Thread: When will the Proton's c++ flash target be released public?

Talking When will the Proton's c++ flash target be released public?

Since Adobe just release the Alchemy 2(FlasCC), hope Proton can include those files supporting Flash target in SVN if possible

Hey, I hope to put it all online (including the GLES 1.X adapter I wrote) and have a decent tutorial on setting it up on the proton page within a week or two! The latest version broke something so I need to go in and fix it first, (I haven't compiled since a fairly old beta) but time has been hard to come by as I'm gearing up for a new game release. But yeah, gonna do it.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Cool

Looking forward to it, Seth. I really like the entity-component way of Proton's SDK for game coding, you've done a greate Job!

Squire

Oh sad to see I will have to wait 2 weeks, wanted to use flash target for this Ludum dare ! will have to wait for the next one I guess, but thank you seth!!!! thank you for all the work you had been doing all this time
    Zaxuhe//
    Game developer

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxuhe View Post
    Oh sad to see I will have to wait 2 weeks, wanted to use flash target for this Ludum dare ! will have to wait for the next one I guess, but thank you seth!!!! thank you for all the work you had been doing all this time
    I'd also like to have the latest flash stuff ready before this weekend in case I do ludumdare too. (I did use it last time) .. I tried to get it all working yesterday but ran into some frustrating snags, I'll see what I can do though..
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Update: Proton Flash stuff is now committed, it should all be there!

Here's the get started/info page

Please let me know if I screwed anything up and you can't get RTBareBones/RTSimpleApp compiling in Flash, or if anybody has improvements to donate.
    Last edited by Seth; 12-13-2012 at 05:15 AM.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Squire

Well its time for me to try then! thank you, downloading the files right now!
    Zaxuhe//
    Game developer

Squire

by the way I should be safe if I only use normal surface calls right?
    Zaxuhe//
    Game developer

by the way I should be safe if I only use normal surface calls right?
    Yes, everything that Surface does is supported by the GLES adaptor. It does handle basic 3D as well (My 3d puzzle game Mind Wall runs, for instance), but nothing too fancy, I'd probably have a hard time getting my 3d tank game to run in Flash.

So for anybody thinking of using it for the upcoming LD, I'd suggest sticking to Surface/SurfaceAnim blitting, otherwise you'll probably run into issues.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Squire

Hello seth, I think you had forgotten to add AudioManagerFlash to the project since I get an error that it is not found :/ it isn't at the svn
    Zaxuhe//
    Game developer

Hello seth, I think you had forgotten to add AudioManagerFlash to the project since I get an error that it is not found :/ it isn't at the svn
    Oops, my bad. Added
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Squire

Thank you seth, I have tested it and its now working, I was able to compile and run RTSampleApp
    Zaxuhe//
    Game developer

Squire

On flash I'm having a problem with these lines of code:

