Thread: 10-15 - 1:28 PM: Triggered (No trigger?!

10-15 - 1:28 PM: Triggered (No trigger?&#33 - (No action?&#33.
    I have about a million lines of that all because I created an event and I didn't give it a name or anything. So I tried to recreate the event and a box came up saying that I created a blank event and I clicked cancle and then I rebooted the program and that message came up again so anyway

A. Clicking cancle still creates the event
    B. It was imposible to copy the text "10-15 - 1:28 PM: Triggered (No trigger?&#33 - (No action?&#33.
    " I had to go in and disable the event which for somebody that dosen't know what their doing may make that pretty much imposible for them.
    and C. I'd love to see events like those disabled automaticly or maybe add a feature to disable them in the future.

Anyway, hope that helps :-)

- cneal

Hmm ok, I'll fix this. That warning message that let's you not create the event was supposed to delete it and stop this from happening.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Oh kill me!

I can't delete this freakin event. Ok, this is what I do. I go into the event manager. I then select (No trigger?&#33 - (No action?&#33 and I click Delete event. I then select OK and the event is gone! I then select done and I select the X on the top right and Quit. Now I'll start the program again....... so I goto start programs toolfish, and run the program.... and it's back again! So anyway, the delete feature dosen't work. On the other hand and note that I just tried this now, disable/enable does work so that's a temp solution for the three (No trigger?&#33 - (No action?&#33 evens that I created :P

Lesser Knight

Why should it even be allowed to create an event that doesn't do anything? That's pointless.
    Tony M. Brown
    The Mr. Brown Network [www.mrbrown.net]
    \"Beam me up, Mr. Speaker!\" -Jim Traficant (D-OH)

An Event with no triggers or actions could be an 'unfinished' event.

I don't like the idea of events magically disappearing on me which is why I give them the option of deleting it when a blank event is detected.

If they take an existing event and remove all actions and triggers they will not get the warning because I would assume they know they removed everything.

About the bug with a deleted event coming back, I'll check it out! Another thing you could do for now is rename the file in the event editor and manually just erase that file in your toolfish \events dir.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Question

Ok, here the update - the problem is fixed, event deletion did not work (at all) under Windows 98/ME, while the 2000/XP version was fine.

And again I see why beta testers are so important, I almost released with that huge bug in it...
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Cool. I was thinking, for events like those, maybe you could have there be a default option to set it as disabled and then when the user is ready he or she could enable the event. That way if the user is new and dosen't yet know how to operate the program, then he or she wouldn't get psyched-oed out due to all the errors like I was getting. Also it would help if you could set the defaults for things like msg in the settings tab. I already missed a whole bunch of events (one) due to me not being here and I have headphones.

- cneal