Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daisypark

Just trying to figure out what the deal is with the clock on DP. The days are like 30 hours long.

Lesser Wizard

Yes. The clock is slow. So times, I've had to "goose it." Such is the life of a Virtual Machine.

OK. Thanks for responding so quickly.

Sorry for picking on you ee

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jjohn @ July 07 2003,11:02)]Yes. The clock is slow. So times, I've had to "goose it." Such is the life of a Virtual Machine.
    It's been ages since I used VMware, but isn't there an option to link the VM's clock to the real system clock and avoid the drift?

Lesser Wizard

Quote[/b] (Tuttle @ July 11 2003,8:31)]It's been ages since I used VMware, but isn't there an option to link the VM's clock to the real system clock and avoid the drift?
    I haven't seen that option on my version (3.x).  I don't want to run a real windows box.  VM works well enough, although the win98 VM is probably less than ideal.  Perhaps I'll create a win2K VM for the next release of FQ.

I was away this last week.  It appears FQ crashed at some point.  I had to "soft boot" the machine.  It will be available soon.

It's on the Other tab of VMWare Tools.
    http://www.vmware.com/support/ws3/do...wguesta12.html

Lesser Wizard

Quote[/b] (Tuttle @ July 18 2003,5:33)]It's on the Other tab of VMWare Tools.
    http://www.vmware.com/support/ws3/do...wguesta12.html
    Ah! That's probably why I missed it. Let the synching begin!

Just wanted to say that the 30 day tourney seems like a fantastic idea for Daisypark. It will be my first attempt at a 30 day tourney. Also gotta compliment you on the implementation of the "Father from the church" giving players a referral. Thats a great idea for helping parity imho.
    yee haw.
    Outsider

Lesser Wizard

Quote[/b] (outsider @ Oct. 26 2003,9:32)]Just wanted to say that the 30 day tourney seems like a fantastic idea for Daisypark. It will be my first attempt at a 30 day tourney. Also gotta compliment you on the implementation of the "Father from the church" giving players a referral. Thats a great idea for helping parity imho.
    yee haw.
    Outsider

30 day tourneyments are the default. I like having short "sprints" of 14 days because that's not too much of a time commitment for most and new players can join the game readily. In 30 day tourneys, you need to join the game within the first few days or you'll have little hope of doing well.

I'm happy you like the free turns. It does help to randomize the outcomes of tourneys. I was working on creating an advertising feature that players could buy to increase their turns. Perhaps I'll finish it off some day.

Lesser Wizard

Thumbs up

Howdy.

Daisypark is down for a bit.  It appears that the whole VM crashed (not just FQ which does happen from time to time).  This hasn't happened before today and oddly, today was also the first time I was asked to intervene in a player feud.  Now, it would be quite a leap to suggest that someone DOS'ed my very humble Win98 server because I asked them them to stop behaving like an ass on my system.  It would take a very dark mind indeed to believe that any user of a freely provided online game would feel the need to break said system to "get even." If I thought that was the case, I'd be really angry and sad.

Instead, I like to think happy thoughts! So I'll assume that the crash is purely coincidental and enjoy all the moments I spend on this Sunday night patching a stupid Win98 box so that it won't be "crashed" again.  Because that's a much better use of my time than creating new FQ mods.

Onward and upward.

Lesser Wizard

Red face

A few notes about Daisypark. First is that there is a forum for discussing daisypark-related issues:

Aliens, Aliens, Aliens BBS

The second note is that due to some sloppy programming, the mod_weapons add-on fails to reduce the players back to their original HP/Strength when the items have worn out. I have corrected this problem in the latest archive:

mod_weapons.zip

Lesser Wizard

FQ on Daisypark is likely to be down this weekend until Monday. I won't have physical access to the machine to reboot it until then.

Sorry for the inconvenience.