Thread: Few improvements/problems

Lesser Wizard

Exclamation

I was going to use the nifty Suggest-a-Feature form... but it doesn't work, it comes up with a 500 error. Perhaps you meant for it to go to cgi-bin instead of cgi-sys... I've never heard of somebody using a cgi-sys directory before.

Anyway, on to Toolfish:

1) It'd be nice to toggle the event 'ding' sound on or off... its annoying that it dings when it checks a web site, when it hasn't changed.
    2) The way you add events isn't exactly smooth. There isn't a cancel button on the Add Event dialog, it lets you create empty events, and it will run empty events every second (dinging like crazy ), requiring you to delete the event just because you wanted to see what the add dialog was like.

Other than that... it seems pretty smooth. An idea that I probably wouldn't ever use, but could be useful... maybe you could drag-and-drop URLs onto the Toolfish icon in the task bar? Dunno, weird idea.

Hmm - by default events don't have a Ding sound, you have to click 'Play Sound' on the add url wizard.   ?

Someone else has commented on "how can I turn off the ding noise" too - I'm confused as I don't hear any ding noises...?  My windows system sounds are a bit messed up though, like I never hear minimize/maximize windows.. hmm I'll check this out on another machine.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The way you add events isn't exactly smooth.  There isn't a cancel button on the Add Event dialog, it lets you  create empty
    Hmm, yes I'll do something with this.  I'll probably show a prompt if you finish editting an event that has nothing in it allowing you to destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]maybe you could drag-and-drop URLs onto the Toolfish icon in the task bar
    This would be great but it seemed like quite an ordeal just to add support for the drag and dropping last time I checked.. hmm, I'll put it on the 'do when I get  bored list'.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies