Thread: posts oddly dumped to the moderator queue

Default posts oddly dumped to the moderator queue

Sometimes my posts go through immediately. Other times they're put in a moderator queue and do not show up. They both have similar technical content, so I'm wondering if some kind of automated anti-spam script is doing this. Perhaps subject lines that have certain characters in them, like forward slashes for a directory pathname? Or is there some time limit between posts?

It's the anti spam stuff, it's extremely sensitive, perhaps too much so. But before I had it installed, we'd have 40+ spam posts a day we'd have to hand remove, was a huge pain.

Including links are probably the biggest thing that triggers it, then a forum moderator has to hand-approve it before others can see it.

Once you have a few more posts, the spam filter will start trusting you and stop tagging your messages as possible spam.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Can't you just check a box that says "Brandon Van Every is not a spammer?" It just happened again and it's getting in the way of bug reporting. The system is not very smart about deducing I'm not a spammer automatically.

Sadly I don't see any way to do that. It's sort of a hack into vBulletin to improves sadly lacking anti-spam stuff and isn't officially supported.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

How about making a wishlist request to the people who made the vBulletin hack, that some manual way of overriding it be provided?

Well, I don't really want the added hassle of needing to approve people .. so instead I'd like more settings to just make it better at detection..!
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies