Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: People(s) discriminating gays..

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    Just as a reminder, the opposite is true as well. Many scientists "deconvert" after learning knowledge about the Universe's origins and biologists find that their views on evolution contrast too differently from their previous religion.

Keep me posted

Ah I see. Just a reminder, you are not allowed to eat any animals that has splits toes and chew cud according to Leviticus 11:4-7. Also differing to my examples, they are just that, stuff you can't do according to the Old/New...Explanations
    Flower garden=multiple seed types=not allowed Leviticus 19:19
    Cheeseburgers=Cooking kid in mother's milk=not allowed Exodus 23:19
    etc...
    I was just pointing out that is hypocritical to point and choose parts of the bible to accept.
    1. You are too smart...
    2. It is my choice to believe and what I choose to. I consider myself a christian because I can't be considered anything else, even though I do not believe all of the bible.
    3. What exactly is "Cooking kid in mothers's milk"?

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Reballoo View Post
    Well my theory (kinda makes sense when you think of it), is that we are all believing in the exact same god, except each of our religions has a different rule set, and we all see him differently. If so, since we all believe in him, we will go to heaven/ do whatever your religion says. If you are an atheist, i really do not know. I like to think that if we live our lives believing in a god, and thinking that their is a life after death instead of just thinking that everything is over, will help you live a happier life now. You will not think about just ending everything, but you will. Think your life will go on forever, and you can spend it with the people you love. Even if their is no god or afterlife, you will have lived your life thinking that you will be with the people you loved forever, and when you die, you will not be there to think "my life was a lie", and you will have lived a much happier life. I kinda think life as an atheist would be depressing at times... But I am not an atheist so I wouldn't know.
    So in the case of Hinduism you are achieving dharma (role in life)
    Buddhist has no god(s) just self-enlightenment
    Atheism, well obvious
    Nature mysticism, various gods relating to nature
    Ancestor worship such as Aborigines where you ancestors represent prototypes.
    ...and various other religions with multiple gods or no God.
    ...and my opinion is that mankind doesn't need promises of a better place, and that we have the ability to do as we speak while maintaining a high quality of life. I can see your view that life as an atheist seems depressing, but on the whole I find that without a personal God, one does not have to rely on anyone else, nor can blame anyone else. In a failure, if God does not deliver, does one not feel more depressed than if they instead immediate worked to change? On deathbed, do the promises of a better land make up for lapses in His benevolence?
    What about god making everything in seven days? And how does life form from a bang... But then again, how does life form from a poof... And how long has god been sitting nowhere being bored till he decided to make everything? And how did god come to be? And how did god make the universe unlimited? Anybody got answers? Cause these have been bothering me for a while, and ASAP science will not answer them... Lol
    Well, seven days depends on if you take the Bible literally or metaphorically. Are you Young Earth or Old Earth? Is each day literally one day or is each day millions of years? No one knows the answers to those questions, one can only ponder for eternity.
    Jeeze this thread is changing subjects a lot. Now we are talking about science. I would rather talk about religion... I remember back in the old days when race, and sexual preference were part of this topic...
    These subjects are so interrelated, I'm not surprised at all.

Edits!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennanber View Post
    Actually I was also including some biologist evolution theorists aswell. Ill find some links to one of the scientists who wrote an auto biography with it later.
    Also, I am Christian but I take the bible metaphorically, what you are saying is for religious extremist who believe every letter is 100% historically accurate.
    Yes I understand. I am just pointing out that for every anecdote about a conversion, there is one for the opposite. It still doesn't change the fact that a majority of biologists are atheists. As to the second point, yeah, I know. Those were directed to fellow Reballoo.
    1. You are too smart...
    2. It is my choice to believe and what I choose to. I consider myself a christian because I can't be considered anything else, even though I do not believe all of the bible.
    3. What exactly is "Cooking kid in mothers's milk"?
    Ah I see, I just don't understand why people use the Bible as an excuse to hate gays or call them out while other things are ignored. By that logic, the excuse is invalid. Who is to choose which parts are worthy of keep or discard?
    Cooking kid in mother's milk. You have the meat from the cow, and are cooking it with cheese, which is made of a cow's milk. So you are cooking the kid (meat) with the milk (cheese).
    Join the one line signature group... People with the gigantic signatures will be terminated!

Yankee, you remind me of someone else I talked to on the forums only we were talking about politics. I have a hunch that you are him. But I could be misguided, if not you are very similar to him.

