Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 216

Thread: Commands Guide For Newbies

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    631

    Default Commands Guide For Newbies


    This guide teaches you about commands in game (Growtopia). If there is anything I need to add, just let me know in this thread. I recently updated the OP to make the guide more organized and easier on the eyes.

    Note: This is for in-game commands only, not "forum commands".

    Game Information


    Player Communication


    Growtopian Expressions


    World Owner Commands


    Typing With Colors (by Seil)
    Last edited by Rush; 08-18-2015 at 06:36 PM.

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Seil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Type: /?
    What it does: Lists all available commands

    Type: /rules
    What it does: Brings up the game rules popup

    There's also /yes and /no but since I'm iOS I can't use those yet. And there was /me, which I liked. Not sure why it's been removed x.x

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Haha, yeah, I liked /me too. I didn't know about the /rules one. Wow. Thanks Seil!

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    /me will rise from its grave in the next day or two!

  5. #5
    Squire
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21

    Default

    /yes makes peoples thumb go up and head go up and down and /no makes their head move side and there thumb going down
    You make fun of my name you better watch out cuz a minja star is coming your way.

  6. #6
    Lesser Wizard lilray007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    house
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minja421 View Post
    /yes makes peoples thumb go up and head go up and down and /no makes their head move side and there thumb going down
    AND their eyes change...a bit.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    /me will rise from its grave in the next day or two!
    I will edit the OP with the yes and no commands when I can get to a computer tomorrow, hah.
    Last edited by Rush; 04-20-2014 at 01:37 PM.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    698

    Default

    You need to add /me
    What it does: Changes the sentence into third person with your name as the pronoun. e.g. "/me slaps rush with a floppy pancake", will renders as "tony26 slaps rush with a floppy pancake"

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    698

    Default

    ... and broadcast cost 15 gems not 10, right?

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Seil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tony26 View Post
    ... and broadcast cost 15 gems not 10, right?
    Yeah, it's been 15 gems since a couple days after release.

    Also /me was removed when the thread was made. That's why it wasn't in the OP.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Ok, I did not know that it cost 15 now. Tony, you did not slap me with a floppy pancake. It sounds disturbing anyway.

    EDIT: /me is back! Yay!
    Last edited by Rush; 12-30-2015 at 02:07 AM.

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Ok, I did not know that it cost 15 now. Tony, you did not slap me with a floppy pancake. It sounds disturbing anyways.

    EDIT: /me is back! Yay!
    Ok, then /me runs over rush with a truck. Which do you prefer now?

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Derpyderp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,922

    Default

    /broadcast costs 25 gems now
    Becareful on how many broadcast you send
    Its better to /msg someone
    Goals

    Recent drawn garbage

  14. #14
    Lesser Wizard lovandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Free 'broadcast' trick:

    /msg <put a letter here> <message here>
    This way, u will sent a message to all people who online with a name start from that letter,

    Do this to a-z, and u can sent ur message to all people who online, but some ppl who doesnt understand will curse u *maybe*,
    Or if u dont want to many people read just try some letters.

    Never try it, but i keep get random private message from some people and i keep ask them how. Someone finally tell me this.
    Last edited by lovandra; 01-29-2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: new info
    My Noobs' Goals stage 2:
    Have 20 Manekins
    A world storage with all seeds (PRIVATE) (spam seed gems pack)



    DONE


    Current activity in game: Noobing

    I'm proud to call myself Noob. Master of none. This way I stay open for new knowledge everyday. Cause when people start to called themself master, they limit their perspective to their current state.

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer Seil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovandra View Post
    Free 'broadcast' trick:

    /msg <put a letter here> <message here>
    This way, u will sent a message to all people who online with a name start from that letter,

    Do this to a-z, and u can sent ur message to all people who online, but some ppl who doesnt understand will curse u *maybe*,
    Or if u dont want to many people read just try some letters.

    Never try it, but i keep get random private message from some people and i keep ask them how. Someone finally tell me this.
    This should be fixed as of last night, actually.

    /msg should now require a minimum of 3 characters in order to prevent this kind of spam.

  16. #16
    Super Moderator Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Haha, I noticed the 25 gem fee when I got online just now. Fixed. Feel free to add an update to the game that I missed!

  17. #17
    Super Moderator Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Update: How to type with colors: Seil's mini guide.

  18. #18
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seil View Post
    Type: /?
    What it does: Lists all available commands

    Type: /rules
    What it does: Brings up the game rules popup

    There's also /yes and /no but since I'm iOS I can't use those yet. And there was /me, which I liked. Not sure why it's been removed x.x
    /me was removed??!! i like that command
    Boo.

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer Seil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sniper999 View Post
    /me was removed??!! i like that command
    It was removed for a day or two in the past. Look at the date of the post lol(also it was pointed out in another post that it returned haha)

  20. #20
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seil View Post
    It was removed for a day or two in the past. Look at the date of the post lol(also it was pointed out in another post that it returned haha)
    -_-...heh...i can call myself blind now...:wheelchair:
    Boo.

Similar Threads

  1. Growtopia For Newbies
    By Seil in forum Growtopia
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 05:53 AM
  2. Affected rows for database commands
    By Daniel Benoy in forum Official ClanLib SDK Forums
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 12:05 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •