Thread: Strange problems

Knight

One of my players recently had a strange problem which I thought would be interesting to share... it's probably just a fluke, but it is strange.

She clicked "wait for customers", and then as soon as she executed her first action on the customer, she triggered this error:
    "08-25 12:34 AM:Sending error message info to user : Connection with server died. (user not logged on)"

She logged in again, got past the "You fainted while dealing with a customer" section, clicked "wait for customers", and got a Super Rich Guy who was Pissed. She did many Soft Sells on him, and his mood changed from Pissed to In a Hurry, then Nervous, Frustrated, Annoyed, and back to In a Hurry (she saw In a Hurry at least four times) before the customer finally went back to Pissed (note: each time, the customer declined the soft sell because it would be over the spending limit).

She was disconnected again before clicking "Done", with extra status info "Can't accept, no customer exists", and 50 identical lines were written to the server's error log:
    "WARNING: 08-25 12:35 AM:get_range_from_age: Error, age 0 isn't valid."

The server itself then crashed with a C++ Runtime error (which unfortunately I failed to document).

Lightbulb

yeah the first part happens to me a lot but i never experienced what happened after that, i've even had my connection die and then i was logged into someone else's account, but no game is perfect
    See What I Can Do

Talking

I'm convinced there is a nasty bug in there that needs fixing somewhere. I'm working on building a stress test that will hopefully make it reproducable.

If anyone finds a way to reproduce any bugs please email me.

Is regular FQ crashing (server) a problem from anyone? I was under the impression it wasn't.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Wizard

when you wiat for about 10 minutes not doing the game, then it will say your connection failed or something.

Knight

Hmm, I'm having some more weird troubles. I got this email from one of my players a few days ago. I'm just posting it as more evidence that there is something amiss in FQ. Also, I came home tonight to find another runtime error on the screen and the FQ server crashed. :-(

"I received two extra turns when I bought a hearse and when I went back to use them I clicked on wait for customer. A customer appeared then all the buttons to interact with the customer turned into the buttons used at the store. I had to then "leave" the store (my only option) and when I went back to the funeral home there was only one turn left. "