Thread: *Bugs*

Lesser Wizard

Bugs. Need squashing.

* When I got top seller yesterday, I also got the third seller bonus. Lord.Gandalf told me this happened to him as well, a few days ago.

* When you get a top seller bonus, FQ impolitely adds on the next event onto that message... so I got attacked today, so it added on the attacked message onto the end of the top-seller message.

* Somehow I got 15 HP... and Lord.Gandalf tells me this shouldn't be so. I just bought a HP upgrade at the University, and it added 5 HP... was it only supposed to add 4 or something?

Thanks, I'll check it out.

On the message, this is intentional - some messages are stackackable, and some aren't - for instance, if you got top seller of the day, a "so and so logged off message" and so forth they would be shown in a row because they don't need custom buttons or graphics in the window. The "Continue" button is only added when the game thinks you need to pause to show a window pic or hit reply in the case of mail.

When doing "physical training" at the university you will sometimes get +5 hitpoints instead of +4, this is a random luck thing.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Wizard

Found a bug in FQ V0.90! Granted I was cheating...

Let's say you have a PYS score more than 5, so that you have the "double spending limit" mojo. You then get a really chipper Super-Rich customer who is now ready to spend $29,000 (and change). After wetting your pants, you knock their resistence down to 0% and start hard-selling like it was the end of the world!

Unfortunately, you run out of hard salables (which turns out to be less than $29,000) and you get the message "The girl has alreader bought everything big you can thing of." In a panic, you hit hard sell again.

*CRASH*

That was the FQ server GP faulting on you.

Gee, I can't understand why this bug wasn't found sooner. ;-)

Argh, thanks - I tested at some pretty high #'s but I guess I didn't hit one quite that high. I also assumed it would say "you can't think of anything else to hard sell him".

Guess I didn't actually code that yet.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

One more typo to fix, there's some kind of conector word ("to" maybe, I forget) missing from the 80-proof barly wine event.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]When I got top seller yesterday, I also got the third seller bonus.  Lord.Gandalf told me this happened to him as well, a few days ago.
    Just to clarify, this is what happens:

That's not a bug - you got two separate bonuses.

One for being the top seller of yesterday and one for being the #3 overall (by total BP) yesterday.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Arrow

Hi!

I think the Top Seller Bonus should be the only one.
    Bonus's for being 1-2-3 is really not fair to other players and only adds to the sucess they already achieved. This keeps the game lop sided.

With the spending limit doubled - sounds like a few more options to purchase are in order:

Full banquet reception, complete with food and drink.
    Open bar reception - liquor included.
    Professional photographer who owns a camera.
    Choir boys and girls to sing sad songs and hymms.
    Sober Limo drivers for the grieving family and guests.
    Scented candles that bring on happy thoughts.
    Anti Bug and Worm lining for the coffin.
    Extra comfy fleece lining for warmth.
    Fancy Footstone to match the Headstone.

Just a few of my ideas.
    Robert

Exclamation

Hello Again,

upon reading my own posting - I realize that a Top Seller bonus should go to the *top seller* - the one who makes the most points from *SALES* - not the one who accumulates the most BP points - this would level the playing field quite a bit and even the guy on the bottom would have a shot at it !! - well sort of.

Robert

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Seth @ Dec. 25 2002,10:45)]That's not a bug - you got two separate bonuses.

One for being the top seller of yesterday and one for being the #3 overall (by total BP) yesterday.
    Doh... curse my non-thorough reading.  Sorry about that.

off topic
    Just introducing myself & asking if you have room for one more poster.  I started playing FQ just a few days ago & I'm already completely addicted. Wow this is a nice message board too. So...hi & bye.
    I have NO idea what all these buttons are for.
    hmmm let me see what this one does..