Thread: Some requested things to implement

Talking

I'd really appreciate if you could throw in the following things for me...

A function to get how many days ago a user last logged on. (days in game time) This would be used in a script I've planned to write but see no way to implement without this function. Basically, if user x logs in on day 1 and I have turns carrying over, the player would get say, 20 turns on day 1... Day 2 and 3 pass and user x doesnt log in. day 4 user x logs in, but only gets the carry-over from day one, plus day 4's turns (40 turns), not 80 like he should. My script would fix that issue... Or you could just implement a turns carry over option yourself, though I suppose making it user accessable would be easier and more flexable for server admins. Considering that the gui shows how many days its been since last login, this could be done pretty simply.

A setting to set the game time - ie: 1 day = 24 means 1 day is 24 hours... 1 day = 12 would make 1 game day 12 real hours...

A setting/constant that sets a maximum to how many turns a player has. This would mainly be useful in preventing massive hoarding of turns on servers that carry over turns from day to day. I also believe it would prevent any sort of buffer overflow as far as that is concerned. Obviously a B/O wouldnt occur unless the player has massive massive amounts of turns, as im sure you used some type of variable that goes over 3000.

Thats all I could think of for now.. Oh, I also sent you an email, seth. Maybe you could get back to me on that if you haven't already if you got the chance. Thanks pal and keep up the great work. I was suprised when i came upon your site from a link from a FQ server and I was like holy F**K!!! It's the Dink guy! I remember playing the demo from PC Gamer back in the day.

SLATE

Check your email.

Sure I could probably add those script commands for you the next time I update FQ.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Oh, also - it seems as though if you force a new day, maint_player.c isn't executed.

Just thought that should be pointed out.

SLATE

Slate,

Whatever it is that you are trying to code,if you take the time to do some critical thinking there is probably a round-about-way to code what you want.

If you want more info contact me using the e-mail address

rmcnew@juno.com

I am the guy who made di-mart guns with the turn saver mod...

Ohh yea, and for seth,

I know of a coding technique you can use that would save scripters and modders time and space when using alot of repetetive functions. If you can implement it I can rewrite the main di-mart guns scripts down to about a third of of the amount of code that I have right now.

I'll send you an e-mail with details.

http://fqmods.cjb.net

Lesser Wizard

There's also a fine scripting document that, I think, is included with FQ. You can also see it here: FQ Scripting

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jjohn @ Sep. 04 2004,09:16)]There's also a fine scripting document that, I think, is included with FQ. You can also see it here: FQ Scripting
    Yes, be sure to memorize the whole thing and then put your logic and critical thinking skills to work.

I want to be able to go into the Graveyard, and the Parking Lot at the Hospital.

Only problem is, what to do there.

First thing I thought of when I was thinking about the Parking Lot was... perhaps it'd be a good place for fighting or stealing ambulances. Perhaps a player could go into the Parking Lot, start (or find) trouble with local thugs (or old ladies) and off them, and leave a business card in their pockets (in effect, adding a turn for the day if the mugging was successful). Should the tables be turned, though, a heavy loss of Bury Points, a loss of Luck (to reflect the impact on business), and a prominent mention in the News. Perhaps the occasionally forgetful Ninja would make an appearance for a hardcore fight to enhance the risks associated with trying to earn an extra turn for the day.

But a graveyard... clearly that's room for some undead action. But what to do there?