Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clothes for Newbies

Default Clothes for Newbies

Alrighty I've decided to make a charity to donate clothes to new people, the basics a shirt, pants , shoes and a hat. Well I've already begun mass production of tuxedos, but I am going to need some people to help me farm the clothing. It would be preferable to have people from different time zones supervise the area, to keep the server running 24/7 I am also going to need lots of rock seeds donated. I'd like there to be several kinds of shirts maybe green shirts, tan shirts, and tuxedoes. The pants would either be jeans black pants or cargo shorts. The shoes would be brown shoes. I don't want to make the clothing too rare so it won't be so hard to produce.

All credit goes to Marosa Minnie aka Meow. I've seen her forum posts mentioning this idea several times. If you would like to have access Meow I'd be more than glad to do so, since you made the idea.

If anyone would like to donate or help supervise the world, please pm me in game or here.
    Thank you.

P.s. The world is going to be named Clothes, I already checked the world and its practically cleared out but it has idle locks with nothing in the area. It would really help if the locks could be removed, by a moderator. There's about three locks there, 2 small locks and one big lock, all by different owners I've been trying to contact the owners of the locks for a while but they either are in active or don't play growtopia anymore. I own the lock by the spawn, it's to stop people from locking the main door.
    Last edited by Julio Mendoza; 03-06-2013 at 02:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marosa Minnie View Post
    That's admirable of Jens to pull out.
    Schlankwald

Default Moderators.

Well the world I have in mind has three locks and two of them are from guests. I would really like to have the locks removed so I can place the world lock down. I am dead set on using the world called CLOTHES because its sweet and simple. Not too long, and easy to remember.

I'm also going to need some admins, people who I'll give access too to help give the newbies the clothing when I'm offline.
    Schlankwald

Quote Originally Posted by Julio Mendoza View Post
    Well the world I have in mind has three locks and two of them are from guests. I would really like to have the locks removed so I can place the world lock down. I am dead set on using the world called CLOTHES because its sweet and simple. Not too long, and easy to remember.

I'm also going to need some admins, people who I'll give access too to help give the newbies the clothing when I'm offline.
    People have tried to get locks removed from worlds but it's not alowed (Unless those players get banned) because that simply defeats the purpose of a lock if players just ask admins to break other players locks because they simply want the world.

Did u message me in game about this?
    I think it's a great idea.
    I'm about to go out but pm me and we can talk?
    I'd love to get this up and running and will help anyway I can, donating and working.
    (Ill start planting lots of newbie clothes when I get home)
    Sounds good!

Ps clothes has locks.. Locks aren't often removed..very rarely..
    Try to scope out some other good names if you can.. Maybe something that implies charity like salvationarmy or something (but not so long.. Something short and easy would be good.) redcross maybe? I don't know, whatever you think is good !

Clothes would have been great but it's locked.

Ill talk to you about it soon though good luck for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooty View Post
    People have tried to get locks removed from worlds but it's not alowed (Unless those players get banned) because that simply defeats the purpose of a lock if players just ask admins to break other players locks because they simply want the world.
    Understandable but the players were guests. So they haven't been back online. The world is barren and empty. I've been checking to see if they've gotten online but they haven't. I'm certain that they're guests since their username is followed by an _ and numbers. They haven't bothered to make a home in the locks, which proves their in activity. If I am wrong about the fact that they aren't in active I would be more than glad to pay them back with a huge or big lock. I just would like the locks removed.
    Schlankwald

Understandable but the players were guests. So they haven't been back online. The world is barren and empty. I've been checking to see if they've gotten online but they haven't. I'm certain that they're guests since their username is followed by an _ and numbers. They haven't bothered to make a home in the locks, which proves their in activity. If I am wrong about the fact that they aren't in active I would be more than glad to pay them back with a huge or big lock. I just would like the locks removed.
    A player who wanted locks removed from a world, player's who were guests and don't play anymore but sadly their locks weren't removed due to them being locks and it would just defeat the purpose. I understand that you want them removed, it seems logical to remove them and they're not active players anymore. I'm just repeating what I've seen in a older thread, Seth/Hamumu's view on the topic might be different now-a-days though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooty View Post
    A player who wanted locks removed from a world, player's who were guests and don't play anymore but sadly their locks weren't removed due to them being locks and it would just defeat the purpose. I understand that you want them removed, it seems logical to remove them and they're not active players anymore. I'm just repeating what I've seen in a older thread, Seth/Hamumu's view on the topic might be different now-a-days though.
    Alright thanks for your input. I'm just going to have to think of a new name. Thanks anyways.
    Schlankwald

check these if they were used
    clothing
    clothesdonate
    cldonate
    clothesdn
    freecl
    newbieclothes
    Dead in-game
    not forums. maybe
    Here it is

Alright thanks for your input. I'm just going to have to think of a new name. Thanks anyways.
    I Thought of a few Names:

• Garments
    • Costume
    • Apparel
    • Attire
    • Threads
    • Outfit
    • Outfits

If your interested in any of these i would be more than happy to Let you have them.

Quote Originally Posted by FROLiC View Post
    I Thought of a few Names:

• Garments
    • Costume
    • Apparel
    • Attire
    • Threads
    • Outfit
    • Outfits

If your interested in any of these i would be more than happy to Let you have them.
    These are all good names I'll see which I choose.
    Schlankwald

These are all good names I'll see which I choose.
    Alright take your time.

Banned

I'll be glad to help, I have a whole world filled with useless starter items I no longer wear. (Along with some old mid-rarity items like the Fairy, Ninja and Pirate sets.)

EDIT: Would you also be able to include seeds or any other miscellaneous items? I find these more important than clothing.

EDIT: For a world name suggestion, what about Freebies?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Eagle View Post
    I'll be glad to help, I have a whole world filled with useless starter items I no longer wear. (Along with some old mid-rarity items like the Fairy, Ninja and Pirate sets.)

EDIT: Would you also be able to include seeds or any other miscellaneous items? I find these more important than clothing.

EDIT: For a world name suggestion, what about Freebies?
    Freebies I like it, I like it a lot lol. Yeah I probably will add some starter stuff, free seeds like rock, lava, and cave. Maybe higher value items too.

Edit: sweet, it was somewhat cleared already and no locks thanks for the name crimson.
    Schlankwald

Master Sorcerer

I'm interested in helping

I think I can farm so rock seeds and give

Freebies is a perfect name.
    Crimmeh is a smart cookie.
    Short, easy to spell, and to the point.

I'm not sure if im for the idea of giving seeds away..
    Mainly because they have the same means as us to collect seeds..we have no advantage..new players and old players still have to break rocks
    so giving them away to newbies is kinda not showing them what growtopia is all about..
    Growtopia is about digging, splicing and creating.. If you give em too much they might always expect handouts.. An outfit is good for them because often newbies hate being naked and I always get the question "where do I get clothes"... So that's helpful for them..but you know.. The seeds they are capable or getting themselves.
    But it's your world, so do as you please. (That's just my opinion)

I just think its good to encourage them to collect their own seeds so they learn the ropes..It'd be cool if you could show them an example of how to dig out rocks and whatnot in your world.. Like a newbie tafe course or something..maybe even show them how to splice.

I always wished i had time to do a world like that, but I'm glad someone else is.
    Hmm.. and about non-newbies asking for clothes? Meh it's only starter clothes.
    What are they going to do with a chicken hat anyways? Starter clothes are pretty worthless.
    Most clothes are for that matter.. Other than 7 day + outfits and vday clothes.
    So it's no biggie if someone lies and gets some clothes.

I reckon it's a great concept, I wish you luck on it. I'm going to go plant some clothes now.

Freebies is a perfect name.
    Crimmeh is a smart cookie.
    Short, easy to spell, and to the point.

I'm not sure if im for the idea of giving seeds away..
    Mainly because they have the same means as us to collect seeds..we have no advantage..new players and old players still have to break rocks
    so giving them away to newbies is kinda not showing them what growtopia is all about..
    Growtopia is about digging, splicing and creating.. If you give em too much they might always expect handouts.. An outfit is good for them because often newbies hate being naked and I always get the question "where do I get clothes"... So that's helpful for them..but you know.. The seeds they are capable or getting themselves.
    But it's your world, so do as you please. (That's just my opinion)

I just think its good to encourage them to collect their own seeds so they learn the ropes..It'd be cool if you could show them an example of how to dig out rocks and whatnot in your world.. Like a newbie tafe course or something..maybe even show them how to splice.

I always wished i had time to do a world like that, but I'm glad someone else is.
    Hmm.. and about non-newbies asking for clothes? Meh it's only starter clothes.
    What are they going to do with a chicken hat anyways? Starter clothes are pretty worthless.
    Most clothes are for that matter.. Other than 7 day + outfits and vday clothes.
    So it's no biggie if someone lies and gets some clothes.

I reckon it's a great concept, I wish you luck on it. I'm going to go plant some clothes now.
    So instead of giving them what they need, we show them how to get it. As they say give a man a fish he'll eat for one day, teach a man to fish he'll be able to eat for the rest of his life.(Or in this case teach a growtopian to farm) I'll see what I can manage to teach them. Splicing is fairly easy, I could show them the ropes.

I've managed to get 50 tuxedos and 50 brown shoes (which is very little) I'm still working on getting the 50 blue jeans. It's a decent amount to start with I guess. I plan on getting 200 of each before the world becomes open.
    Schlankwald

I'll try to help out. I have some extra clothes in my storage that I probably won't use, so... Yeah, I'll try to stop by.

Nice of you, but I doubt they'll remove the locks

Freebies I like it, I like it a lot lol. Yeah I probably will add some starter stuff, free seeds like rock, lava, and cave. Maybe higher value items too.

Edit: sweet, it was somewhat cleared already and no locks thanks for the name crimson.
    I have a world called growtopiainfo where I help out noobs maybe we can set up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I'll try to help out. I have some extra clothes in my storage that I probably won't use, so... Yeah, I'll try to stop by.
    Thanks every little bit helps
    Schlankwald