strong and Fatty can beat Rtsoft easily.

    When people have a Fatty, they make teams unfair ... (In Vip Team)


    One other point, the prize between Fatty and Rtsoft, why Rtsoft is so expensive for a little power ?? (Comparison between Spider and Rtsoft)

    I disagree with the prize of Rtsoft for its power ... I suggested to change the prize of Rtsoft(less expensive or improve its ability.)

  13. #33
    Administrator Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    One other point, the prize between Fatty and Rtsoft, why Rtsoft is so expensive for a little power ?? (Comparison between Spider and Rtsoft)
    My prices aren't directly related to the power or value of the tank, but also serve to increase rarity if the item. The RTSoft tank is sort of a trophy for people who have made a large donation to Tanked. (which I really appreciate!)
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

  14. #34
    Lesser Wizard ALien BBQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Roswell, NM
    Posts
    134

    Default

    I would leave it alone and fix the Rt. Right now a Skull can kill it but an Rt has a hard time. The bottom line is people pay for a performance and none should be lessened after purchase. Imagine if you bought a camero and Chevy told you you they had changed out the engine to a 4 cyl during the last oil change. This is the whole idea behind research before you release a product. Leave the fatty alone and restore the Rt is the only fair and equitable thing to do.

  15. #35
    Lesser Wizard ALien BBQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Roswell, NM
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My prices aren't directly related to the power or value of the tank, but also serve to increase rarity if the item. The RTSoft tank is sort of a trophy for people who have made a large donation to Tanked. (which I really appreciate!)
    Then it should be explained that way. Right now the perception is that the Rt is the best..... So it cost more. If you said,hey thanks for your donation, here's a tank that is rare but not as good as others, but is has my cool logo on the side, I feel you would have a whole lot fewer Rt's.

  16. #36
    Lesser Wizard Nicolas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    155

    Lightbulb Mixed feelings...

    Okay, so I voted for yes, it should be made weaker. My thoughts:

    Yes: it is too powerful. You should lower the speed, no matter how slow it is already.
    That way, it will be less of a force against an rtsoft, but still worth 3000 coins!

    No: you need to keep the fatty as it is. The point of it costing 3000 is that it is AWESOME.
    You bought/worked hard to get it, so you deserve an amazing tank.

    That's how I feel. Please reply. You can object.
    Why can't I do anything?

    Tanked is fun. World of Tanks too. I hate cliffs. Why?


    Oh yeah. Say .. if you think I suck.

  17. #37
    Administrator Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    Ok, I think the easiest fix is to slow down the fatty, after reading the discussion here, maybe not the 20% I was thinking but try just 10%.

    I would leave it alone and fix the Rt. Right now a Skull can kill it but an Rt has a hard time. The bottom line is people pay for a performance and none should be lessened after purchase. Imagine if you bought a camero and Chevy told you you they had changed out the engine to a 4 cyl during the last oil change. This is the whole idea behind research before you release a product. Leave the fatty alone and restore the Rt is the only fair and equitable thing to do.
    Not a fair comparison, because buying a virtual tank in a multiplayer game isn't the same as buying a real car for personal use. I would probably make more $$ by making the more expensive tanks much stronger, but I don't want this game to be pay to win, just "optionally support for a slight advantage".

    We did research and test but but we ain't perfect and need to be able to fix stuff that is broken. I'm also planning a mod to the love tank so a heal will fully heal it, instead of only half. Balance is constant and on-going, and I do my best not to "nerf" anything but I do reserve the rights to tweak stats to make the game more fun for the majority of players, while trying not to screw anyone. For instance, I'll never have a $5 RTsoft Tank weekend, as it would be a slap in the face to everyone who has bought that tank, as the rarity is part of the value.

    Will a 10% speed decrease ruin the fatty? Nah, it will still be one of the best tanks, if played right.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dontshoot View Post
    seth, its right, this poll its somewhat irrelevant to those who have not purchase fatty.
    Please read this as I think it is unbiased.

    first of all, i don't like fatty.. as u may have guessed that, since i emailed you regarding refund 2 days after purchasing it.
    1 is it too strong? YES it is too strong, one on one it is very very strong.
    2 does it need to be made slower? although its not my main tank, and only using it for a few battle these are fatty's weakness:
    - you can actually see a fatty from a far distance, sneak on it without firing and sneak a beagle.
    - how many crates can you actually get from a battle? NOT MANY.. you are lucky if you get 3 in 1 whole game. sometime you only get one.
    - being fired against 2 tanks which fatty gets often, it doesn't stand a chance.
    - this is the reason why i don't like fatty and why it is not to be slowed: the kills! as i said, it is too strong but caping the speed further its not the way to go. and this is the reason all the fattys user are objecting. you just can't get many kills with fatty the way it is.. unless its one on one.

    can you see the point i'm making here seth? it is too strong in 1 vs 1 but on a big game it struggles. the issue here is not the speed but the fire power.
    Perhaps if you want to tweak , not to reduce the speed but the power? eg. reload time/ the actual firing power?

    as i said, i would make this comment unbiased, i would prefer leaving fatty as it is, but if you would tweak the tank, reducing it speed is not the way to go.

    ----------------

    now on a different matter, there are a few of people that gains cp fast.. eg badboy, rufi, god.. one of them is badboy. I have played with badboy for a decent amount of time. and i can testify that he is skilful and "better" at this game than me. i have fought him with various tank, including m3 vs m3. rt vs rt. and i can say that the cp that he got is not just because he have fatty, but he is also better at the game.
    i am not defending him, because i chat with him a lot.. so why the negativity towards him.
    ruffi doesn't have fatty... he has rtsoft.
    Badaim im not billybobjoe anymore. my sister is.

  19. #39
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Fatty shouldn't have a decrease in but armor it should have the same armor as Rtsoft so tanks actually have a chance against it. Think skull will have a chance rtsoft will have a bigger one m4 might not m3 might spider might
    King of the Skulls

    -Retired

  20. #40

    Talking fatty

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I'd like to make the Fatty move 20% slower. I believe it's currently over-powered, because its "weak point" (speed) isn't weak enough to balance out its good points. (Power+armor)

    What do you think?
    Never because if it is slower it won't be the fatty and for some reason the on the tanked main menu it says 'is the fatty too STRONG' so which one is it strong or speed

    which ever one it is I think it should stay exactly how it is

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 12:26 PM
  2. GUI initialization made easier
    By sphair in forum Official ClanLib SDK Forums
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 03:05 PM
  3. MTV's MADE
    By mrbrown in forum RTsoft Tavern
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 07:57 AM
  4. Who made the music?
    By in forum Dink Smallwood HD
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 07:12 PM
  5. have you ever made, or attempted to make a dmod?
    By rabidwolf9 in forum Dink Smallwood HD
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 02:05 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •