Thread: Memory Leaks

When I run FQ for an extended numebr of days, as in it's been online for 15 dyas straight with no restart....

The available FREE memory starts at 1.6GB and at 15 days is down to 640MB....

If I stop FQ and restart FQ, then I go back to 1.6GB free.... so, it's got to be FQ with the memory leak...

not a good thing

currently FQ server is taking over 1GB of RAM on my server... as soon as I can find a time when there are no players, I will stop and restart it...

Normally it takes about 10-12 MB

Yikes.

If you minimize and maximize does this make any difference?

I'll check it for memory leaks. I have run Boundschecker on it in the past and it was clean, but you never know.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

do you get quite a bit of traffic to the server?

I have noticed this I only have a 128 stick in my server and when I first start it up I am at about 78megs when I hit midnight it goes to 12megs and goes back up to 18 till I reset it

I have about 100 users on it right now

Seth,

To answer your question (and sorry it has been a few months) but I get about 200+ logins per day to the server... so it stays rather busy.. I have never seen more than about 12-15 online at one time

But when I start the server, it shows over 1.5GB of RMA free and as the days go by , eventually it keeps dropping until sometimes I see it with 500K or less available... then I have to stop FQ and restart FQ and then the available memeory goes back to 1.6GB.

If I go tot he Task Manager when I first start FQ, it shouws about 12-15MB of RAM being used.... then after many days it shows 430MB and eventually it shows that FQServer is using 1.5GB+ ... so only makes sense it's the FQ server... I see this on 2 different servers that I run....

Knight

I too have had a memory leak problem.  The longer the FQ server was running, the less free memory I had available.

In desperation I moved FQ to a different computer, and I have not had the problem since.

Talking

Hmm, I am not able to duplicate the memory leaks here yet, that's interesting that the memory leaks cleared up after moving to a new computer, any major differences between those?

Really I need to setup a real FQ game here that gets lots of use to properly test it but being in Japan makes the ping pretty bad for players which is why I haven't. :/

My test server is running on XP btw.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Knight

There isn't any major difference between computer #1 and computer #2, at least not anything I can think to mention...

Knight

Exclamation Memory Leak Update

Last night, FQ ran maintenance at midnight and deleted about 130 players. When it was done running maintenance, FQ was down to 7 MB of free memory -- a huge decrease over the several undred megs of free memory it was reporting before (I always thought the number seemed low to begin with). Anyway, seems like maintenance is tied to the memory leak problem. I closed and re-started FQ and everything was back to normal.

Very interesting. I will run some tests deleting hundreds of accounts, thanks.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies