View Poll Results: Should the Fatty be weakened slightly?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - all tanks should be interesting to play and currently Fatty is just too strong

47 47.96%
  • No! Fatty isn't too strong... and I'm not just saying that because I own one!

51 52.04%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should the Fatty be made slightly weaker?

Default yes it should

hi

I think its unfair that the fatty is so strong. But I do agree with everyone who says that they own it and they don't want it to be weakened. I understand it is slow make it faster what do I care? I just want u to know that is would like you to either weaken damage,armour or reload.

And get more people to play not stay in the tavern I want to play not chat!

panzer

imsocool3184

Master Sorcerer

the fatty isn't to strong. Learn how to use your tank and you can beat different tank on different modes or maps. I have been beat by a person who drives a Panzer on beagles. He is skilled in his tank, all you need to do is learn to use a tank and you can be unstoppable.

Lesser Wizard

i think the damage and fire rate should be brought down
    Boo.

Exclamation I voted no and I don't own one...

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous1 View Post
    Seth,

This poll is totally unfair for people that own a fatty because people that don't have fatty will say yes. There are fewer people that don't own a fatty than owning one. Of course people without a fatty would want a slower tank because they did not pay 3,000 coins for it and would love it to be weakened.

If I complained about the RT being too strong then many people will agree with me. Then would you weaken it? People are just agreeing because they don't OWN a RT. Just like in this case, people that don't own a fatty will say it should be weakened. THEY HAVE NOT "WALKED A MILE IN ITS SHOES" OR IN THIS CASE, "PLAYED A GAME IN ITS TANK".

People that actually own a fatty have experience and will tell you that the fatty is already too slow and slowing it more would just make it useless, like some people have already mentioned.

Therefore, I don't think that fatty should be messed with or weakened because it is already weak enough (speed-wise).

Like some people said, the fatty owner PAID 3,000 coins for it. THE FATTY DESERVES TO BE CALLED THE 2ND BEST TANK.
    no, I'm very tempted to vote no on this one, at first I was going to say yes cuz they always crush my skull with one shot, but then I thought I was being selfish, I'm pretty sure I'm going with no on this...
    "Please don't judge me, and I won't judge you, 'cause it could get ugly, before it gets beautiful, Please don't judge me, and I won't judge you, and if you love me, then let it be beautiful,"
    -Chris Brown
    #TeamBreezy<3

Lesser Knight

Angry Fatty is way too strong :|

I think that the Fatty should be made a LOT slower cause it really isn't that slow right now and can still dodge beagles when they are are shot at them

Lesser Knight

Yes but not the speed.The speed is already slow enough.Maybe the Armor or Damage?
    Just bein' me

Quote Originally Posted by billy bob joe View Post
    ruffi doesn't have fatty... he has rtsoft.
    no i didn't say he/she have fatty, i was saying they gained cp fast
    my point was although badboy gained cp fast, it is not because of fatty, but because he himself is a skilful player
    and those people i mentioned are also skilled

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Ok, I think the easiest fix is to slow down the fatty, after reading the discussion here, maybe not the 20% I was thinking but try just 10%.

Not a fair comparison, because buying a virtual tank in a multiplayer game isn't the same as buying a real car for personal use. I would probably make more $$ by making the more expensive tanks much stronger, but I don't want this game to be pay to win, just "optionally support for a slight advantage".

We did research and test but but we ain't perfect and need to be able to fix stuff that is broken. I'm also planning a mod to the love tank so a heal will fully heal it, instead of only half. Balance is constant and on-going, and I do my best not to "nerf" anything but I do reserve the rights to tweak stats to make the game more fun for the majority of players, while trying not to screw anyone. For instance, I'll never have a $5 RTsoft Tank weekend, as it would be a slap in the face to everyone who has bought that tank, as the rarity is part of the value.

Will a 10% speed decrease ruin the fatty? Nah, it will still be one of the best tanks, if played right.

Seth,
    Don't get me wrong, it is your business and I believe you should run it as you see fit. My only comment is on perception, money is money and $40... I spend that much on lunch, however... to some players $40 is the equivalent to buying that flashy new sports car. It has nothing to do with how you feel about the process, it has everything to do about how your customers feel about feel about the process. I consult with companies everyday on products, placement, and customer perceptions. You have a particularly tough client base because you cater to 40 year old adults as well as 10 year old adolescents. To make it doubly tough, you have to deal with many different different cultures that range from the govt. is responsible to give you everything; to get up off of your lazy bottom and go out and work. All I want you to consider is how your customer base perceives the different levels of tanks (products) and how they effect the game. I play for the fun of it, and use the matches as a distraction to help me think about other things. However.... I still like winning! Oyasuminasai

Default Fairness to those who purchased the Fatty

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I'd like to make the Fatty move 20% slower. I believe it's currently over-powered, because its "weak point" (speed) isn't weak enough to balance out its good points. (Power+armor)

What do you think?
    I think it would be an unwise move for the Game Designers to weaken any purchased vehicle.

If you do this, you will become the next Netflix. They made the mistake of thinking they had a loyal user base who would stick with them through any price raise. Netflix guessed wrong.

