Thread: Dungeon scroll.. and am I missing something?

First off, I would search the forum for the answers to this, but it seems that I can not see anything on this forum that is newer than early September of 2003 despite the fact that the root of the forum says it has been updated in the last day.

Second, I have been trying to play Dungeon Scroll, but I end up playing in spurts at work while waiting on things to happen (formats, installs, etc). So I shrink or pause almost every game while in it. The problem is that when I restore or unpause the game, all of the tiles and buttons are random BMPs from the graphics directory. If I attempt to do anything with the game from this point it gets "odd" to say the least and I am not sure what I am doing since I can't see the letters or buttons as they are supposed to be.

Suffice it to say, I have only been able to finish 1 full game to 6th dungeon (demo) out of my 10 supposed free tries. I am quite interested in this game, but if I am not going to be able to play through a game throughout the day then it will be a waste of my time and money.

P.S. I had the 1.00b version originally of the game before I burned through the 10 tries. I attempted an updated version (1.10d) to see if it still had the same issue, but of course I can't test it since I am out of free plays.

Bob,

First, that is really weird that you can't see newer forum posts, including this one probably. I'll also send this message to your email address.

Maybe a cache setting in your web browser or... hmm.

Second: Dungeon Scroll does fully handle minimizing/alt-tabbing, I've not heard of any problems in this area.

You might want to check your work computer, make sure it has enough HD space, update DirectX and the like.

I'm going to send you a full version of Dungeon Scroll so you can try the new version. If it ends up working great and you like it enough to buy, please do. If not, keep the free copy.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies