PDA

View Full Version : Guitar players

Jlacson
08-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Hi, Im just a beginner on playing guitar. (Acoustic)
And I can play the song "huling el bimbo" but only the intro.

Any tips to make my fingers shift to another chord fast?

Any suggestions for beginner songs?

IAmABrodie
08-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Heya, I've personally been playing guitar for some time now, six years to be exact, and am a some-what decent player. Through the years I found a couple key things in becoming better, fast:

Play everything SLOW. Super slow. It is a little mundane at first, but it most definitely pays off in the long run.

Broaden your horizon. Listen to and play new things, things that are completely out of the box. In your case, don't stick strictly to finger picking, throw in some flat picking as well.

Also, don't stick to learning just the intros, in fact, learn the solos instead. Those are the parts that'll get you good.

My biggest tip though, LEARN YOUR SCALES. I'd recommend learning all the A Minor Scales first, then B Minor, C Minor, Ext. Then learning the Major Scales.

I'm not too big into finger picking, but I guess it'd be best to learn all the chords for that.

Boomer
08-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Play it slow, like Brodie said, and once you can play the song slowly, pick up the pace. I also recommend finding an instructor who has played guitar for a LONG time (mine has been playing since the 60s, at least).

Jlacson
08-17-2014, 05:13 AM
Thx for the tips!

Though Id prefer to learn by using computer, youtube cause Im a bit shy when some instructor teach me.

Really thankful!