Thread: New idea...

ok so this could be good it could be bad but making a suggestion never hurt. i hope. now how do i word this...

There could be an option for running an advertisment for the day. were you pay (what ever amount) to run (ad a. b. or c.) depending on the cost an such. and then depending on the ad run you get + # of turns for the day. (for obviouse reasons) this option can only be used once a day)

Lesser Wizard

It sounded like a neat idea... but then everyone would just run advertisements everyday if they were worth it (if the person got back more than what they spent on the advertisement), or not run them at all if they didn't get back their initial investment.

But, I could see a way how it could work... make it run like the Arson Twins event, so you couldn't depend on it everyday, but it would show up once in a while for people.

ahh but you see because of the randomness of how much you can get a turn. you could run an ad one day and make a lot and get a bit more back than you paid for the ad. or the next day you get get a whole bunch of pissed off people and not get verry much at all. you just gota find out were the even points are for cost and amount of turns tyou get.

But running it like the arson event is a good idea to.

I plan to add something like this soon.  

The nice thing is I can do it completely by script.. although I still need to add one more scripting hook for when the player logs on for the first time that day to make it cleaner...

Also a per-player maint scripting hook...
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies