Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malkavian

Lesser Wizard

I told myself (and Lord.Gandalf) I wouldn't be responding anymore... but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Now ask him, why HIS strategy (which is what I just explained in the previous paragraph) isn't on his site!
    Could it be because I don't have a strict strategy?  I'm still trying out different things, even on the DX server, late in the game.  One day I decided to buy another Crown Sovereign for 10 more turns, to see if it was worth it (it doesn't seem to be) and another day I decided to try to upgrade to Psy 12 to see if it made a difference from Psy 10 (and that didn't do much either).  I think you said you spent hours/(days?) playing FQ by yourself to figure out the best strategy and test everything... but I simply don't have the will to do so, so I'm still trying out things.

Anyway, I think I know of a better strategy for small games (i.e. RTSoft Test Server) than what you have, from both my experience and Lord.Gandalf's.  I'll probably put it up someday.

Quote[/b] ]When I play, I take my turns, do my beating up, and leave.  I'll just attack whoever is available.  However, one person will not attack anyone else.  They'll wait and wait, until I'm unprotected, THEN attack.

Simply, I think that people who do that, are sad. Do those people really need to beat up one person, in a silly game, and wait around all day every day to do this?
    Um... it isn't like me or ReMano are waiting in the bar for hours until you logon... I have classes in the morning, and my classes get out right about when you logon to play.  OMG.  I'm so evil.

Just because someone doesn't adhere to your FQ Moral Commandments, doesn't make them 'sad' or 'not have a life' or whatever, and continually posting that crap in the newspaper just makes you look like a jerk.

Anyway... I've noticed over the past couple days both you and Hannah have played your turns, then decided to come back later and attack... have you descended down to the 'sad' and 'not have a life' status as ReMano and me now?

Quote[/b] ]I stopped playing the RT Soft game for 2 reasons. One is that Hannah got burnt down, and the other is that I was out of the country for a couple of days.
    Um... if its just a game that doesn't matter, why quit if you don't play for a couple days?  Heck, I've missed 3 days on the DX server, and I'm still having a fun time laughing at all the new crap people write in the newspaper.

Eh, that's enough for now.

Lesser Knight

This is too easy.

Amazingly (and despite what it looks like here), I don't have hours and hours free to play this game.

I am on 2 games... I *might* play a few days of the next tourney.

I said that I were going to leave the DX game, and Redink leaves me a message saying "you're quitting because you're losing". So if I leave, I'm a bad loser/coward, and if I stay, no-one else knows what he said. Hmmm... students, huh?

I proved a point about playing turns, then coming back later... and that's all it was. It's a pretty stupid thing to do, in my opinion (and as you're a student, you don't have an opinion, so get over it*).

In closing (for the last time)... FQ is a game of luck, not skill. From the customers, to the beating up, to the fires, to the luck events... there isn't THAT much skill involved. Trying to get an advantage, by playing the game in ways that other players CAN'T do, just shows how seriously you take this silly game.

* If you don't understand what this means, or you think that you DO have an opinion... well, you'll see if you study further.

Lesser Knight

Angry

Quote[/b] ]So you play your customers, then come back later? Of course you do that, to try and stop people from getting first hit on you.  If everyone played that way, this game would be messy... see if you can work out how.
    I play in the morning because I want to play it then.  Oh, and I hardly save my attacks for later... It kind of sucks when the top 10 people are all protected and to use my turns on a low level guy that will net me little BPs.  Saving them for later until someone who is worthy of a fight is a STRATEGY.  Duh!  Why attack lower level people when you can attack higher level people?

Quote[/b] ]I did post a message here a few days ago, suggesting random first hits.
    Then that makes it less skill, more luck in the game.

Quote[/b] ]If you didn't take the game seriously, you wouldn't do that!  Yesterday, I spent more time playing Monkey Curling (don't ask) than FQ.
    It's a STRATEGY, a very easy one.  It's not like I keep checking until a certain person logs on so I can beat them up.  I don't care who I beat up!  But I do care about getting more BPs out of a fight.

Quote[/b] ]Just so you know, my strategy doesn't change.  But my strategy isn't a simple "do this then do that", it depends on the game, the number of tags I have at the end of a day, etc.  Mathematically, my strategy is the quickest way to get everything (and no, I didn't spend hours working it out, it's simple enough).
    Yea, I know what yours is.  But you know what?  My strategy nets it faster than yours does!

Quote[/b] ]When Hannah was burnt down, I told her that it's a compliment.  People are not going to spend gold tags on someone who isn't a threat.  Sadly, my arms can't reach England from Holland, otherwise I might have continued playing.
    I must be a huge threat then.  I was burned down once, then the next day 4 times, and now today twice.  A total of 6 times in 3 days...

Quote[/b] ]In closing... The way you and Redink play this (keep checking back to see if the top people are available) is strictly the best way, but it's not the most sporting.  If there were real gold tags for the winner, I could see why you do that, but it's only a game... and yes, I am laughing at how you play it (I am not laughing at you as a person, I don't know you).
    It IS only a game!  Duh!! But who doesn't like to try to win games?  You act like we are spending a huge amount of time and dedication to FQ, when we don't.  In fact, I only play one 1 server, and haven't even played that many rounds in total since FQ has been out.

Quote[/b] ]I am on 2 games... I *might* play a few days of the next tourney.
    I'm in 1 game.  I only play on the RTSoft Test Server.

Quote[/b] ]I proved a point about playing turns, then coming back later... and that's all it was.  It's a pretty stupid thing to do, in my opinion (and as you're a student, you don't have an opinion, so get over it*).
    Oh so since we're in college, we can't have an opinion... Wow, that's the most ignorant statement I have ever heard.  That right there makes any opinion you make unrespectable, because you can't respect others.  Please, I'll give you some gold tags so you can buy yourself a life, and some silver ones for a clue.  Hell, I'll even throw in a sparrow.  How about them apples?

Quote[/b] ]In closing (for the last time)... FQ is a game of luck, not skill. From the customers, to the beating up, to the fires, to the luck events... there isn't THAT much skill involved.  Trying to get an advantage, by playing the game in ways that other players CAN'T do, just shows how seriously you take this silly game.
    Oh, so skill isn't required?  If that was the case, then why are we continually seeing certain people near the top.  Wouldn't it be pretty much random each game if it was just luck?  Luck events hardly add anything (this round I won by 8,000 on the RTSoft Server.. luck events, maybe netted me an extra 600 BPs).  Psy adds to get better customers and such.  Choosing who you fight helps you win more fights.  And you say trying to get an advantage?  What was that you did last round?  Oh, that's right... You were Hannah's little sugar daddy!  And what about others missing days?  They are at a disadvantage because they can't play everyday.  But, it's only a game right?  YOU are the one taking everything so seriously.

Quote[/b] ]* If you don't understand what this means, or you think that you DO have an opinion... well, you'll see if you study further.
    Huh?  I apologize for not understanding stupidity.

*waits for another hypocritcal post by wartortle*

PS: Squirtle > Wartortle

Jason Grandon
    Lord.Gandalf

Also known as banditcom on IGN.

Lesser Knight

Instead of wasting my time shooting all of that down, I'll just pick up on one thing.

"Oh so since we're in college, we can't have an opinion... Wow, that's the most ignorant statement I have ever heard."

This is interesting, but completely wrong. Try writing a paper, just giving your ideas and opinions, without referencing things. Guess what'll happen. I could tell you, but you can find out for yourself.

You might not believe me now, but when you leave College, and study further, you'll see what your opinion is really worth... and that is NOTHING.

Have you ever written a 3,000 report, with over 80 references? You might think "that's crazy", but who are YOU to say that some expert is wrong... you're just a student.

This doesn't have much to do with FQ, that's true... but when you go around thinking "my way is wonderful, I am right", you're going to be in for a shock in the real world.

Robert.

p.s. Squirtle < Wartortle.

Lesser Knight

Angry

Quote[/b] ]This is interesting, but completely wrong.  Try writing a paper, just giving your ideas and opinions, without referencing things.  Guess what&#39;ll happen.  I could tell you, but you can find out for yourself.
    Oh, so my opinions are wrong.  I never knew one&#39;s opinions were subject for right or wrong.

Quote[/b] ]You might not believe me now, but when you leave College, and study further, you&#39;ll see what your opinion is really worth... and that is NOTHING.
    Can you be any more ignorant?

Quote[/b] ]Have you ever written a 3,000 report, with over 80 references? You might think "that&#39;s crazy", but who are YOU to say that some expert is wrong... you&#39;re just a student.
    Expert on what?  Life?  Opinions?  Really, tell me what you&#39;re an expert at.  It&#39;s obviously not in arguments, nor in intelligence.  So please, enlighten me.  And I fail to see how writing reports makes one an expert in whatever you are referring to.

Quote[/b] ]This doesn&#39;t have much to do with FQ, that&#39;s true... but when you go around thinking "my way is wonderful, I am right", you&#39;re going to be in for a shock in the real world.
    Again, opinions are neither wrong nor right.  How can you fail to see that?  So take for example a person&#39;s religious belief: if theirs is different then yours, they are wrong?  Their opinions on life and religion are wrong because they don&#39;t adhere to your "expert" all knowing, all righteous opinion?

Opinions are OPINIONS.  And the reason why I&#39;m referencing things?  So you know which part I&#39;m responding to.  How have you made it this far in life believing you are better than everyone else, your opinions are right since you&#39;re an "expert", and anyone who does not agree with you is wrong?

Seriously, that is complete ignorance.  Let me take a "wild" guess here and say that you probably hit woman, degrade them, hate your parents, have little to no friends, have no really good friends, and are impotent.  I mean really, how else can one be so ignorant?

Jason Grandon
    Lord.Gandalf

Lesser Wizard

Children please
    Its only a game

Thumbs up

woo boy its hot in here&#33;&#33; gee I could sure use players like you guys on my server....come on over guys and check out the forums while you are at it.....I am sure you will draw alot of discussion...

Lesser Knight

Exclamation

Quote[/b] (Deathstalker @ Feb. 19 2003,8:40)]I am sure you will draw alot of discussion...
    Yea maybe..

But you can&#39;t really discuss something with an ignorant person who doesn&#39;t respect your opinions now, can you?

Oh wait, I forgot that I can&#39;t have opinions since I haven&#39;t written an 80 reference report that makes me an "expert."
    Jason Grandon
    Lord.Gandalf

Lesser Knight

OK, OK... Time to spell it out for the children (even though I think you&#39;re just trolling now).

You said "Oh, so my opinions are wrong. I never knew one&#39;s opinions were subject for right or wrong."

Which is an interesting way of twisting what I said. I said that your opinion is worthless, unimportant. And guess what... it is just that. I&#39;ll repeat what I said previously, and that is, when you continue your studies, you&#39;ll see what your opinion is worth. So you don&#39;t understand at the moment, that just makes you ignorant (and rather stupid).

This is really funny. You said "Can you be any more ignorant?", when talking about something you know NOTHING about, and something that I&#39;ve been through. But if I&#39;m the ignorant one for having been there, seen it, done it... well, I guess I&#39;m ignorant. *laughs*

The next part needs to be explained a little... it shows how simple someone can be (assuming he&#39;s not just trolling):

I said "who are YOU to say that some expert is wrong... you&#39;re just a student." and he said "Expert on what? Life? Opinions? Really, tell me what you&#39;re an expert at. It&#39;s obviously not in arguments, nor in intelligence. So please, enlighten me. And I fail to see how writing reports makes one an expert in whatever you are referring to."

There is this thing, it&#39;s called "research". I don&#39;t know if you&#39;ve heard of it (by the way, I am talking down to you). The idea of research, is to look at all of the knowledge in an area, and discover what is known about a subject. Are you with me so far?

When you&#39;re a student (when you reach a high enough level, which you&#39;re obviously not at yet), the point is to learn things. And guess how you learn about a subject... you&#39;ve guessed it, by researching. Maybe you&#39;re at such a low level of studies, that everything you need it given to you on a spoon. But when you grow up, you&#39;ll understand why universities have enormous libraries.

Last thing (yes, this is boring me): He said "Again, opinions are neither wrong nor right. How can you fail to see that?" So then, it&#39;s my opinion that the sky is orange, with green stripes. According to you, that&#39;s not wrong. See, opinions can be wrong, and are proven to be wrong all of the time. Try watching the news to see that.

To bring it back to FQ (finally), if you said "It&#39;s my opinion, that the best way to play, is to hard sell Pissed customers over and over", would you be surprised if you found out that&#39;s wrong?

Now that I&#39;ve quietly shot you down, the fact at the start of this discussion remains. That fact is, you&#39;re both (Gandalf and Redink) sad for playing the game the way you do. When you grow up, you MIGHT realise why, but I&#39;m not holding by breath.