Code:
    	entity_ = GetEntityRoot()->AddEntity(new Entity());
    	entity_->AddComponent(new FocusUpdateComponent);
    	LogMsg("img4");
    	entity_->GetVar("filename")->Set(Variant(_filename));
    	LogMsg("img41");
    	entity_->GetVar("filename")->GetSigOnChanged()->connect(boost::bind(&image_object_::on_filename_changed, this, _1));
    	LogMsg("img42");
    	LogMsg("%s",_filename.c_str());
    	entity_->GetVar("filename")->Set(Variant(_filename));
    	LogMsg("img5");
    this is the output I get:
    Code:
    img1
    img2
    img3
    img4
    img41
    img42
    1_tilde_002.rttex
    RangeError: Error #1506: The specified range is invalid.
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZNKSs4sizeEv()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZNKSs7compareERKSs()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZStltIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEbRKSbIT_T0_T1_ES8_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZNKSt4lessISsEclERKSsS2_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZNSt8_Rb_treeISsSt4pairIKSs6framesESt10_Select1stIS3_ESt4lessISsESaIS3_EE11lower_boundERS1_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZNSt3mapISs6framesSt4lessISsESaISt4pairIKSsS0_EEE11lower_boundERS4_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZNSt3mapISs6framesSt4lessISsESaISt4pairIKSsS0_EEEixERS4_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZN13resource_file9get_imageESs()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZN13image_object_19on_filename_changedEP7Variant()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZNK5boost4_mfi3mf1Iv13image_object_P7VariantEclEPS2_S4_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZN5boost3_bi5list2INS0_5valueIP13image_object_EENS_3argILi1EEEEclINS_4_mfi3mf1IvS3_P7VariantEENS0_5list1IRSD_EEEEvNS0_4typeIvEERT_RT0_i()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZN5boost3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf1Iv13image_object_P7VariantEENS0_5list2INS0_5valueIPS4_EENS_3argILi1EEEEEEclIS6_EEvRT_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZN5boost6detail8function26void_function_obj_invoker1INS_3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf1Iv13image_object_P7VariantEENS3_5list2INS3_5valueIPS7_EENS_3argILi1EEEEEEEvS9_E6invokeERNS1_15function_bufferES9_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZNK5boost9function1IvP7VariantEclES2_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZNK5boost7signals6detail11call_bound1IvE6callerIP7VariantNS_8functionIFvS6_EEEEclINS1_20connection_slot_pairEEENS1_8unusableERKT_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZNK5boost7signals6detail18slot_call_iteratorINS1_11call_bound1IvE6callerIP7VariantNS_8functionIFvS7_EEEEENS1_23named_slot_map_iteratorEE11dereferenceEv()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZN5boost20iterator_core_access11dereferenceINS_7signals6detail18slot_call_iteratorINS3_11call_bound1IvE6callerIP7VariantNS_8functionIFvS9_EEEEENS3_23named_slot_map_iteratorEEEEENT_9referenceERKSG_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZNK5boost15iterator_facadeINS_7signals6detail18slot_call_iteratorINS2_11call_bound1IvE6callerIP7VariantNS_8functionIFvS8_EEEEENS2_23named_slot_map_iteratorEEENS2_8unusableENS_25single_pass_traversal_tagERKSF_iEdeEv()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZN5boost6detail23postfix_increment_proxyINS_7signals6detail18slot_call_iteratorINS3_11call_bound1IvE6callerIP7VariantNS_8functionIFvS9_EEEEENS3_23named_slot_map_iteratorEEEEC1ERKSF_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZN5boostppINS_7signals6detail18slot_call_iteratorINS2_11call_bound1IvE6callerIP7VariantNS_8functionIFvS8_EEEEENS2_23named_slot_map_iteratorEEENS2_8unusableENS_25single_pass_traversal_tagERKSF_iEENS_6detail24postfix_increment_resultIT_T0_T2_T1_E4typeERNS_15iterator_facadeISL_SM_SO_SN_T3_EEi()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZNK5boost10last_valueIvEclINS_7signals6detail18slot_call_iteratorINS4_11call_bound1IvE6callerIP7VariantNS_8functionIFvSA_EEEEENS4_23named_slot_map_iteratorEEEEEvT_SH_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZN5boost7signal1IvP7VariantNS_10last_valueIvEEiSt4lessIiENS_8functionIFvS2_EEEEclES2_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZN7Variant3SetERKSs()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZN7Variant3SetERKS_()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZN13image_object_C1ESsb()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZN5muros4initEv()
    	at global/C_Run::F__ZN3App6UpdateEv()
    	at global/C_Run::F_Native_Update()
    	at com.adobe.flascc::CModule$/callI()
    	at com.adobe.flascc::Console/render()
    it crashes between img42 and img5 at entity_->GetVar("filename")->Set(Variant(_filename));

can you help me please ?
    Zaxuhe//
    Game developer

Hmm, that range error is very generic and can just mean a memory access problem (like using a null pointer, or bad address) - so it can be hard to tell if it's a bug in your code or a Flash thing.

It looks to me this is happening inside of an image_object_, when are you instantiating it? If it's a global (initted before App's init), it could be related to that and I'd tried moving it so it's dynamically initialized inside of the App classes init or something like that.

If you can make a small reproducible version of the error so I can just replace App.cpp in RTBareBones or RTSimpleApp I could check it out and see if I can fix it.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Squire

While I was doing init for all the stuff, the crash was caused by using singletons (changing them to pointers solved it), thanks
    Zaxuhe//
    Game developer