PDA

View Full Version : iRec won't work

Danlord101
08-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Whenever I try recording stuff I always get stuck on the part "merging... Please wait...". No matter how long I wait it just doesn't load.

optimuswhat
08-15-2014, 10:47 AM
iOS devices were never meant to handle recording.
Expect unsolvable issues.

Danlord101
08-15-2014, 11:06 AM
iOS devices were never meant to handle recording.
Expect unsolvable issues.

It might just be a beta bug.

optimuswhat
08-15-2014, 11:09 AM
It might just be a beta bug.

In that case, expect annoying issues.
Don't you have a computer? Recording is way more easy on there, and you can edit your video, cut video, make it look professional. Video making for YouTube is a type of film making. Give your videos some love.

Danlord101
08-15-2014, 11:15 AM
In that case, expect annoying issues.
Don't you have a computer? Recording is way more easy on there, and you can edit your video, cut video, make it look professional. Video making for YouTube is a type of film making. Give your videos some love.

There's only 1 PC here but it's hogged by everyone else ._.

optimuswhat
08-15-2014, 11:19 AM
There's only 1 PC here but it's hogged by everyone else ._.

Ask for a $100 one. Those are actually pretty cheap, and decently fast. They're notebooks. Decent. They're not expensive, and I'm pretty sure you guys need more computers if the only one keeps getting hogged.
Mobile devices will never replace the computer. For $500 you can buy a shiny iPhone 5, but with $100, you can buy a laptop. With $500, you can get around 5 laptops. Notebooks are small, too. Nice and portable.

Danlord101
08-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Ask for a $100 one. Those are actually pretty cheap, and decently fast. They're notebooks. Decent. They're not expensive, and I'm pretty sure you guys need more computers if the only one keeps getting hogged.
Mobile devices will never replace the computer. For $500 you can buy a shiny iPhone 5, but with $100, you can buy a laptop. With $500, you can get around 5 laptops. Notebooks are small, too. Nice and portable.

I don't know if I wanna do that just to record grow since I get everything else done on my iPad.

optimuswhat
08-15-2014, 11:32 AM
I don't know if I wanna do that just to record grow since I get everything else done on my iPad.

You can use it for lots of other things other than Growtopia. Your selection of games has been significantly increased. You can use it for school. Heck, you can use two computers to get schoolwork done. (I do that. I'd like to use three or more, but there's not enough room on my desk).

Danlord101
08-15-2014, 11:37 AM
You can use it for lots of other things other than Growtopia. Your selection of games has been significantly increased. You can use it for school. Heck, you can use two computers to get schoolwork done. (I do that. I'd like to use three or more, but there's not enough room on my desk).

My parents might get annoyed if I start playing on PC and iPad.
YOU FACE JARAXXUS!

optimuswhat
08-15-2014, 11:39 AM
My parents might get annoyed if I start playing on PC and iPad.
YOU FACE JARAXXUS!

Unfortunately I can't say anything if your parents get annoyed (despite what I believe in). I gave you ideas, now it's your choice wether or not to consider them.

I WILL FACE JARAXXUS!

Danlord101
08-16-2014, 12:10 AM
So no one has a solution?

SAMDACAT
08-16-2014, 12:12 AM
Whenever I try recording stuff I always get stuck on the part "merging... Please wait...". No matter how long I wait it just doesn't load.

Are you on PC or iOS? If iOS, it's not really made for recording... But PC, try fraps or bandicam. They work well for me.
-SAMDACAT

Danlord101
08-16-2014, 02:07 AM
Apparently they haven't made it work on iPad 2 and below yet...

TIMTAM
08-16-2014, 02:16 AM
I posted a solution to this a while ago.

What you do is you go to setting and find iRec. You then turn of audio recording. The reason it takes so long to load is because it is matching the audio recording with the screen recording, so if you turn off the audio it doesn't need to do anything and it saves quickly. However if you want audio, then get an app like recordium that can record in the background so you quickly turn that on, then turn iRec on, and then after save them both and match them up using something like iMovie.

(I have an iPad 2). If you have an iPad 3 and up you don't need to do this, it should merge pretty quickly.

Master
08-16-2014, 02:18 AM

What you do is you go to setting and find iRec. You then turn of audio recording. The reason it takes so long to load is because it is matching the audio recording with the screen recording, so if you turn off the audio it doesn't need to do anything and it saves quickly. However if you want audio, then get an app like recordium that can record in the background so you quickly turn that on, then turn iRec on, and then after save them both and match them up using something like iMovie.

(I have an iPad 2). If you have an iPad 3 and up you don't need to do this, it should merge pretty quickly.

Make a guide, you should. Intelligent, you are.

Danlord101
08-16-2014, 09:23 AM

Thanks! I can finally record stuff.