Don't make the same mistake as Netflix. You have loyal users who have already purchased this vehicle. Honor their effort by either leaving the tank the same, or if you nerf it, refunding a significant portion of their purchase price.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by De3k View Post
    I think it would be an unwise move for the Game Designers to weaken any purchased vehicle.

If you do this, you will become the next Netflix. They made the mistake of thinking they had a loyal user base who would stick with them through any price raise. Netflix guessed wrong.

Don't make the same mistake as Netflix. You have loyal users who have already purchased this vehicle. Honor their effort by either leaving the tank the same, or if you nerf it, refunding a significant portion of their purchase price.
    if you read the rules it clearly states that tank stats are subject to change.

many other tanks have been weakened after their release including the m4 Sherman and the much more expensive rtsoft tank. Even the love tank had changes made to it among others.

the game is ever evolving but if the fatty is indeed too strong then wouldn't that run people off away from the game too? Nobody likes being bullied or losing all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by badboy View Post
    I agree with god the fatty shouldn't be messed with, you could fix the reload speed on rt slightly, then it will be even out.
    lol I agree with god

Exclamation

IF you guys slow down the Fatty IT WONT MOVE. You should just fix the RTs reload speed a lil bit but the Fatty is fine. It is the second best tank and it should stay the way it is. I hope you pick the wise decision here. I own a Fatty myself and admit it I love it and it got me to the rank im at now. I think people with the RT should stop hating on the Fatty.

Thanks
    Forget the glass slippers this princess wears cleats.

Quote Originally Posted by badboy View Post
    the fatty isn't to strong. Learn how to use your tank and you can beat different tank on different modes or maps. I have been beat by a person who drives a Panzer on beagles. He is skilled in his tank, all you need to do is learn to use a tank and you can be unstoppable.
    By the way I AGREE 100% ON THIS!!

Quote Originally Posted by dagirl View Post
    IF you guys slow down the Fatty IT WONT MOVE. You should just fix the RTs reload speed a lil bit but the Fatty is fine. It is the second best tank and it should stay the way it is. I hope you pick the wise decision here. I own a Fatty myself and admit it I love it and it got me to the rank im at now. I think people with the RT should stop hating on the Fatty.

Thanks
    Well, that's it in a nutshull. The Fatty helped you get your rank (I'm sure you're skilled, but the Fatty imbalance probably didn't hurt) , but by just making the RT stronger I'd be saying: "You must purchase a Fatty or RT if you want to be competitive in solo matches", because that's the same as weakening ALL the tanks instead of just one.

Don't worry, Fatty will still be a great tank. If it isn't still VERY competitive, I'll fix it. (this happened with the M4, which was over-powered, then under powered, then "just right (?)")

The stats in tank store show the Fatty is slower than it is right now, so really that will become more correct, it wasn't misrepresented.

Anyway, the voting is showing about half are pro and half are against (40/43 right now), (I have people sending me private email that Fatty has ruined the game, ect) so to me that looks like I'll have around the same size angry mob by doing nothing or by adjusting, so I'll go with the adjust as I'm pretty sure that is the "Correct" thing to do.

Appreciate all the input from everyone!
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by De3k View Post

Well, I just can't guarantee that tank stats won't change, and I don't want to set the precedent that I have to refund/beg users each time I make an adjustment. Similarly, I'm not going to remove -500 coins from people when I adjust their favorite tank to be stronger.

Maybe some players will leave the game over it (I hope not! ) but I think the majority will understand, I mean, it's a VERY minor tweak...
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Wizard

sure, as I am ready to buy one. Figures... Same bs as the rtsoft...
    let people buy em, then take power away, sounds like another scam.,whatever...

I say just make the rtsoft better.. Its bullxhiiiit you take away powers after people pay for them...that is so shady....you need to do introductory pricing so you don't keep pissing everyone off.. Who am I anyhow it's your game...

hi Seth, i saw the update of 10% slower but full health on item, that is good way to balance it out.
    I just want to say that i appreciate the work you have done for the game. Hope all criticism/ angry mob don't let you down, keep up the good work

Talking

I think Seth has a point and I agree.

Yaknow what, I think the fatty is a joke! I can't outrun beagles at least in places like the pyramid or the little trenches in circle and arena! So I'd be cool with weakened firepower but now I am limited to mine mania or beagles in only hedge maze unless I'm playin a noob (no offense) oh and the health replenisher doesn't help. I was cool with being healed 3/4 of the way. And even now, I'm probably gonna switch back to my skull cuz even that is better than fatty really. Unless ur in hedge maze or an open map. Cuz all u gotta do is sneak up on it.
    FOOTBALL Is my favorite game SO DON'T MESS IT UP WITH BOUNTY PROJECTS, STEROIDS, AND STUPID SCANDALS!!!!

Lesser Wizard

I believe that the nerf was a good thing. Now the fatty's weak point (speed) is now an actual weak point. Before the fatty wasn't even slow, and it was quite over powered. But think about this, now a fatty is fully healed from 1 health, so it might be better now.
    The capital of moo town is 3 doors down from the square root of 36 +2 camels means you have exactly 3.5 fish