Thread: Increase stealing usage

Lesser Knight

If Seth does want to attract more people to use steal instead of attack, there are a few change that can make the difference.

1. Do not give out tags for the attackers.

2. Or increase the total number of tags you can get in one steal. (for example 10)

3. To make things even more interesting, you can decide which type of tags you are trying to steal. Right now, most of the players exchange all their tags into wood. If you can choose the tag type, the thief can have the better chance to gain something.

4. Safe is not 100%. Similar to Smoke Detector, the thief can choose to try the Safe combination, and can have 1 in 10 chance of opening it. And like the potlock, the Safe can also be worn down after certain trial.

5. Now, people might use much more stealing. Maybe police protection should be available, too. If you are stolen 3 times in one day, the police would come.

Angry

so are you saying that if you were stolen from you wouldn't call the cops straight away? instead you would wait until two other people had stolen from you that same day before doing anything....

- Hori

Lesser Knight

Don't you know Deathville is a place full of physical assaults? There are just not enough police officers totake care of every crime. So only those who are stolen from 3 times would get police's protection.

Lesser Knight

Cool

Having the ability to choose which tag would be TOO strong, because everyone would choose wood anyways... Plus, the stealing would be 100% if they chose a tag type that had any tags in it...

Plus 3 times in one day?? People could organize steals and just rape someone out of all their tags... I'd say maybe 6 tags at the most can be stolen, and up to a max of 10 tags can be stolen from someone in one day (in attacks and steals combined)... Then the 3 times in one day doesn't sound as bad..

Safe idea sounds good.. but maybe a 15% chance instead?

Jason Grandon
    Lord.Gandalf

Also known as banditcom on IGN.

Lesser Knight

I think that the stealing setup is fine as it is. Not much stealing goes on anyway, because of the need for precious BP.

If I would change anything at all, I would allow fights and stealing to take place, while the victim is online!

Lesser Knight

Question

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wartortle @ Jan. 20 2003,12:11)]If I would change anything at all, I would allow fights and stealing to take place, while the victim is online!
    Yes, that would be cool.  But if you fought someone if they were on, then they should ALWAYS get first strike, since they are 'awake' and all...

Jason Grandon
    Lord.Gandalf

However, doesn't "First Strike" go to the player with the most plots filled? (Think I read that in the FQ rules...)

Lesser Knight

Smile

Quote[/b] (Death of Rats @ Jan. 30 2003,8:27)]However, doesn't "First Strike" go to the player with the most plots filled? (Think I read that in the FQ rules...)
    Yes it does.

But if the person was online ('awake&#39, and another person tried to steal from them, the 'awake' person should always get first strike.
    Jason Grandon
    Lord.Gandalf

Awake people should get first strike most of the time but there should still be a small chance for the intruder to sneak up behind the person and hit them on the head before they knew what was happening.

Lesser Knight

Why can't the first hit be given randomly? The players who have played every day (have most plots) have the advantage all of the time, which is unfair!

What's so unfair about rewarding players who play everyday amd make successful sales? These players have played well and diligently so that they can have the "first strike" advantage.
    However, the advantage is not totally uncounterable. You can burn their parlor and thereby diminish their number of plots. Also, occasionally, you will dodge their hit, and the advantage is moot.

But if the game is down and you can't get on how are you supposed to catch up so you can have first hit huh

Lesser Knight

Cool

Quote[/b] (hannie_13_2000 @ Feb. 05 2003,3:58)]But if the game is down and you can't get on how are you supposed to catch up so you can have first hit huh
    By burning it down!

There should be risks for losing sales, not just lost of bps... A loss of a tag, some bps, and a total plot is enough sometimes to NOT take a risk... But sometimes people do, like myself, to go for that perfect sale or whatever...

Plus, this way adds to the benefit of going for a hearse instead of psy first... And it makes burning down parlors actually useful.

Missing days is going to knock you behind, no matter what... Not just from total plots, but from tags and bps as well.

If the game is down, the game is down.. Not much you can do about it... If it was down for nearly all day, I think that day should be redone.
    Jason Grandon
    Lord.Gandalf

No one steals?? Us wimps with 10 hp/3 str do nothing BUT steal We never make the papers and seeing all the cute underwear designs is a hoot! Too bad I can't publish pictures of YOUR pajamas Wartortle The best part is they never find out who did it...let the paranoia begin! V

Lesser Knight

Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 15 2003,10:40)]Too bad I can't publish pictures of YOUR pajamas Wartortle :)
    A picture of this does exist. And it's not a pretty sight!

As far as stealing goes though, it's difficult once the safe has been bought, because it never wears out. This means that the top people are immune to stealing (as they always buy the safe to protect themselves from being burnt down).

I won't suggest anything, because I continually get shot down anyway :-)

A guy called BLahblah stole my huge lock. :'( I have pics
    Currently taking a break from Growtopia. My main world is MOXIEWORLD. Meet Moxie.:3

Squire

Exclamation !!!

Ancient Thread Alert.
    Sam

Lesser Wizard

These changes take a lot of time and work to redo the already existing programing of the game, personally, I think leaving the game as it is, is the better idea. I would like to start off with a few more turns but, what is available is fine.

Perhaps the next game (after this one since it has already begun) should be dropped from 40 to say 35 or even back to 30. It would also be nice if this could be randomized to where we would not know how many days the tournament would last until the first day of play. Personally, I like the 35-40 range, but it would make the game more interesting, to say the least, if the play days were randomized once in a while. Would most certainly keep the players on their toes.