Robert.

p.s. Blastoise > Wartortle

....whats going on in here?.... oh i see wartortle and gandalf and redink are all having a bitch fight... how nice...

now now girls.... no eye gouging or hair pulling
    - Hori

Lesser Knight

OMG&#33;

If anyone took this game seriously, that would definitely be me.

It&#39;s amuzing that people fighted back and forth without touching the real subject&#33; I thought you were discussing FQ game and so-called strategy.

I did not see anything wrong for taking a silly game seriously. Since originally you guys had some different opinions about how to play the game, I believed that both sides had certain seriousness about the game. What I can&#39;t understand is why it turned out like this.

We all know (or will know) the real life sooner or later, but that is nothing to do with how you want to play this game. That&#39;s the beauty of this game. I CAN decide to target one single people all the time and have a great fun. That doesn&#39;t mean I would be a sour sad loser.

One thing that I don&#39;t quite understand is why Gandalf and Redink were sad for playing the game the way they do.

The way Seth designed this game is NOT worth a great strategy move. Because if you were lucky in the very early days, you are 99% to be the winner if you know how to play the game. I used to take this game much more serious, because I think this game CAN become a strategy-packed game. But Seth did not make it that way. I&#39;ll see if I have enough time for this round of tournament in RtSoft&#39;s to prove me right...

One last note: I am NOT a student. And I did write something with more than 300 reference. That doesn&#39;t mean my opinions are right. They are here to be challenged.....

Lesser Knight

I stopped taking them seriously, when Galdalf came up with...

"Let me take a "wild" guess here and say that you probably hit woman, degrade them, hate your parents, have little to no friends, have no really good friends, and are impotent."

Once that level is reached, I just switch off.

Lesser Knight

Cool

The funny thing is, I switched off when you said " It&#39;s a pretty stupid thing to do, in my opinion (and as you&#39;re a student, you don&#39;t have an opinion, so get over it*)."

Jason Grandon
    Lord.Gandalf

Lesser Knight

"I am NOT a student. And I did write something with more than 300 reference. That doesn&#39;t mean my opinions are right." said Mimifish.

But hey, Boy Gandalf, you know better.

Damn, you guys sure can post. Im still trying to figure out who posted what( there is alot to go through. The game is not completely luck based, if I wasnt sick and unable to get on my comp. i would have probably said something but most everything i would have said is already posted so ill just do this...

First of all opinions are just opinions, How can the same people place high in tourns over and over if its all luck?,
    You people have some really amusing posts, anyone can have an opinion, There is a code of morals that you may or may not follow because they are only morals, this has gotten way off topic: The malkavian sercer, i really dont care about the topic, very few onpinions are right, what you think can be worth a rats ass for your employer so just forget it or your out, you opinion doesnt mean squat to most higher authoroties(thats not spelled right), And back to FQ: Stategies are your own and copying another one without giving it your own adjustments is just stupid because noones is perfect, There should be a time limit befor you can attack the same person (say, a week), and now thats taken care of let me say one more thing....

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ENTIRE SECTION OF THE FORUM ABOUT. THE TOPIC HAS BEEN TOSSED AROUND ALL DAY.
    (this is just my opinion from an unopinionated person (now isnt that confusing.)
    (-/-/-)ShadowBlade(-/-/-)

Lesser Knight

"You have been warned by a staff member. Your warning level has been increased, and this will be viewable to all members. Once you have reached the maximum warning level, your posting permissions will be revoked.
    You have been warned from the following post: http://www.rtsoft.com/htbin....entry36

Posting arguments on the board is one thing, posting links to Goatse is another."

So let me get this right, then. A friend of the admin can write "Let me take a "wild" guess here and say that you probably hit woman, degrade them, hate your parents, have little to no friends, have no really good friends, and are impotent." and that&#39;s totally fine. I post a link with a serious warning about its content, and it&#39;s not.

Do you understand what hypocracy is, Boy? If you can&#39;t take it, don&#39;t dish it out.

Lesser Wizard

Lord.Gandalf&#39;s insult was in ill-taste, I agree.  However, it was so outlandish as that it couldn&#39;t be taken seriously, in my humble opinion.

That in no-way compares to posting a link pretending to be a picture of Lord.Gandalf, when in reality linking to goatse.  Even with all the warnings in the world.