Keep me posted
    Okay this is what I found.
    "The line between being unable to believe and being unwilling to believe is not clear. The attitude that simply dismisses faith as unimportant, without having examined it more closely, is often worse than considered".
    That's what I've found so far when it comes to atheism. And this is what I found on homosexuality. Basically to sum it up, the church accepts people who experience homosexual feelings and does not discriminate but does not condone acting out on it and "all homosexual relations in any form are contrary to the order of creation".

I'll try and find more, especially about atheism and other religions. Also, thanks for keeping and open mind and having a good discussion Yankee.
    Sticking it to the man

Someone should rename this thread to "Scientific and Religous Debate".
    Watermelons...

Click below pls

This last one is from one of my favourite game series! That game series is Mother. Yeah!
    This is my pet Drago.

I think gay/lesbian should not be made fun of

because that was the way they were born..

they cannon change it..

i have a friend that is gay. he told me that he didn't want to be gay. he wanted to like girls

he was sad, but he had to face the truth ..

their feelings get hurt if people make fun of them. its not their choice.

just speaking my opinion!!

Quote Originally Posted by optimuswhat View Post
    Someone should rename this thread to "Scientific and Religous Debate".
    It's honestly a really good discussion though, even though it went off the original topic.
    Sticking it to the man

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Brennanber View Post
    Yankee, you remind me of someone else I talked to on the forums only we were talking about politics. I have a hunch that you are him. But I could be misguided, if not you are very similar to him.
    Care to tell publicly or just PM? I don't recall any politics on other accounts, but perhaps you could jog my memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
    Okay this is what I found.
    "The line between being unable to believe and being unwilling to believe is not clear. The attitude that simply dismisses faith as unimportant, without having examined it more closely, is often worse than considered".
    That's what I've found so far when it comes to atheism. And this is what I found on homosexuality. Basically to sum it up, the church accepts people who experience homosexual feelings and does not discriminate but does not condone acting out on it and "all homosexual relations in any form are contrary to the order of creation".

I'll try and find more, especially about atheism and other religions. Also, thanks for keeping and open mind and having a good discussion Yankee.
    So for the quote, if I were to say that I have examined religion, but dismiss it because it contradicts my central beliefs and perceptions, it that better then? I know you're still researching, but how does it all fit in the grand scheme? Would I still go to Heaven? Would I go to Hell for expressing my own beliefs?
    So for homosexuality, it's okay to have feelings, just don't act on it? How does that opinion fit in with established facts that numerous animals have individuals who are homosexual and it serves as a rudimentary population control?
    Join the one line signature group... People with the gigantic signatures will be terminated!

So in the case of Hinduism you are achieving dharma (role in life)
    Buddhist has no god(s) just self-enlightenment
    Atheism, well obvious
    Nature mysticism, various gods relating to nature
    Ancestor worship such as Aborigines where you ancestors represent prototypes.
    ...and various other religions with multiple gods or no God.
    ...and my opinion is that mankind doesn't need promises of a better place, and that we have the ability to do as we speak while maintaining a high quality of life. I can see your view that life as an atheist seems depressing, but on the whole I find that without a personal God, one does not have to rely on anyone else, nor can blame anyone else. In a failure, if God does not deliver, does one not feel more depressed than if they instead immediate worked to change? On deathbed, do the promises of a better land make up for lapses in His benevolence?

Well, seven days depends on if you take the Bible literally or metaphorically. Are you Young Earth or Old Earth? Is each day literally one day or is each day millions of years? No one knows the answers to those questions, one can only ponder for eternity.

These subjects are so interrelated, I'm not surprised at all.

Edits!

Yes I understand. I am just pointing out that for every anecdote about a conversion, there is one for the opposite. It still doesn't change the fact that a majority of biologists are atheists. As to the second point, yeah, I know. Those were directed to fellow Reballoo.

Ah I see, I just don't understand why people use the Bible as an excuse to hate gays or call them out while other things are ignored. By that logic, the excuse is invalid. Who is to choose which parts are worthy of keep or discard?
    Cooking kid in mother's milk. You have the meat from the cow, and are cooking it with cheese, which is made of a cow's milk. So you are cooking the kid (meat) with the milk (cheese).
    I do not use the bible to hate or call out gay people. I do not hate gay people period. And the chooser of which parts of the bible are worthy to keep is god. He would not put them in the bible if they were not worthy. If you mean my case, I am not choosing which are "worthy", I am choosing what to believe. It is completely 100% my choice as to what I believe and what I do not believe. It is not the law to either not believe in any religion or believe in a religion completely. I am not the kind of person who says "I used to be gay, but then I read the bible, and it says gay is bad, so I stopped being gay"(direct quote). I believe in what makes sense. Anyway, you seem to remember every part of the bible so could you quote where in the bible it says "gay is bad" for all those homophobes?

