Thread: Need some clarification

Default Need some clarification

Hi. My Name is Jaffar. I am from Singapore, and I am a blind computer programmer/software developer. I found ClanLib on the net and since I am thinking of developing a game, I am now giving it a try, but the documentation is not to clear on configuring clanlib to work with vs2012. Can someone please guide me as to how to configure vs2012 to use ClanLib? I must say that after going through the examples, I find that ClanLib is top of my list of game engines for use in my upcoming game. Thanks and cheers and nice work.

In that one place, in that one time, with that one person.

Quote Originally Posted by jaffar View Post
    Hi. My Name is Jaffar. I am from Singapore, and I am a blind computer programmer/software developer. I found ClanLib on the net and since I am thinking of developing a game, I am now giving it a try. Can someone please guide me as to how to configure vs2012 to use ClanLib? I must say that after going through the examples, I find that ClanLib is top of my list of game engines for use in my upcoming game. Thanks and cheers and nice work.
    I know NOTHING about game development. But I will tell you that I WILL play your game.
    IGN: JackRussell.
    I've been playing since December 28th and I'm already semi high level. (16) #nolife

Quote Originally Posted by DrillX View Post
    Damn I wanted 2 bid but I just got hacked and lost my stuff

ClanLib Developer

There is a configure.exe program included with the ClanLib source code. Running it will show a little wizard asking a couple of questions and then based on the answers it generates a solution and project files. You then open the solution with VS2012 like with any other project.

I'm not sure based on your question whether you meant ClanLib itself or your own project. For your own project, you basically just include the ClanLib header and #pragma rules in the header adds the required linker rules. Just make sure that the library files and headers are in the paths searched by Visual Studio. One other thing to look out for is that ClanLib per default builds libraries linked with the static C++ runtime, while VS2012 defaults to using the DLL C++ runtime. You fix this by either switching the configuration type in ClanLib and build the DLL version, or by changing the runtime used in your own project via the project settings.