Master Sorcerer

I do not use the bible to hate or call out gay people. I do not hate gay people period. And the chooser of which parts of the bible are worthy to keep is god. He would not put them in the bible if they were not worthy. If you mean my case, I am not choosing which are "worthy", I am choosing what to believe. It is completely 100% my choice as to what I believe and what I do not believe. It is not the law to either not believe in any religion or believe in a religion completely. I am not the kind of person who says "I used to be gay, but then I read the bible, and it says gay is bad, so I stopped being gay"(direct quote). I believe in what makes sense. Anyway, you seem to remember every part of the bible so could you quote where in the bible it says "gay is bad" for all those homophobes?
    So the bible contains many verses about stoning sinners, rape is a lightly punished crime, slavery is ok, etc., and those are all ordained by God? If he put all those in there and you choose to believe in only some, are you not partially believing in God's will and command? I don't understand...
    Anyways quotes (copy pasted from a website)
    Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
    Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
    1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
    Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

So the bible contains many verses about stoning sinners, rape is a lightly punished crime, slavery is ok, etc., and those are all ordained by God? If he put all those in there and you choose to believe in only some, are you not partially believing in God's will and command? I don't understand...
    Anyways quotes (copy pasted from a website)
    Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
    Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
    1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
    Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."
    The rules have changed now anyway. The new testament is the new bible, even though is till follow a lot of the old rules too. Like I said, I believe in the rules that make sense. I do not blindly follow the bible, I follow what ever makes sense to me. I believe what I choose to believe, not just what the bible says. The bible just influences my thinking greatly.

Thank you for the quotes, so now the homophobes can actually see what it says.

Once again, you are smart...

Master Sorcerer

Bump..
    Ten char
    Do not judge me. Until you know me. Do not underestimate me. If you have never challenged me. AND. Do not talk about me. If you never talked to me.
    - Mitcho
    }
    WARMAKER 😆
    Shikaru 😅
    CookiePlays 😍
    QuickCrafter 😜
    Mikaylaxoxo 👵
    Silvermoon😄
    Fatmasterify ⭐️

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcho123 View Post
    Bump..
    Ten char
    No bumping needed. If people actually wanna continue to discuss this then sure, they will do so them self.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcho123 View Post
    Bump..
    Ten char
    It's funny how you talk about how much you hate this but than bump it.
    I'm owner of outrun, Sochi14 (WOTD) I also own Pib which is the Hmong version of start. I own the world WorldOfTheDay. My hospital is named Mayohospital. Hope to see you in game. :hat
    Don't be prejudice, be like the panda, he's black, white, and Asian !

◄◄Rewind the Memories ►►FastFoward the Drama ►Play the GoodTimes ▌▌Pause the Moments █ Stop right there

Banned
    Working out my butt cheeks at the nearest McDonald's.

My cousin is gay. he grew out of being gay but he was gay for 2-3 years. Then he saw this girl he liked and now hes not gay anymore.

Master Sorcerer Juan Alfredo Guevara's Avatar

I'm gonna end this for all- With a touch of humor

God isn't white, nor black, It isn't man nor woman, and loves children. Therefore, God is Michael Jackson.

Also, God is the biggest thing ever, yet we can't see it, so we are all blind. Love is blind and God is love-Therefore we are god AND Michael Jackson

There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Alfredo Guevara View Post
    I'm gonna end this for all- With a touch of humor

God isn't white, nor black, It isn't man nor woman, and loves children. Therefore, God is Michael Jackson.

Also, God is the biggest thing ever, yet we can't see it, so we are all blind. Love is blind and God is love-Therefore we are god AND Michael Jackson

There you go.
    Michael Jackson is african american

A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.
    ~Max Muller

I lik to help people /msg me if you need help

Master Sorcerer Juan Alfredo Guevara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tugg Speedman View Post
    Michael Jackson is african american
    Google Images Michael Jackson-He is African American, AND white!

Super Moderator

Seems this conversation has run its course. Thanks for participating, everyone!